Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2014, 03:49:28 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring Equinox  (Read 1140 times)

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
Spring Equinox
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »

March is the month we celebrate Ostara/Spring(Vernal)Equinox. Since the equinox does not fall
on the same day every year, that gives us a little room to make plans. The day before and the
day after may be used. This year the full moon is on the 8th. Ostara/Spring Equinox is on 3/20,
and the new moon falls on 3/22.

Do you have any special plans for Ostara? Or just something small planned? I would be very interested in hearing about what you  will do or won't do.

Blessed be
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

gingerberrycc

• Fir
Re: Spring Equinox
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:38:45 PM »

I've been working on writing my own rituals for each of the Sabbats since I've finally started my "real" BoS. So I'm currently working on a ritual including jellybean "seeds" which will be charged and "planted" inside of myself (eaten).

Of course, I will dye eggs with my boyfriend, make some hot crossed buns, etc. in the coming weeks. I made a spring incense yesterday which I can't wait to use. I'm so ready for Spring (which is unusual for me)!

Pterodactyl Handler

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:19 AM »

I'll be celebrating International Waffle Day on the 25th. It turns out that 3/25 is Int'l Waffle Day because it's 9 months to the day before Christ's birth. So it's a kind of equinox tradition.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »

Oh we're all upside down buggers here. It's the Autumn equinox here and I don't know more than a handful of decent pagans and none of them are nearby. I've got a friend out from New Zealand and I am taking him to spend the night at the Sydney Observatory  on the 8th.
http://www.sydneyobservatory.com.au/

He's a shocking old Fundie atheist but I love him dearly and it's a way to share with him something we will both appreciate in our own ways. He from a scientific kind of bent and I from what I'm sure PH sees as my far more airy fairy perspective.

But it's the sharing that counts, innit? And the spirit in which it's shared?

And if the Big Wet brings with it so much cloud cover that the Observatory is a blow out...well there's plenty of pubs in Sydney where more spirits can be found, I say.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »

Sounds like fun SE.  I hope plan A works out for you.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »

It's not going to. The Big Wet has got soggier still. It hasn't rained here all day - it's poured here all day and night. It's freezing and I have a chest infection which is feeling scarily similar to the pneumonia which felled me the winter before last.

My Kiwi mate is driving up the freeway to see me and we shall be staying home with the gas fire on (in MARCH!) and a bowl of chicken soup.

Wow....big night at my place then.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Edward Collett

• Cypress
  • Pride <3
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 01:03:12 AM »

I hope to have my first solo ritual this Ostara.  The only ones I've done are within groups, and I feel ready to do something on my own.  Where to do it is the question.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:04:00 AM »

I'm the planner for a Ostara ritual with my new age group.  Only two of us in the group are pagan in any way.  The others seem to enjoy the rituals and celebrations, but it is hard to get them really excited or passionate.  They look at me funny when I get misty eyed and choked up when calling and dismissing the Elementals and the Great Goddess to our rite.

I try to do a small spell and an appropriate meditation with each celebration of the Wheel.  This year we will be eating jelly beans with each color representing something in our lives that we wish to grow and florish in the coming year.  Hopefully not our waist lines!
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

gingerberrycc

• Fir
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »

I'm not ususally one to look forward to Spring, but this year I am SO ready! Ostara/Equinox is a great Sabbat to get me in the mood for it. Nothin' like the sugar high you get from all of the chocolate and marshmallow and jellybeans to make you feel like a kid again!

Edward Collett

• Cypress
  • Pride <3
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »

No candy for me 'til my family celebrates Easter. Bleh.

gingerberrycc

• Fir
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »

Well,my Ostara was pretty eventful for me! I ususally am a solitary, but I invited one of my friends to sit in. She asked to bring someone else. I said OK, since I knew this person. Then she asked if we could do it at her store. OK, there's more space. When I get there, there's 2 more ladies sitting in! Wow. The first group ritual that I've facilitated. It was actually pretty great and we have plans to meet again for the Sabbats and Full moons. Awesome "rebirth" of a community which has been difficult to keep together.

Just wanted to share!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »

That's great! you found others to share with! I'm really happy for ya.

Goddess Bless
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 06:51:16 AM »

I spend my March cleaning.  Both physically and spiritually.  I do a good spring clean on my whole house, get rid of anything I don't or haven't used, old clothes and so forth.  Then, once my space is physically clean I do a cleansing ritual thruout the house.  The full monty with black and red candles at every door and window, sage and sweetgrass smudging.  Windows wide open to let out all the bullshit from the winter.

Then on the actual Equinox, I planted my tomaotes and peppers outside in the yard from their planters.  Made a big dinner with lamb and spring veggies, had some ramps and fiddleheads I steamed in a bit of lemon and they were amazing.  Dug the ramps and cut the fiddleheads myself.  It was a great meal.  Then the kids and I do our "new years" objectives.  We write down what we expect to accomplish this year and save it for Yule to see how well we have done.

All in all it was a great spring.  :D
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »

I spend my March cleaning.  Both physically and spiritually.  I do a good spring clean on my whole house, get rid of anything I don't or haven't used, old clothes and so forth.  Then, once my space is physically clean I do a cleansing ritual thruout the house.  The full monty with black and red candles at every door and window, sage and sweetgrass smudging.  Windows wide open to let out all the bullshit from the winter.

Then on the actual Equinox, I planted my tomaotes and peppers outside in the yard from their planters.  Made a big dinner with lamb and spring veggies, had some ramps and fiddleheads I steamed in a bit of lemon and they were amazing.  Dug the ramps and cut the fiddleheads myself.  It was a great meal.  Then the kids and I do our "new years" objectives.  We write down what we expect to accomplish this year and save it for Yule to see how well we have done.

All in all it was a great spring.  :D

Now that sounds like a positive start to the year.

Pages: [1]   Go Up