Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 21, 2014, 07:52:12 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jupiter & Venus  (Read 5622 times)

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
Re: Jupiter & Venus
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2012, 10:45:38 AM »

Quote from: Scorched Eartha
We need better emotes on this site.

A nice big standing ovation one for instance would be handy right about now.

Indeed, we do and indeed it would because....

Quite honestly, I am SICK AND TIRED of people being attacked for ANYTHING!!! Discussion is fine, but when you ask a question and it is answered, why do some feel the need to continue poking/prodding/instigating? It's like there are people here (new AND old) that only want to cause fights and instigate shit. I'm sick of it. I have enough issues living in this area of being preached to on a daily basis. I come here to find people of my same religion and mindset to discuss and learn. Heated debate is fine, but when a few people CONSTANTLY belittle others or push others around, it's infuriating. Enough of the politics and the "I'm better than you because........" bullshit. I am in college too, I am a single mom and I'm trying VERY hard to get ahead and back on my feet. I don't want rainbows and sunshine all the time, but is it REALLY that much to ask for ADULTS to calmly discuss and agree to disagree? I don't agree with the terminology used by Tresss, but understand and respect that it is an opinion and the way one person views the world.

Deserves one as well.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:46:39 AM by C_A »
And as for me, and as for me...I made my mind up, back in Chelsea - When I go, I'm going like Elsie!

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »

Please explain to me why I need to defend anything I say here.  I express my opinions and try to explain the thinking and reasoning behind my opinions. 

@EBS:  I disappoint you?  I should feel offended?  There are those that would castrate you for holding some of the opinions you hold dear sir.   

Did it ever occur to anyone that there may be an agenda behind the behavior of some folks on this forum?  Opinions are attacked and when explanations or clarifications are given to explain the opinion, they are often ignored.  Why?  Could the bottom line be that making TCC a very unpleasant place to be by attacking others will discourage membership and posting?  There are more than one way to bring a forum to it's knees.  Think about it.

I don't know what you're implying. Or about whom you are implying it. But the bolded text sounds both derogatory and accusatory.

It might be a bit more honest of you to clarify a few things. So that "some folks" are able to answer your nasty little insinuations.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »

Things are getting pretty snarky... time to tone it down a bit... please?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 03:12:30 PM »

I wont lose any sleep over it.   Those particular opinions I think you are reffering to will never change either.   It musta been my upbringing.  I was just surprised about your reaction itt is all.  No harm.   No foul.

I've never seen you so vocal over someone who you supposedly just met and being a woman am surprised you would defend the position to begin with.  If you would like to discuss my castration or that situuation, it will have to be via pm.  Ok?  I got no beef with you.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »

I got no beef with you.

None here either, EBS.   :-*
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 03:02:18 AM »

Things are getting pretty snarky... time to tone it down a bit... please?

So an accusation of some seriousness can be cast and at that point we who may or may not have been included in the accusation - couched so vaguely that we don't know for sure to whom it was addressed - are meant to take it off public view to get it redressed is that right?

So the accusation stays in sight and any reply we have made to it never gets een apart from the person who was allowed to air her nasty little mind out loud?

And she isn't taken to task about it??

OK fine. I have responded in PM. I was far from polite. If I am to be left to defend myself and my friends from unjust, unfounded and untrue accusations, I shall take no prisoners in the doing of it.

Apparently manners and common courtesy aren't expected here except toward those of an esp sensitive nature - so what does it matter how terse I was, right?

btw: Tress stinks to me of a plant.

Just sayin'.

And btw: PG seems v fond of a new member suddenly. V keen and quick to defend and play forum kissy with.

I am wondering if there might not be some unholy trinity type alliance with some folks on the forum who can't fight their own battles.

The standards for this thread have been set...vague and baseless accusations may be cast publicly but only answered in private...So - sauce for the goose I reckon.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 03:37:15 AM »

People...Chill. The. Freak. Out.

