Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 19, 2014, 02:50:43 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making One's Tools?  (Read 6463 times)

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
Re: Making One's Tools?
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »

So, what all needs to be done when making a wand? Cleansing? Consecration? Empowering? Are there rituals required to prepare a wand for its purpose?
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2012, 09:20:35 PM »

The first thing I would do is thank the tree that supplied the wood for the wand (if made out of wood of course).  After your wand is crafted to your liking, then cleansing & consecration are in order.  I do not do an empowerment because you empower the wand every time its used.  There are many rituals used for all of the above.  One I use is to cast the circle as normal and then cleanse the tool with salt water and incense.  I then place the item on my pentacle and consecrate it.  The words used should be your own.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:06 AM »

Thanks. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself. Seems like I need an alert first. Is there a preferred moon phase for cleansing and consecration?
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2012, 08:46:09 AM »

Full moon is the best time for doing any kind of spell work or rits
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

I'd have to disagree there Drac. I would think different types of works would be best done during different moon phases depending on the intent of the work, ie. banishing, new beginnings, re-empowering, etc. At least that's my opinion.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »

I'd have to disagree there Drac. I would think different types of works would be best done during different moon phases depending on the intent of the work, ie. banishing, new beginnings, re-empowering, etc. At least that's my opinion.

Full Moons and New Moons even Eclipses and such have their abilities.

Since your going to do a cleansing it would be Full Moon. Preferably on a clear night. :)

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »

So, Arn, if my alter setup includes salt water to represent the element water, and incense to represent the element air, would I use the same water and incense or separate water and incense dedicated for the cleansing?

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »

My mistake Ed, What I was meaning by that post is that, the full Moon is the strongest phase and thus is a good time for carrying out pretty much any rit (although more associated for rits requiring extra power), whereas the other phases are associated with other forms of magick accordingly. It was a quick answer at the time.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

I guess I'll forgive you Drac...... this time. Lol.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »

I guess I'll forgive you Drac...... this time. Lol.

What a magnanimous gesture!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »

Careful with those big words. Lol.  :-p

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »

So, Arn, if my alter setup includes salt water to represent the element water, and incense to represent the element air, would I use the same water and incense or separate water and incense dedicated for the cleansing?

Its up to you.  Personally, I make a specific incense to use.

RainDancer

• Fir
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:01 PM »

How do you make incense? I'm also wondering about candle making. Also my personal belief on the subject of making your tools is that it brings you closer to it, imbibing a little of your energy along with the process.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt- (attributed) Abraham Lincoln

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »

I make the type you burn on a self lighting charcoal disc.  I just pick the herbs and/or resins I want and crush them very well in a pestle.  I then sprinkle it on a lit disc.  Be very careful using the disc.  Be sure they are on a heat proof censor.  Keep in mind, incense for a lot of rituals are not especially pleasant in fragrance.  Their purpose is not to scent but to help with the ritual.  Whenever possible I add resin to my mixtures.  That helps with the fragrance issue.  :)

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »

Wow, I just spent like fifteen minutes writing a long post on my phone then couldn't post it. I'm so aggravated. It was an awesome post in my opinion. I'll post it tomorrow when I can get to a computer.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up