Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 24, 2014, 02:34:22 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making One's Tools?  (Read 6001 times)

jemimahjane

• Meṁber
  • Fir
Re: Making One's Tools?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »

dark magus:
         think of karma this way: you get into a bar fight with a guy, i mean straight up sucker punch the guy in the gut- question: what would most guys do? answer: hit you right back. that is karma in a nut shell right there for you. top that one dark magus, i dare you!!!!!  :)

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »

Oh lord! Now we're being trolled by a high school teeny bopper.
You don't really know what karma is, do you!

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »

I fail to see where anyone was making fun of another's religion......making fun of sleeping with a gun under the pillow (heard of that in movies/tv/real life).

I gotta ask jemimahjane:

Why So Serious???

***head cocked to the side***
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

jemimahjane

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 02:04:23 PM »

Most of the time I am an easy going person, but judging people and making fun of people just really get under my skin.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 02:07:18 PM »

Can you quote where anyone was making fun of anyone or judging anyone? I see a post that got off topic as usually happens in this forum. Especially once the original topic/question has been answered.........
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

jemimahjane

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »

Check out some of the quotes under the blogs in the death forum. A lot of them happily put down Christianity. It just sorta bugs me.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 02:46:35 PM »

Wiccans are "put down" by Christians ALL THE TIME. And I haven't really seen where ANYONE is putting down Christians in that post. If that is your issue, then it should be put in THAT thread....not this one. Because when you say:

not to sound like a mother hen, but really, you shouldn't make fun of other religions, because of the three fold law, AKA karma. just sayin is all.

and

Most of the time I am an easy going person, but judging people and making fun of people just really get under my skin.

it seems that you are referring to comments made in THIS thread. Not a different one. As far as I've seen, the group here is pretty tolerant of other religions, we agree to disagree about why things are the way we are. The ONLY time there is any heated debate and resorts to name calling is when things are stated without proof or just as a way of antagonizing others. And you seem to be doing a LOT of that on several threads. If people are "judging others" and "making fun" of other religions on THIS thread, then show me some proof. Otherwise, PLEASE keep it to the topic at hand.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »

I am Wiccan.  I hold to the Threefold Law.

I do not hold to Karma or Samsara.  Those are South Asian constructs.  I do not hold to "Political Correctness" as that is a recent construct of the "touchy-feely" modernist philosophy.

I do not believe in the deprecation of religion, ANY religion.  But a joke is a joke is a joke.  There's a BIG difference.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 07:55:41 AM »

Will some one please instruct JJ to stop derailing threads. How many does this one make...5 so far?

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 08:06:11 AM »

I'm calling troll and I'm thinking I know who it is.....

Hi there JJ, how are things in Portland?
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »

Sweet.  I can go back to sleep, then? 
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »

Sweet.  I can go back to sleep, then?

Well no, I was interested in your take on the topic.  Unless you just want to take a nice nap, which I can understand completely as well ;)
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »

It's just that I think I picked up a touch of something from one of our friend's germ monkey....seven year old.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »

It's just that I think I picked up a touch of something from one of our friend's germ monkey....seven year old.

Then I strongly suggest a hot toddy and a nice nap.  Kill the germs with booze, then sleep it off ;)

I so hate when people bring their snotty little kids around me.  I think that is why I do not socialize a lot.  I don't bring my sick teenagers to your house, don't punish me just because you have cabin fever and don't have a sitter!

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »

I'm a whiskey guy.  Well, I was.  Don't touch any of it these days...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up