Seriously. I'm starting to get annoyed and that's saying a hell of a lot.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Period.  If you can't discuss why you don't agree politely, then keep it to yourself until you can.

This isn't directed toward any particular person because honestly I can't remember who said what.  Enough with the rudeness and the accusations of accusations and conspiracy theories.  It's all BS and you all know it.  Now I'm not a mod, but I sympathize with their position and notice that lately they're basically having to play nanny to a bunch of quarrelsome children, and I can understand why they're getting a bit irritated.  I would have shut this thread down myself because instead of honest and open discussion it has descended into a hostile shouting match, and that's just not acceptable.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2012, 04:10:00 AM »

Seems as of late every time someone starts a thread it degenerates into an insulting match . Once a thread is started it should be on that subject only .

If people want to fight and insult each other the mods and elder should start ( with rule of conduct at lease in language ) a have at it thread .

When I first joined years ago members that broke the rules where put into TU for far less then what is happening now . So when were the rule of conduct changed .

If someone feels offended let them take them to a have at it thread , and what happens there stays there.

Coming on mods and elders let cut out the crap in the normal threads . If things keep up the way they are going people will pick side and will have a civil war here and that will not be good for this site .

If you don't have the guts to backup or answer your insults then IMO "FOAD"        oldghost

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2012, 04:11:50 AM »

People...Chill. The. Freak. Out.

Seriously. I'm starting to get annoyed and that's saying a hell of a lot.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Period.  If you can't discuss why you don't agree politely, then keep it to yourself until you can.

This isn't directed toward any particular person because honestly I can't remember who said what.  Enough with the rudeness and the accusations of accusations and conspiracy theories.  It's all BS and you all know it.  Now I'm not a mod, but I sympathize with their position and notice that lately they're basically having to play nanny to a bunch of quarrelsome children, and I can understand why they're getting a bit irritated.  I would have shut this thread down myself because instead of honest and open discussion it has descended into a hostile shouting match, and that's just not acceptable.

65 posts and you seem to feel you get to lay down the law to others here do you?

Hmmmmm... let me tell you something.

I responded in kind to a gross insult made publicly. No censure from any official was levelled against the accuser for having cast her unfounded slurs. I do not and will not ever apologise for having taken her to task on that. Not to PG, not to the mods and certainly not to you.

I don't give a rat's whatsit if you're "getting annoyed." 

I don't like what's happening here either and I feel I have a perfect right to say so, as it appears to me that I was one of those being defamed.
I do not believe that you were. Therefore it's kind of "none of your freakin' business."

If you don't like what's happening here, read another thread.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:49 AM »

Thank you for addressing me personally, Scorched Eartha.  I feel honored to be the current focus of your ire.

I don't really care what you think is my business.  I am a member of this board, just as you are, and I am quite exasperated with every discussion turning into a pissing match.

I also don't care what your opinion of my post count is.  I don't make a habit of responding to everything I read, which is pretty much every thread. I have noticed however that you seem to make a habit of responding in threads in ways that are retaliatory and meant to incite others into open hostility.  It's not intellectual discussion, its basically diarrhea of the keyboard.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2012, 05:41:11 AM »

Thank you for addressing me personally, Scorched Eartha.  I feel honored to be the current focus of your ire.

I don't really care what you think is my business.  I am a member of this board, just as you are, and I am quite exasperated with every discussion turning into a pissing match.

I also don't care what your opinion of my post count is.  I don't make a habit of responding to everything I read, which is pretty much every thread. I have noticed however that you seem to make a habit of responding in threads in ways that are retaliatory and meant to incite others into open hostility.  It's not intellectual discussion, its basically diarrhea of the keyboard.

Nice to see you so keen to heed the advice you're quick to hand out:

Calm the fvck down you said. But it's a bit different when the boot's on the other foot and someone snarks at you isn't it? Then you're quite convinced you've a right to lock horns.No matter how unpleasant observers might find it.

