Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 24, 2014, 01:25:56 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imbolc  (Read 938 times)

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Imbolc
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »

I attended an Imbolc ritual this weekend and would like to share a bit of it with you.  My life has taken some very different turns over the last couple of years and this spoke to me quite loudly. 

Now is Imbolc, halfway between winter solstice and spring equinox.  We can tell the days are longer.  Winter isn't over, storms still roll in, but the promise of spring is seen as green grass springs up, waterlilies and irises are poking up green spears and the ferns uncurl.  Rosemary, the rose of the sea, is beginning to bloom.  It is traditional to light candles to celebrate the
strengthening sunlight.  We see the days grow longer as the infant sun increases his strength.
  This is the crossroads of the year.  No one knows what twists and turns lie ahead in the year that has just begun to unfold.  The time of growing light belongs to the triple Goddess, whose maiden name is Brigdhe.
  Brigdhe's cross unites the four directions with the other worlds.  The triple Goddess of the crossroads can see where someone has come from as well as where each road may take them.  Because of this, Imbolc is a time for divination, a time to decern and perhaps choose our path for the year ahead.  As we make Brigdhe's cross in this ritual, we ask the Goddess to inspire us as to which path we need to follow in the months ahead.
  We stand at the crossroads of the year where Brigdhe (or for some Hecate) will meet us.  If we ask, she will guide us.
Credit to:
Rose of the Sea Circle - Anja

We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
Re: Imbolc
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:05 PM »

Hello Arnemetia,

The ritual sounds like fun. Did you find any personal clarity about your year ahead? Did you already somewhat anticipate what was revealed?

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

Hello Tresss.  Yes, much was revealed.  Some things I am rather surprised at, others I guess I already knew in my heart what the outcome will be.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 11:30:32 AM »

***[REVIVING OLD THREAD]  8)

I'm asked to set up an altar and talk about Brigid in Feb, b/c imbolc.  just wanted to say that is beautiful and I'm gonna consider it for a reading!  any other ideas are welcome as we celebrate imbolc.  my only other idea was to have each person bring either a poem or craft to share? What do y'all think?
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 03:08:49 PM »

Good idea soulfire , I would add that it would be nice to give something back to the land  . Plant a seed or a flower , small tree somewhere in the woods or a park , some seeds or nut for the forest denizens. Make a bunch of little paper suns and hand them from trees in the area you live in with note of good wishes to all that read them. If you can aford it get a few gift cards to a Mc Donalds or Burger King what evers in your area and give them to some street people .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »

Good idea soulfire , I would add that it would be nice to give something back to the land  . Plant a seed or a flower , small tree somewhere in the woods or a park , some seeds or nut for the forest denizens. Make a bunch of little paper suns and hand them from trees in the area you live in with note of good wishes to all that read them. If you can aford it get a few gift cards to a Mc Donalds or Burger King what evers in your area and give them to some street people .

we do that(plant seeds) at the equinox, usually. DH is a gardener and plants around then so we use seeds fr the garden and plant in the yard when we can. Thanks for the suggestion, OG!

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »

You are most welcome .

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »

At Imbolc last year we also wove a spider web (quite large) and at each Sabbat we each hung a note or trinket (burnable) for whatever need or goal we had.  It was burned at Yule, the ashes sent back into the earth. Thanks was given for those goals or needs met.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »

Hope everyone has a pleasant Imbolc. I will celebrate after midnight tonite as I will be busy tomorrow with my son. I will probably light candles  tomorrow night also to kind of finish off
the holiday. That way I won't draw attention and questions from family. It's just easier to do
things this way in my mom's home. Just think everyday brings us closer to spring. ;)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 01:59:13 PM »

I am so ready for spring this year...

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:54 PM »

meee toooo! And I livein So Cal. but I had a nice imbolc! helped our friend celebrate 50y! watching groundhog day tonight-anything but football! (no offense, just me)

TheGreenWizard

• Pine
  • Which way on the Golden Brick Road shall I go?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »

**Reviving old thread**

So, as a newbie, I have a question: does anyone know what goods, bads, and mehs are for those that are born on Imbolc (such as myself)? I know it alters year to year, but is generally February 1 to 3.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:18:16 AM »

That not a easy one TGW , I believe you need first to get a natal chart done , time , place of birth , what planets where were at that time , Then find and astrologer to tell you the outcome .There are a few people here that do reading but I do not know of one that does charts here . You'll have to see if anyone answers you. Now have not heard of anything special for being born on Imbolc .

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »

My ex would have been able to have done a chart for you, but I am not in contact with her anymore (much to my dismay). As OG says, with that info someone would probably be able to help you further.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 08:58:32 AM »

TGW , put a request in the Divination thread in the official reading request post and see who can help you .
Pages: [1]   Go Up