Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 01, 2014, 07:26:25 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How do YOU embody your goddess/god in the day-to-day?  (Read 1539 times)

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
How do YOU embody your goddess/god in the day-to-day?
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »

I'm curious as to how you all embody and take on your God personality in your day-to-day. How do you identify with them?

I have a Goddess with 2 main forms (Maiden & Harlot). Recently I have been observing the weather (And everything really) and seeing how my Goddess has an external life in Nature.
So for example, today is quite bright but cloudy. It is also a season for new beginnings. So I visualized and felt (And became) more the Maiden Goddess. I predominantly associate fine light with the Virgin, and cloudyness with the Whore. They really do complement each other beautifully though. I was able to harmonize with nature as a light, bright, but breezy and wistful Goddess. :-)
Each day though brings something new. I hope you can share some of your day-to-day, supra-mundane God/Goddess experiences here. ;-)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: How do YOU embody your goddess/god in the day-to-day?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »

I believe that the Lord and Lady reside in me, so They are always with me.  I see Them in all living things.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 05:48:50 AM »

I believe that the Lord and Lady reside in me, so They are always with me.  I see Them in all living things.

Oh okay. So you don't tend to get creative with inspiration..? You just accept a sort of 'total' presence everywhere. I do too, but also seek personal and specific presences in the manifest. 

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:12 AM »

You might seek but do you find ?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »

Here is the thing.  You are well aware that you hit nerves with people every single time you refer to the Goddess as a whore yet you persist in doing so.  It makes it very difficult to even want to reply in a decent manner because you've already irritated people with your post.

You are basically alone in your thoughts on the Goddess in that aspect here.  You have alienated many of the women (not all) here with those ideas because we find it insulting and degrading.

I am more than willing to try and have a conversation with you, however, when you start almost everything calling the Goddess a whore it tends to ruin the whole idea.

You have been asked to stop doing this, yet you persist in doing so in almost every thread you post in.  Are you trying to stir the shit here and cause problems?

I'm very curious, what pantheon do you ascribe too?  What is the name of your whore goddess?
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

Here is the thing.  You are well aware that you hit nerves with people every single time you refer to the Goddess as a whore yet you persist in doing so.  It makes it very difficult to even want to reply in a decent manner because you've already irritated people with your post.

You are basically alone in your thoughts on the Goddess in that aspect here.  You have alienated many of the women (not all) here with those ideas because we find it insulting and degrading.

I am more than willing to try and have a conversation with you, however, when you start almost everything calling the Goddess a whore it tends to ruin the whole idea.

You have been asked to stop doing this, yet you persist in doing so in almost every thread you post in.  Are you trying to stir the shit here and cause problems?

I'm very curious, what pantheon do you ascribe too?  What is the name of your whore goddess?

Good question... it may add some clarity to the discussion... ;)
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 11:23:57 AM »

He probably won't respond.Just go to another thread.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »

He probably won't respond.Just go to another thread.

Well... I'll wait; got the rest of my life... *LOL*
~Thomas Paine

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »

It's funny...the way you describe, in your interpretation of my words. Your descriptions utilize the negative connotation of the word whore, because that's what it means to you (And to be fair, most people). I don't use it like an epithet. I accept that everything, every word has a positive or negative aspect to it. Even 'virgin' to me has a negative dimension (Negative as in, destructive or stifling development of life). How many of you explore that 'virgin' might not always embody the good and the just..?

I don't know what exactly a pantheon is, but I don't assign names such as 'Gemma' or 'Michelle', or even 'Artemis'.
She has a presence everywhere. The Virgin (Not specifically Mary) is the laws of the cosmos, and the individual character of things. The Whore is the embodiment of chaos and dissolution. Humans are also capable of creating rules as a result. Sometimes humans get carried away with rules, and stifle a people. This is when disruption is required to break such dogma. So the relationship is something like this.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »

It's funny...the way you describe, in your interpretation of my words. Your descriptions utilize the negative connotation of the word whore, because that's what it means to you (And to be fair, most people). I don't use it like an epithet. I accept that everything, every word has a positive or negative aspect to it. Even 'virgin' to me has a negative dimension (Negative as in, destructive or stifling development of life). How many of you explore that 'virgin' might not always embody the good and the just..?

I don't know what exactly a pantheon is, but I don't assign names such as 'Gemma' or 'Michelle', or even 'Artemis'.
She has a presence everywhere. The Virgin (Not specifically Mary) is the laws of the cosmos, and the individual character of things. The Whore is the embodiment of chaos and dissolution. Humans are also capable of creating rules as a result. Sometimes humans get carried away with rules, and stifle a people. This is when disruption is required to break such dogma. So the relationship is something like this.
That sounds like a discordian concept. And your description of your goddess sounds like Eros.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 08:14:11 AM by dark magus »

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »

That sounds like a discordian concept. And your description of your goddess sounds like Eros.

Yeah, Eros. :-) Sounds about right.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »

No try TROLL!

Crappy using my real name but you know, I don't expect any better.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

tresss

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »

Read a bit about Discordianism. Sounds interesting. Some bits really resonate with me. Above all my Goddess is 'The Player'. I've been mentally stating this for a while now. Perception is reality; what we usually call reality is completely subjective.

Cheers,

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »

Eros... or Eris?  TROLL sounds accurate as well... just sayin'
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:05:44 AM by Firesong »
~Thomas Paine

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »

Yeah I hit the "o" which is beside the "i" lol.  However, thinking about it.....the story of Eros and Psyche is a real soap opera unto itself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up