Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 21, 2014, 04:59:30 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pan  (Read 2182 times)

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: Pan
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Here's a few more thoughts on the Panic. When Pan opens the way for you, it's like a switch has been thrown. (Or it is for me) You are suddenly filled with his current. You become a conduit, like an electrical component, plugged into a vast circuit. If you think of how electricity affects circuitry, then you can attune your resistance appropriately. If a fuse or other component has the wrong rating, there is a build up of resistance, until something gives way. Burns out. The state of Panic represents the current. The Fearô represents electrical resistance. And you are the component that will fry if you 'resist' the flow. Think "conduit" rather than "vessel".

Think of Pan as the switch, opening the way, like a sluice gate opens to let water flow through. You cannot swim upstream in a current like this. You can try if you want, but you don't have to. Your control in this place is arbitrary. An illusion you use that ties you to the mundane world. 

The Fearô is Pan, stripping away the illusion of control. Because this is his place. If you come to his gate, you need to be prepared for the opening. Leave your baggage behind before you try to pass. You can always pick it up again on your way back. Resistance is futile. It will drain you, then crush you. Conduct yourself correctly, and you will be bathed in grace. You will be stood at the fulcrum, the perfect point at the centre of everything. A place where action (karma) releases you from it's compulsion, and allows you to cast off your anchor points. Identity is swiftly carried away, and everything you knew gets smaller and smaller, eventually fading into a tiny pinhole sized point of light. Then, there is nothing. Darkness. A brief but definite ending of consciousness. There is only one word for this state. It's Death. Srsly.

Then everything rushes back, like a tide. But there is nothing here called 'you', or 'I'  yet you are all that there is. You are everywhere and everything. Every blade of grass, every grain of sand. Every forest leaf, every spark of life, all simultaneously lit up with one vast consciousness. There is no sense of identity, because there is no separation between any two parts of this universe.

It was at this point that I saw the Godhead. Pan? Nope. Jehovah? Nuh uh. Apollo? Zeus? Nope. I saw Krishna. His face, beaming down from the sky, like a thousand suns. In a chariot and everything. Love, pumping out from him like a phat, all pervasive Bassline. Only then, did I begin to become a separate Identity again. Reborn, and as innocent as a baby.  Then a tiny little ego  began tagging my surroundings, making new anchor points, and growing a new identity for me. (Because identity is important to mundane existence) But this one was aware of things on a perceptive level previously unknown. it had the same memories and stuff (I presume) as the old, dead one, but it was metaphorically hooked up to the Fat Pipe.

It all gets really existential when you try to set down any epiphany in words. Because sufficient words don't exist yet  to carry such subjective ideas. Words can only echo the experience, but if you're quick, you can tune some part of yourself before the echo fades.

Why Krisna? Because it turned out I was at a Temple of Krisna experiencing all the above. It was Pan who took me there though, made the necessary connections for me. I realise it could just as easily have been any other God / Goddess and been just as valid. I've since then been in enough other Houses and Temples to realise there really is only one ******* (I hesitate to use the word "God" because it carries too much emotional aggregate to convey what I mean) and the masks it wears to show itself are no more than mirrors, reflecting the echoes of the divine inside ourselves.

Maybe. It all gets fuzzy and confusing, because Maya, or illusion rules down here, and she doesn't want us to wake from her dream. Or even to realise it IS a dream. So shhh, go back to sleep. Forget you even saw me, OK? 

Give me the sign of the open eye, and the token erect of thorny thigh,and the world of madness & mystery,to me-to me-to me to-me......
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 04:06:33 PM »

Serpentium

I am in awe of your insight and your ability to commit to words what you bring from deep within yourself.

These words reach inside and touch, nay, stir some thing primal within me. Its like something from the beginning reaching out and awakening some hereditary memory long since forgotten.

I would ask your permission to print these passages? My intention is not to publish, copy or distribute them in any way, but so I can read them as one whole, and to return to it again.

My blessings upon you and your gift.

::Edit; to correct spelling mistake
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

Help yourself Mate. Glad you liked it.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »

:) Muchos Gracias :)

Appreciated
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »

Serpentium;  your just plain good.  I love reading your post as I learn something each time, and importantly something about myself good or bad as it may be.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »

Thanks Serp. I love it when you post about Pan. ;)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

searching

• Meṁber
  • Willow
  • Well behaved women rarely make history
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »

My reading of this feels very well timed. I was just pondering on the choice of a patron god as I still generally pray to the Christian/Abrahamic God that I grew up praying too. I no longer find this fitting considering my leaving of the Christian path. I concur with your explanation of one god with many masks it uses to show itself. After this reading I will definitely be considering Pan as an option. I cant recall who but someone mentioned in response about getting lost in the woods...to paraphrase something I recently heard...Never be afraid to get lost and especially don't be afraid to like it. I think we all, especially myself, could benefit from getting lost in the woods on occasion if only to revel in its beauty and learn something of ourselves by finding our way back again.

Rowanmarie

• Holly
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 10:04:21 PM »

I found this very thought provoking. While have wanting to search pan for a long time and my laziness to do so (shame on me) I really enjoyed this post.
Creativity is the only weapon in the war against reality.
You're not wrong until you say you're right.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »

Pan is a cool guy, and Serp does him so well.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »

Well and good, people. I thought I'd stick my head around the door, see how things are going, and this thread seems to be my most worthy and promising baby at the moment.  I see there have been, as I type this, 620 people having had a poke around in here, one of them being your good self. So, at the risk of sounding nosy, Wassup? What are you looking for in here?

