Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 29, 2014, 09:03:24 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Chistmas for me to you  (Read 707 times)

dark magus

• Apple
Merry Chistmas for me to you
« on: December 15, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »

Be it Hanukkah, Kwanza, Soya Luna, Yule or Christmas, people through the ages have marked the change in the land with celebrations old and new.
When the harvest or the catch has been stored away to see them through and brought out as needed while the land sleeps.
Families and friends come together and through fellowship, goodwill, and sharing of their bounty this has become to be a season of peace and joy.
For me, thatís what this time of the year is about. Sharing what we can with those less fortunate. Reuniting the bonds of family and friends. Looking forward to a new year, a new season with hope for better days.
With many people it became common to wish their friends well with references to fertility and good health.
And that practise has continued in many forms, including the standard Merry Christmas.

So where ever you may be and upon what ever path you wonder. No matter how you may conceive the divine or the significance of this time of year.

May the road you walk be easy, may your Gods smile upon you and bless you, may you be strong in spirit, mind, and body, and may all the joy this season hold be yours.
So mote it be.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
Re: Merry Chistmas for me to you
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »

Thanks for the thoughts. Honest with all the marketing and hype of their Christmas and no other pagans around me at this time of the year I often find myself thinking "here comes that fat old **bleeper** and his bag full of crap again."....but I do appreciate the thought and have a great Yule (may I also say Eid Mubarrak for any of our Muslim brethren out there.

This one's got something in it for everyone I reckon:
Fairy Tale of New York. I do love The Pogues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0hlbWpa1w&feature=related
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »

Many Thanks DM , may this coming year and all the many more to come bring to you and your family unity, health and a future of peace and love . To all here the same may no harm, illness or tragedy befall any of you .Let us use what we know to enlighten those that can not see their way in the dark,let us be the bearers of the torch of light and reason to the world. Peace and Happiness , Light and Hope shine forth in the times ahead for all . Let none of us look back in sorrow or ill will but forwards in love and carring to all .Oldghost
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »

Be it Hanukkah, Kwanza, Soya Luna, Yule or Christmas, people through the ages have marked the change in the land with celebrations old and new.
When the harvest or the catch has been stored away to see them through and brought out as needed while the land sleeps.
Families and friends come together and through fellowship, goodwill, and sharing of their bounty this has become to be a season of peace and joy.
For me, thatís what this time of the year is about. Sharing what we can with those less fortunate. Reuniting the bonds of family and friends. Looking forward to a new year, a new season with hope for better days.
With many people it became common to wish their friends well with references to fertility and good health.
And that practise has continued in many forms, including the standard Merry Christmas.

So where ever you may be and upon what ever path you wonder. No matter how you may conceive the divine or the significance of this time of year.

May the road you walk be easy, may your Gods smile upon you and bless you, may you be strong in spirit, mind, and body, and may all the joy this season hold be yours.
So mote it be.

Thank you,  And I wish you a good holiday too!  "Happy birth of the S-n!"
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »

So mote it be.

Thanks dm. To you and yours too.  I suppose those grandbabies are making it all exciting and surprise filled for you(as well as costly).

A really lovely American Christian friend sent this to me on Facebook. We cried into our respective wines as we listened to it and sentimentally agreed that really there is no reason why the whole world can't take advantage of this season of good will to actually show some to one another, apart from cussedness on all sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9H9Fi4Qcus

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

SE that song was very special it gave me the sniffles. Things are starting to appear out of thin air..

May all Of you have a wonderful Yule and Merry Christmas without sorrow or pain. Only love and joy for the friends and family that surround you. I'm sending many blessings your way. Hold them
tight for I will be thinking of you.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »

Thank you DM.  That was beautiful.
SE, loved the song.  Kind of makes me think of some of my own family.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Up