Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 30, 2014, 06:51:27 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How is sexuality viewed through pagan beliefs?  (Read 5300 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: How is sexuality viewed through pagan beliefs?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »

The Woodpecker pecked on the Chicken house door,
he pecked and he pecked until his pecker was sore.
"Let me in I'm a Rooster "Cock-a doodle doo,"
But he looked all wrong, cuz his pecker was blue.

"Henny Penny, Henny Penny, let me through,
I've got a big juicy worm, and it's just for you
Open up Henny, just do as you're told,
Then sit back down, before your eggs get cold"

"No Mr Woodpecker, lies you speak,
I know what you want, with your big pointy beak,
Up a tree, in a hole, is where you belongs,
singing rattle tattle, rattle tattle Woodpecker songs"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:12:30 PM by Serpentium »
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »

Oooh goody. A poetry thread. I do so like a bit of doggerel.

There once was a sexistfvck Blue
Who had difficulty tying his shoe.
Yet he felt it germane
To keep being a pain.
If you see him, just yell out "SCREW YOU!"

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

I just don't feel that it's my place to judge.

First time for everything eh Blue?

Good to see you're taking notes during the She-Shaman lessons you've been forced to attend.

^ ^ ^

Perfect example of diversity. Now some folks would consider that to be foreplay ! 

Sorry kiddo ...... not my thing and i'm not looking for someone to play with.

I have just learned Blue from bitter experience to use the quote function assiduously in response to any offensive, erroneous or just outright laughable outburst from you.

After all, you have been know to be rather revisionist in your use of the "edit" function, haven't you?

So just to make it quite clear...my limerick was in response you and your appallingly off colour and sexually harassing comment.

I'm afraid there's liable to be a few people here judging you in future Blue.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not make EVERY thread about Blue and any opinions about them? Can we NOT judge others? This post was about an opinion and it has become a bashing session. I'm sure the OP has been scared off because of all this bs infighting. I have stayed away from the whole "us vs. Blue" issue on purpose. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and we should leave it at that. I don't know enough about the issue and I DON'T CARE TO. Keep up with bashing Blue on EVERY thread, and I'm sure MANY of you will find yourselves banned for harassment.

As for the subject proposed, I look at it this way. I am asked to not judge others based on their religion and that should be carried forward into the subject of sexuality. You can't choose who you fall in love with, it is not MY place to determine what is "right" in the eyes of the Goddess. If the person you choose makes you happy and you are within ALL LEGAL guidelines, so mote it be.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:56 PM »

I think we all rather succinctly dealt with the original question posed and even took the trouble of asking the OP for more details on what type of sexuality he/she was talking about and what a pagan's perspective on that might be. We wait of course with baited breath for the OP to return and shall as always endeavour to make our replies to that person not only civil, but pithy and relevant.

And as for "being scared off" by a little gentle ribbing, well I doubt very much that many who use the internet even on a semi regular basis would be traumatised by anything which might occur around them at TCC. Read a youtube thread occasionally and then come back here and tell me this amounts to hazing.

And if Blue had the bollocks to show up on the thread created by the admins in his name so he might face the music for his appalling treatment of many users here, we would not be doing this.

Furthermore, I would hazard a guess that knowing they are on a forum which does not allow sexual harassment to go unchecked and uncommented upon might in fact be a draw card in for desirable new posters and not at all a deterrent to them. For I would suggest that many sincere and devout Wiccans, with a female centred world view would be terribly put off a website which allowed his revisionist, sexist tripe to go unchallenged and uncommented upon.

:-*

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not make EVERY thread about Blue and any opinions about them? Can we NOT judge others? This post was about an opinion and it has become a bashing session.

I have to say I agree with Alyceavary.  Take it to Kiva or leave it alone.  It gets very tiresome having this interjected into otherwise enjoyable threads.  IMHO, its also disrespectful to the OP.

Now to the topic at hand.  Personally, its none of my business.  A persons sexuality is up to them.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »

I have to say I agree with Alyceavary.  Take it to Kiva or leave it alone.  It gets very tiresome having this interjected into otherwise enjoyable threads.  IMHO, its also disrespectful to the OP.

Below is a pictorial representation of what would appear to be an unfortunately and I must say unexpectedly commonplace response to sexual and indeed any kind of harassment directed by men toward women on TCC.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/213/e/b/i_kept_my_mouth_shut_by_Annonce.jpg

Seems Blue has taught a few people here his tawdry little "lessons" rather too well for my tastes.

Oi Khara....hold that door open for me will ya? Where was it you said you were off to?

Come on then girl, I'll buy you a gin and tonic at the Bar.

A bloody big one.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »

I am a freak.  A person's  sexuality is no concern of mine.  Nothing would shock me.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »

I am a freak.  A person's  sexuality is no concern of mine.  Nothing would shock me.
That almost sounds like a challenge.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »

That almost sounds like a challenge.

Some people are just born freaky.  Has anyone seen my handcuffs or cattle prod? 

No challenge unless it's via pm.  We will both end up banned....  :-p

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »

Some people are just born freaky.  Has anyone seen my handcuffs or cattle prod? 

No challenge unless it's via pm.  We will both end up banned....  :-p
Handcuffs? Cattle prods? Standard issue for our Police. Mate, I'm British. We practically invented "Kink". We took every sexual quirk we could find from the Empire, and pimped it out to the rest of the World, while most of it was still kissing the Pope's ring. Sure, De Sade may have been an utter pervert, but Sir Francis Dashwood saw the niche first, and we've been using sexual perversion to manipulate international politiics ever since.

eta; And the Blackmail associated with it, of course.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »

No need to take this PM. Not hard to stay on topic. The biggest common theme in most Religions is their attitude to sexuality, from abstinence to licentiousness. While Abrahamic Religions tend towards repression of sexuality, the paradigm is that Pagan paths generally have some degree of sexuality 'incorporated' within their core philosophies.

The earliest Cave art ever discovered to date was concerned with one particular theme. One not uncommon in Paleoithic art. It depicts people having sex with animals. At this time of our social development, there was no capacity for these artists to paint anything other than what they saw, day to day, and like it or not, it's still a major (If largely covert) theme in most Pagan traditions.

It's also at the root of the subsequent sexual smear campaigns that Abrahamic Faiths have been levelling at Pagans ever since.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »

Thank the gods for the Brits then...

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »

Britain has been a repository for persecuted mystery cultists since before the fall of Troy.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

Y'all do have the best shops for that kind of stuff.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up