Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 29, 2014, 05:00:17 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making One's Tools?  (Read 6305 times)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Re: Making One's Tools?
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »

The athame is a tool of Elemental fire (in some Traditions it is assigned to Air).Traditionally the blade can never have drawn blood before the Witch possesses it, and must never draw blood afterward.

Unless you are sure these blades are pure you may not want to use them.

Athame's may be sprinkled with saltwater, passed through incense smoke, and set out in the sunlight at noon for one hour. Then rubbed with mineral oil, which is then wiped clean with a
cotton cloth.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »

Marisol,

Many thanx for that. There is in fact no way I can be sure of the history of these blades, and as you so rightly say, I wouldn't want to take the chance. I had hoped there may have been a way to purify these blades whilst they were being re-formed.

I have decided I am going to set them aside and keep them away completely. I will either purchase them new, or make them from something of a different nature.

Thanx again  ;)
Blessed Be
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Darlita

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • My Essence On the World
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »

The athame is a tool of Elemental fire (in some Traditions it is assigned to Air).Traditionally the blade can never have drawn blood before the Witch possesses it, and must never draw blood afterward.

Athame's may be sprinkled with saltwater, passed through incense smoke, and set out in the sunlight at noon for one hour. Then rubbed with mineral oil, which is then wiped clean with a
cotton cloth.

Its so confusing when people switch around between fire and air with wands and athames. Just saying haha. I keep reminding mysself which element I chose for my athame, because of others mentioning it

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »

ANY tool.  Wrench, dagger, stick, pen, feather, bone...can be used ad hoc by the user.

Metal.  Wood.  Bone.  Clay.  It's all good.

Plastic?  Not so much.  Too many chemicals and bi-tri-quat-derived compounds arranged in ways Nature didn't devise,(nor intend), to be of good conductance to the Natural energies we intend to use.  Now, SOME would say that the intent is FOCUS.  Indeed, it is.  But that is only PART pf the whole.  When it counts...do you want to take the chance?  I do not.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »

@ C_A:

Someone posted somewhere (I don't know where but it was on this board) that prior to being able to afford an alter or tools for use in their spellwork that all of it was set up in their mind. They aranged & drew their circles, they set up their alter, they clasped the tools ... all in their own mind.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your thoughts on the validity of this method? (and if you do mind me asking, just ignore this post and move on!)

Thanks in advance & Blessed Be
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:27:54 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2012, 07:31:20 PM »

There's nothing at all "wrong" with this method. 

The only problem, and it is a personal one, indeed, to the practitioner...one must have a monumental grasp of EVERYTHING at ALL TIMES so as to not lose focus.  Wait there....FOCUS being likened to a camera, here, for clarity...One can be set for macro or for telephoto.  It takes brobdignagian resolve to FOCUS on the forest AND the TREES at the same instant, for ALL of the "instants" in one's rites.

It can be done, but it AIN'T EASY.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »

The concept of inner focus is all great and well and I'm in awe of those who can do this, but as C_A has stated it takes monumental (I can't spell brobdingnagian) resolve and focus. To my mind you have to be well practiced in your techniques and the requirements of your rituals - or what have you - to be able to do it. Thusly I for one require to equip myself so that each item is that focal part of the procedure, less chance therefore of making a hash up of things. I appreciate that for some there are restrictions that force this to be the case (the younger ones perhaps under parental scrutiny).

Marisol was very clear on the subject for me when I asked the question about my sword shards and I am very greatful to her for putting me right. I certainly wish for all my tools to be made by myself eventually, its more personal to me and has "me" and my own energy instilled in them that way. I shall merely continue with what I can lay hands on until such times as I finally accomplish that goal.

Getting back to Lucifers question, and I think I know where he's going with this; I am given to believe, and I do agree myself, that working with tools and so on in your mind is indeed valid, however The tools in the physical plane are merely the means to focus the energies that come from within. After all its not the tool that casts the will its simply the conduit we use. Furthermore, using the tools may be seen by some as symbolic but if, lets say my sword shards for instance, are marred by previous use, this could interfere with the purity of the ritual being performed.

If I am in error in anything I have said here I welcome correction or discussion
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

cedhawk

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Be careful what you wish cuz u might get it ...
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »

this post make my questions about tools clarified. i can't wait to have a real start. :)
tnx fellas. :)
A living thing cannot always be defined by merely its appearance. Every existence has its own purpose and significance. Without exception, everything is special.

A real wise person uses but few hard words. A smatterer one thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things. :)

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »

this post make my questions about tools clarified. i can't wait to have a real start. :)
tnx fellas. :)

Your very welcome Ced   ;)

DragonsTalon

• Willow
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »

I have considered forging my own athame, or reforging a previously owned one, just seems a bit more work than i currently have the time for
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2012, 01:46:35 AM »

May I direct your attention to an earlier post on this very thread? one page earlier.

cotton cloth.

This was in responce to my own enquiry about making an athame, although mine had a rather dubious history. If you do wish to make your own athame, then you may want to consider your donor materials history before proceeding. Otherwise good luck and be very careful, working with hot metal is really quite involved.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »

May I direct your attention to an earlier post on this very thread? one page earlier.

cotton cloth.

This was in responce to my own enquiry about making an athame, although mine had a rather dubious history. If you do wish to make your own athame, then you may want to consider your donor materials history before proceeding. Otherwise good luck and be very careful, working with hot metal is really quite involved.

I have a dagger (not a athame but I would love for it to be my athame) my uncle gave me. Its beautiful and I'll post a picture of it soon. Thing is, I have no clue the history of it... If it is tainted is there a way to purify it? (Wasn't sure if the first quote meant for new unused athames or both when it came to salt water, etc.)

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:06 AM »

cotton cloth.

WhiteRaven, re-read the post, I've highlighted it for you. The last part of the post is to purify it, this does not erase its history. If you think of it this way you'll see what I mean; if it has drawn blood, then it has drawn blood. You can't UNdraw the blood it has drawn.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »

cotton cloth.

WhiteRaven, re-read the post, I've highlighted it for you. The last part of the post is to purify it, this does not erase its history. If you think of it this way you'll see what I mean; if it has drawn blood, then it has drawn blood. You can't UNdraw the blood it has drawn.

Thank you. :) I don't think that mine probably has drawn blood but I can't be positive. It doesn't feel like it has... If that makes any sense... I have a sword to and another dagger.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 09:41:32 AM »

Well since both my daggers have suddenly disappeared all together from my room I guess it wasn't meant to be... I literally searched every corner and crevice and even the storage building... I'm clueless. My nun chucks are here and my swords here but my daggers are gone. I'll take this as a sign I should start with a new one or create my own within my own time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up