Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 01, 2014, 04:25:31 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What connection do crows have with me?  (Read 2125 times)

cradith

• Meṁber
  • Alder
What connection do crows have with me?
« on: March 10, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »

Two weeks ago a crow flew by me and then 2 days later receive worrying news abut my grandmother. Who is fine now. I have had crows show up a few times in the past year and then a few days later some thing changes in my life not always bad things.   Just before my husband got his new job I saw one, also before my son received his diagnoses the same thing. At first I just thought it was coincidence but now with the latest incident I am not so sure.    I have always have had  a fascination with the Morrighan, I know crows are connected with her.

I truly believe things happen for a reason, I am just trying to understand why crows.  I own cats and love windy days.

dark magus

• Apple
Re: What connection do crows have with me?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »

It's been believed for hundreds of years that crows are the harbingers of doom, bearers of illtidings and the bringers of sorrow.

I read some place once that crow may be the descendants of the Pterodactyl. So when they are sitting on top of that telephone pole watching you....they are really trying to figure out how to knock you down and eat you!

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »

Oh har, har.   :D

There is a family of crows that lives in a tree near my house.  They are always squaking at me.  I have no idea what they want or what they are trying to say.  I have had people tell me that I need to listen to what they have to say.  Being as I don't speak crow, I haven't get figured it out.

Also... There are always robins hopping about my yard.  Then there are the wasps behind the shutters and lady bugs on my porch.  How am I to know what animal or insect or bug is a messenger and which is not?  When someone figures it out, please let me know.

Sorry I can't help you out, Cradith.  I don't mean to be rude.  I just don't understand how people know the stuff they claim to know about animal totems and spirits and messengers.  I am not saying these things are not for real, but that I don't have a clue.
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »

Oh good grief. If crows are always harbingers of doom I'm in trouble. I have an actual murder of crows resident in my garden. I hand feed the buggers.

Hey! Maybe that's the trick. Make friends with them. They're incredibly intelligent birds and they tame up really well.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:33:51 PM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »

PG - If there's one with a Western Union cap, knocking on the door and holding out a telegram...you've got a messenger on your hands.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »

PG - If there's one with a Western Union cap, knocking on the door and holding out a telegram...you've got a messenger on your hands.

Thanks.  I'll keep an eye out.   :D   :D
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:20:46 PM »

Read the second part of my post kids.....maybe they have "other plans" for you.   ::)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:27:22 AM »

lmao.....I think with funnel web spiders, Taipan snakes and white pointer sharks, there's a site more critters  on this sunbaked rock I live on for me to worry about than me crows...but thanks for the heads up. I won't turn me back on the buggers!

cradith

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »

Thanks guys.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 07:27:24 AM »

Native Americans belive that crows are messengers between the realms.  Many shamans have crows as their spirit guides.  Because they are said to bring messages from the dead, they have, incorrectly, been associated more with death than anything.  That is wrong, crows are messengers only. 

Crows are very often seen as totem animals.

Because they are scavengers, they are often seen in a negative light, however, they are actually very intelligent and attractive birds.  In Eartha's case, I would chance a guess that her murder of crows is actually a protection someone has given her.

It is not uncommon, as dm said, for people to see crows before a significant event in their lives.  I would suggest you look into totem animals and see what you can find that relates to you.

The crow is my right hand totem, I see them all the time.  In fact, more than once my family has known there was a problem with me because they've suddenly been surrounded by crows out of nowhere. 
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

blue

• Birch
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »

I like having the crows around and tend to view them as being sentinels or watchers. Sort of like an early warning system when something is approaching. If you listen attentively to the tone and inflection of their caws you can get a sense of what they're talking about after awhile. Sometimes it's a food source and other times a larger animal moving through the woods nearby. You can even tell about where it is and what direction it's moving in.

The best part is the "crow congress" when they all convene in one place at the end of the day and let go with one helluva racket before settling in. It's really something to witness on that rare occasion when you might be nearby.

They're early risers too. No need for an alarm clock with those guys around. I just leave the bedroom window open and their chatter gets me up in time for work everyday.

It's hard to feature them as being evil or harbingers of doom unless there's a big hungry predator heading in your direction.  ;D

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 06:43:33 AM »

I might have said this on the forum elsewhere, but one morning I saw three crows dive bomb a hawk that took refuge in a tree.  One of the crows flew off and returned with another crow to help with the attack.  I was seriously impressed.

I don't know what happened in the end as I couldn't stand out in the yard all day watching.  I would have liked to though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:44:30 AM by The Pet Goddess »

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »

I had to rescue a tawny frogmouth from my lot one day. I was v cross with them.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »

The best part is the "crow congress" when they all convene in one place at the end of the day and let go with one helluva racket before settling in. It's really something to witness on that rare occasion when you might be nearby.

Interesting... a murder of crows engaged in a congress...
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »

Must be republicans!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up