Why, out of all the threads here on Wicca, and Witchcraft, and whatever, are you looking in on this wild and unforgiving place? There's nothing of structure here, no set of directions that might suddenly show you something of this "Wicca" that I hear so much of in this place. I can say with all conviction here, that I don't really buy into Wicca myself. That's not to say there's nothing of any value in it, it's just not my bag, baby. "path".

I know how you all put much emphasis upon paths, so why has your path brought you in here? Is there one of the mysteries that I brought to this thread that intrigues you? Something you think might have some bearing upon your own path? Because if so, then you should take a little pause to define exactly; 

A /What you are seeking here,
B/ Why you think it's in this, least of Wiccan places, and
C/ Whether to proceed any further, or return to the more orthodox parts of this site.

Because one thing is for certain, you'll get no straight answers in here from me. I'm not any kind of Sphinx, riddler, or Priest with answers to your questions. I'm under no oath, vow or geas that compels me to show or tell you anything.

I do have secrets, but you can't make me tell them. Even if I wanted to, I still couldn't tell you any secrets. Note that I say "couldn't", not "wouldn't". If you came here wanting secrets from me, then you clearly don't understand the nature of secrets.

Wicca makes much of it's emphasis on nature, on the nature of things. So how is that going? Are things any clearer since you decided upon Wicca? Do you see the natural order of things any better now? Because I have to say, no religion I ever looked into (and correct me if I'm wrong, but Wicca IS a religion) provided any clarity on our so called nature. In fact, most of them seem to deliberately obfuscate what little understanding of nature people might arrive with.

Pan is sometimes called "Nature's God" and while this is perfectly correct, it also suggests many things that might mislead the unwary, or those labouring under the mappings of religion and it's dogma. Yes, you can see Pan sometimes in the strangest of unexpected places, even in the Holiest places of the Christians, or the Muslims. But you are also just as likely to see him in even those darkest of shrines to human nature, like the ovens of Buchenwald. And I say this because when Pan is understood, and his all encompassing dynamic is evident before you, things really do become incredibly simple.

INCREDIBLE; <Lacking any sign of credibilty, or validity. Defying belief or reason>   

SIMPLE; <Lacking complexity, basic, or primary in a form that builds upon itself to make structures of greater diversity>

Try thinking of him as "God's Nature" instead. It's just as much his dynamic as any other. He has other names and forms for other cultures as well, but the Arcadian Pan is his most puissant and complete form.

I brought Pan to this thread in a functionary or practical form for a reason. Yes, he is an extremely powerful and cthonic archetype, more terrible and awful than any Sumerian Demon God, like Ba'al, or Moloch, who are just facets of his all-ness. Those facets tend to inspire men into worship, simply because they see part of their own divinity there. And that's not any reason to bring Pan into anything.

That isn't Pan's function. If you want a God to worship, then go and pick one of the other ones. There are enough of them out there demanding your worship and fealty, pick one of them, if you would come to  k no w  Gods.

Pan's useful and practical function, the one that I invoked aspect of in this thread, is as an opener, or a remover of obstacles. A clearing of the way, or Gatekeeper, Ward, or Guard, so in this aspect, he may also be Papa Legba, or Lord Ganeshi. Or even the Angel set to guard Eden from us re-entering, with his fiery sword. Any keeper of a boundary, there is Pan.

I shall now leave you with a nod towards that most obvious and easiest of boundary markers, and one that has always been close to the Arcadian ideal of Pan.

You still find them around the places that we grow and cultivate our food, and beyond them, is the Wild. The unworked raw stuff of this nature we were discussing. So if you have an idea what I mean, then by all means, drop it here, and I'll be back in a day or two. Or ten. Or even a year. But iI will be back here with more starry wisdom at some point, I promise, 'kay?

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »

I'll be back.

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 04:44:21 AM »

Serpentium
   I have and do enjoy your posting's  You might not come out and answer any questions, but your posting i have found thought provoking; and worthy of research.  So my reason for being here is to read what new you have posted; not for inspiration, not to be lead down any path, or to follow one, but for the knowledge. but more simply put cause I enjoy reading your post's.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 06:00:08 AM »

I would go along with Theyd's post. I feel if someone is prepared to put so much thought into their writing, then it should be at the very least rewarded by the reading and due appreciation of the work. You have a great talent my friend and I too enjoy reading your musings.

You may feel that what you write gives no answers, but it does open the mind and poses interesting points to mull over.

Thank you again.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »

Serp who doesn't wonder what is beyond the tree line and want to wander in the wild perchance
to meet all that is there without fear. This is a difficult task to overcome the fear that Pan can
cause us to feel, but once past this we survive by grace. I have experienced grace in the brightness of the sun rise and the cool stillness of night.

It is said still that Pan died long ago. But that is not so. He still survives in the wild that is left. He
is still the hunter, the teacher of shepards, the caretaker of all that live in the wild. The maker
of music, lover of beauty, and terrifying foe.

Your writing of your experience with Pan and the fear he represents inspires us all. To know
anothers experiences gives hope.

You know I adore your writing dearest. I would hear more if you choose to continue.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:31:13 PM by marisol »

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »

Serp who doesn't wonder what is beyond the tree line and want to wander in the wild perchance
to meet all that is there without fear. This is a difficult task to overcome the fear that Pan can
cause us to feel, but once past this we survive by grace. I have experienced grace in the brightness of the sun rise and the cool stillness of night.

It is said still that Pan died long ago. But that is not so. He still survives in the wild that is left. He
is still the hunter, the teacher of shepards, the caretaker of all that live in the wild. The maker
of music, lover of beauty, and terrifying foe. Is he not all that we fear and sometimes want?

Your writing of your experience with Pan and the fear he represents inspires us all. To know
anothers experiences gives hope.

You know I adore your writing dearest. I would hear more if you choose to continue.
  Sentence added
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:49:27 AM by marisol »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up