Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 02, 2014, 09:36:18 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jupiter & Venus  (Read 4730 times)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Jupiter & Venus
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »

I'm asking everyone to stop with all the whore talk.  I hate that word for my own reasons.  Any more posts that include the word will be edited or deleted itt.

tresss you owe the op a big apology for thread jacking.  Please be sure that he gets it.  I will be very unhappy if he doesn't. 

PG you disappoint me defending this drivel.  You're a woman and that word should offend you.  You can't make up definitions on your own and expect everyone to be ok with it because it is just your opinion.  If that is the case then you won't mind me calling all women on the boards c**** because i have defined that word as being filled with virtue.  It doesn't matter that most of the world considers it one of the most vile words on the planet, does it?

Seriously, no more whore talk.  I despise the word and I have seen it enough itt to last me a long time.  I really would appreciate it.  Let me thank you in advance for your cooperation.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »

I'm asking everyone to stop with all the whore talk.  I hate that word for my own reasons.  Any more posts that include the word will be edited or deleted itt.

tresss you owe the op a big apology for thread jacking.  Please be sure that he gets it.  I will be very unhappy if he doesn't. 

PG you disappoint me defending this drivel.  You're a woman and that word should offend you.  You can't make up definitions on your own and expect everyone to be ok with it because it is just your opinion.  If that is the case then you won't mind me calling all women on the boards c**** because i have defined that word as being filled with virtue.  It doesn't matter that most of the world considers it one of the most vile words on the planet, does it?

Seriously, no more whore talk.  I despise the word and I have seen it enough itt to last me a long time.  I really would appreciate it.  Let me thank you in advance for your cooperation.

We need better emotes on this site.

A nice big standing ovation one for instance would be handy right about now.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »

We need better emotes on this site.

A nice big standing ovation one for instance would be handy right about now.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 06:03:03 AM »

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's good, innee??

Here's a song for him then, since ovations are a bit thin on the ground:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWRK0Prfpv8

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 08:02:39 AM »

And another perfect example of when I go into kindergarten details to prove my point no one can say a fvcking word, yet an apology would be demanded of me.

Nice! 

But I'm the big old bad meanie from hell......  that explains everything.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »

Amazing... people demanding respect, and then shoveling out vitriol like it was banana pudding... great dialogue.  I imagine If I really expressed my own views they'd be treated the same way; 

Bottom line:  if you want respect you must give respect.  Failing that, you're left with very little sympathy, or credibility.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 08:38:17 AM »

Amazing... people demanding respect, and then shoveling out vitriol like it was banana pudding... great dialogue.  I imagine If I really expressed my own views they'd be treated the same way; 

Bottom line:  if you want respect you must give respect.  Failing that, you're left with very little sympathy, or credibility.

Ok then.  No worries mate.
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:56 AM »

Why aren't Tresss and PG defending their opinions?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:23:21 AM by marisol »
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:34 AM »

Ok then.  No worries mate.

Thanks... sincerely appreciated... ;)
~Thomas Paine

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 09:10:24 AM »

Thanks... sincerely appreciated... ;)

Not sure what you appreciate, I took your comment as directed towards me.  I'm the one always accused of being so mean and nasty and disrespectful....

I was simply letting you know if that's how you feel I won't bother.  I don't demand respect, however, I think I have every right to expect common courtesy. 

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

Why aren't Tresss and PG defending their opinoins?

Please explain to me why I need to defend anything I say here.  I express my opinions and try to explain the thinking and reasoning behind my opinions. 

@EBS:  I disappoint you?  I should feel offended?  There are those that would castrate you for holding some of the opinions you hold dear sir.   

Did it ever occur to anyone that there may be an agenda behind the behavior of some folks on this forum?  Opinions are attacked and when explanations or clarifications are given to explain the opinion, they are often ignored.  Why?  Could the bottom line be that making TCC a very unpleasant place to be by attacking others will discourage membership and posting?  There are more than one way to bring a forum to it's knees.  Think about it.
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »

Is that a threat or your opinion? Where is your friend Tresss? Did he fly away ?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »

Please explain to me why I need to defend anything I say here.  I express my opinions and try to explain the thinking and reasoning behind my opinions. 

I am forced to defend myself with almost every post I make outside of classes.  You have, more than once, gotten quite nasty with me for no reason.  Or on someoneís side because you feel you need to take over the defender aspect here.  Yet, if you actually take the time to read what I have written, Iím usually, while straight forward and blunt, not attacking anyone. 

Did it ever occur to anyone that there may be an agenda behind the behavior of some folks on this forum?  Opinions are attacked and when explanations or clarifications are given to explain the opinion, they are often ignored.  Why?  Could the bottom line be that making TCC a very unpleasant place to be by attacking others will discourage membership and posting?  There are more than one way to bring a forum to it's knees.  Think about it.

So, Iím calling you on this.  You want to make such accusations without giving names, name names.  You seem to know so much more about what is going on than I, or anyone else here seems to.  In fact, saying things like this puts you in the hot seat as one who is stirring the shit. 

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »

Not sure what you appreciate, I took your comment as directed towards me.  I'm the one always accused of being so mean and nasty and disrespectful....

I was simply letting you know if that's how you feel I won't bother.  I don't demand respect, however, I think I have every right to expect common courtesy.

My statement was exactly what it seemed; I meant that I appreciated your response.  I'm not accusing anybody of anything, merely making an observation. 

You and everyone else has every right to expect common courtesy if you offer it in return.  I don't think you're mean or nasty, and you're rarely disrespectful... generally, I think you're delightful. 

I just think everyone needs to tone it down a little bit... otherwise there's no communication and without communication, what's the point?
~Thomas Paine

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »

I'm just tired of beating a dead horse. I've said the same thing 20 different ways in 2 posts now. Tresss opened a topic to ask WHY we feel the way we feel about the Goddess aspect and how we refer to Her and WHY we refer to Her a specific way. I gave several explanations and answered said questions. Saw this post about something HUGELY ENLIGHTENING for me, (I would like to look in the sky and know what planet I was seeing, or what constellation I'm seeing) and found again the issue being brought up that I STILL don't feel was appropriate to bring up in THIS thread. I simply reminded that SOME people (myself included) would be offended by certain terms and their connotation. I was then attacked and told to explain why I ask for others' feelings to be taken into account.

Quite honestly, I am SICK AND TIRED of people being attacked for ANYTHING!!! Discussion is fine, but when you ask a question and it is answered, why do some feel the need to continue poking/prodding/instigating? It's like there are people here (new AND old) that only want to cause fights and instigate shit. I'm sick of it. I have enough issues living in this area of being preached to on a daily basis. I come here to find people of my same religion and mindset to discuss and learn. Heated debate is fine, but when a few people CONSTANTLY belittle others or push others around, it's infuriating. Enough of the politics and the "I'm better than you because........" bullshit. I am in college too, I am a single mom and I'm trying VERY hard to get ahead and back on my feet. I don't want rainbows and sunshine all the time, but is it REALLY that much to ask for ADULTS to calmly discuss and agree to disagree? I don't agree with the terminology used by Tresss, but understand and respect that it is an opinion and the way one person views the world.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up