Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 02, 2014, 04:36:09 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making One's Tools?  (Read 6369 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Making One's Tools?
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

DT , White Raven ; if you do want to make your blade out of metal . Use aluminum or as are friend in The United Kingdom call it al u miniums . Mother tongue my arse . Take a heavy metal rasp to quick form it , tradianlly Anthame are doubleedged . . Remember it does not have to be sharp . I have seen them made from wood to glass , seen blade from 2 inch to 4 feet . It is what you put in it that matters. Mind has a doubleedge blade of 15 inch wire wrappered sterling silvet quillon and pommel and shaveing sharp. Would not sugest you keep it sharp at all , me just old and stupid . A sword is nice but only if you are along and in a big space.

WhiteRaven , do you live alone ? Do you think someone stole your daggers?.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

DragonsTalon

• Willow
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »

I appreciate the advice OG. It has been more than a few years since i last forged anything, i likely will wait until i can obtain a suitable athame.

As far as wands go, an owl left a feather in my yard, a willow tree nearby has generously granted a branch to me.
"you can't always trust what you read on the internet" -- abraham lincoln

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »

WhiteRaven , do you live alone ? Do you think someone stole your daggers?.
If memory serves she lives with her parents who don't particularly want her doing spellwork in their house.
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »

DT , owls are my friends and Totem animal .

Then Lucifer she should enlighten her parents to the truth , don't you think ?

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »

Then Lucifer she should enlighten her parents to the truth , don't you think ?
I'd be the first one telling people why they should convert to Wicca... if it wasn't something that I wasn't supposed to do :-p

Regardless of that, it'd be incredibly difficult to explain to some people what Wicca is because they'd be telling themselves "LA LA LA LA DEVIL!! LA LA LA EVIL!!! LA LA LA LA LA HELLFIRE BRIMSTONE DAMNATION!! LA LA LA LA LA!" in their own heads the entire time that you were talking... instead of listening to the words that you were saying.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:14:09 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 10:38:33 PM »

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU , DID THEY THEN DO BAD THINGS TO YOU ?  DID THEY ( WHO EVER THEY WERE ) TREAT YOU POORLY ?.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:40:06 PM by oldghost »

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »

IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU , DID THEY THEN DO BAD THINGS TO YOU ?  DID THEY ( WHO EVER THEY WERE ) TREAT YOU POORLY ?.
no... they were patient with me, despite my stupidity...

then I decided that I'd rather be patient with people than be quick to anger, because patience and love can change the world...

::edit::
The Mother Goddess is patient and loving... why would she want us to be angry and violent?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:16:55 PM by lucifer »

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 11:58:56 PM »

Luc you are not stupid period nor do I think you have ever been , just because someone said you were does not make it true.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »

Luc you are not stupid period nor do I think you have ever been , just because someone said you were does not make it true.
hmmm... I don't even know what to say to this. Thanks :)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2012, 04:30:55 AM »

hmmm... I don't even know what to say to this. Thanks :)

Is this open to discussion???  :-p :-p :-p :D :D :D  We could start a new thread.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2012, 05:16:42 AM »

You have a good memory Lucifer. :)

Yes I live with my parents. They wouldn't have been able to find the daggers if they'd wanted to. Things I have tend to disappear if I need them. And then maybe a month or year later they show up when I forget about them again. I hope no one took them. One was a old dagger with a leather holder and a wooden handle. The other was a doubled edged dagger with a gold handle and holder and it had old chinese/japanese symbols on it along with some jewels.

I think my mom knows what I'm doing. Shes actually okay with it. Of course shes always been like me, loved candles, roses, animals, etc. My dad probably doesn't care. In his opinion its not any of his business to get into his daughters personal life. I respect him so much for that. I've never had to live with the feeling that I was constantly watched.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »

WhiteRaven be carefull wear you sit . Would not want you to find them by sit on them. If you think you parents no about what you are studying why not speak to them about it ?.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2012, 04:59:26 AM »

WhiteRaven be carefull wear you sit . Would not want you to find them by sit on them. If you think you parents no about what you are studying why not speak to them about it ?.

Would be interseting if I sat on one actually.... I'd be wondering how it got there in the first place. LOL!

I've showed my mom some stuff already. :) Shes fine with it. As long as I'm not endangering anyone shes cool with it.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »

Seems you have and understanding mother.  You should assure her that Witchcraft has nothing to do with the devil , an tell her about the Wiccan Rede that is the main law of Wicca.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »

Seems you have and understanding mother.  You should assure her that Witchcraft has nothing to do with the devil , an tell her about the Wiccan Rede that is the main law of Wicca.

....And possibly explain about the threefold law, which in its own way ensures against the desire to do wrong.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up