Well yes, you do in fact have the right. And unlike Blue or Tresss you have the guts to actually do it, rather than hide behind PG's skirts.  Not nice to be called out is it? The urge to defend oneself is kind of a basic human instinct when it happens is it not? 

Now maybe you know how I felt when PG did it to me and my friends. And maybe you have some more insight now into why I reacted as I did.

I still stand by what I said btw - in every post here. PG made an unconscionable attack in veiled and insinuating terms on a number of unnamed members and wasn't chided for it by anyone official. She did  this in the process of defending someone who has made little or no positive contribution to these boards and who hasn't had the bollocks to come back and smell the shit he stirred.

So I chided her. You stuck your oar on and told me to shut up. And I informed you I felt you had no position to be telling me or anyone else what to do. Now you've told me that you think I'm a snarky bitch.

You're a good judge of character. I am a snarky bitch.

I am also someone who has made a consistent and (I have been told by several of the mods here in the last few weeks) a high quality contribution to this board for over a year now.

But if, as another long term member here said to me earlier, they want to encourage the dead weight to stay at the expense of those whose posts actually keep the forum vital and active, then let them have just that.

All I know is that the last time their inaction against anyone who felt free to insult the fvck out of me, Khara and Marisol led to a mass walk off, these boards were as silent as the grave.

You would have little to read without the likes of us troublemakers. Something to think on that is.

I hope Tresss's pearls of wisdom about why he feels it's ok to talk about whore goddesses - pearls copied straight from  from his Seattle based new age cult I am sure; Blue's riveting recitations of the minuatae of the last retaining wall he built and PG's rambling re-tellings of her Reiki mastership keep all of you ganting for more.

Furthermore, I hope that dynamic will draw in many like minded new posters keen as mustard to slake their thirst for knowledge in the font of TCC's wisdom.

But I seriously doubt it.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2012, 05:54:11 AM »

SE  BRAVO BRAVO

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »

I was just responding, quite mildly actually, to your snarky comments directly aimed at me.

None of my comments in this thread prior were made directly at you or about you personally, and if you too them to be so, then maybe you need to examine the reason why.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »

I was just responding, quite mildly actually, to your snarky comments directly aimed at me.

None of my comments in this thread prior were made directly at you or about you personally, and if you too them to be so, then maybe you need to examine the reason why.

Where in my post did I say your first post was aimed directly at me? It was however including me in the broad brush of condemnation and censure -  and your second was a direct response to me and far from mild mannered.

I took no offence at anything you said in either post. I took issue with it. There are subtle but important differences involved in taking offence and taking issue. I took offence to the implication that I or anyone I know would conspire to undermine this board. PG made that insinuation. She made it nastily, sneakily and without any evidence or argument to back it up obviously or she would have replied to the thread or the PM when challenged to do so.

You told everyone on this thread who was having a go to shut up. I was one of those having a go. Therefore your post did address me. It may not have been  addressed me exclusively but it certainly concerned me and my actions ITT. 

I  fail to see where I implied that I thought it had been exclusively aimed at me. But I, unlike PG, can only speak for myself. She apparently can speak for all of those who have clashed with me. So I responded...to her and to you - on behalf of myself. I know for a fact both Khara and Marisol are more than able to respond on their own behalf when they have the time and or the inclination to do so.

I did not wish to shut up. I told you so. I still do not wish to shut up. And I am telling you so again.

As you said...you're not a Mod. Object away to what I say - but you're quite right about one thing at least - you have no authority whatsoever to lord over me and thus I really do need to tell you that you'll be pissing in the wind.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 08:06:02 AM »

By the way...what part of the bolded passage do you consider "quite mild really" and hey I bet you're fun to run into at a pub if that bit is it.

and btw ...you spelled diarrhoea wrong...just sayin'. If you're going to tell me I'm full of shit, learn to spell it properly at least.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up