Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2014, 02:11:57 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samhain season end?  (Read 497 times)

Blessing

• Elm
  • Credit to Oh! Sweet Witchery!
Samhain season end?
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:52:42 AM »

Hello, all! Brightest blessings. I hope you had a blessed Samhain and are making productive headway on your winter preparations!

I was reading Llwellyn's 2012 Sabbats Almanac and in Fern Feto Spring's Celestial Sway for Samhain, it said, "The New Moon eclipse in Sagittarius on November 25 is the last lunation of the Samhain season." It got me thinking and wondering if there are roundabout "end" times to the different sabbat seasons, if that makes sense. When I first started practicing, I thought that the sabbat season was over after the sabbat was over but then I would read about periods after the sabbat upon which reflection can be done and then I thought perhaps that wasn't the case. The more I reread that article, the more I'd like to ask if perhaps the sabbat season is dependent on the moon, since the article mentions quite a few times that the season ends with the New Moon eclipse. I welcome any and all comments! Thanks for your guidance!
Begin. Keep on beginning. Nibble on everything.

iridescence

• Rowan
Re: Samhain season end?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:07:25 AM »

I pay more attention than I used to to the phases of the moon and such... But I have yet to plan certain things in observance... There are some days I reverance more than others, but they happen without being planned.
Behold the harshness of light, embrace the comfort of darkness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up