Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 21, 2014, 03:08:31 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the language of other countries a big matter in Wicca ???  (Read 645 times)

thevoicesofheartie

• Fir
  • Everything happens for a reason .
Is the language of other countries a big matter in Wicca ???
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »

Hi guys ! I'm newbie and I always wonder if language is a big matter in Wicca ?

Example : I'm Vietnamese and I had found a good spell in English,  I've done all the rituals correctly ! But I read an incantation in English  . Does it work while I'm not American or British or native English speaker ? 

The same question for all the language !

Do I have to translate it into Vietnamese or smthingelse ?
Do good, be given good.

lucifer

• Ash
Re: Is the language of other countries a big matter in Wicca ???
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »

"The best spells are written by the one performing them" - a wise man

You can't simply look up the words for a spell and claim it and use it... What you should do is research the ritual practices - that is the use of oils, herbs, candles, wands, stones, etc. - related to the particular type of magic that you're trying to perform. Once you have an understanding of what tools you need to use for your particular type of spell, the words that you choose to represent how you want the spell to work are up to you. I would definitely use my own primary language, though, because you'll likely be better able to express exactly what you mean and want with your primary language.

Also, magick is meant to be practiced with much patience. You shouldn't ever cast a spell and then watch the clock waiting for the effect to happen (or not... not all spell-castings will be respected by the divine)... it could take days, weeks, months or even longer to see the effects of a spell be manifest.
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »

Welcome  to you thevoicesofheartie . Your heart and emotions are what guide the flow of the energy that makes magic . You may find it easier to chant your words then just speak them . What path of magic do you follow ?.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:06:53 PM »

Welcome ;)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43:02 AM »

Greetings thevoicesofheartie

Welcome to our forum.

Spell casting and rituals are very personal, and must be very carefully thought about before proceeding. Any spells you find should not be used as written; because they were somebody elses spells. what you can do is to use what you find as a template or a guide to write your own, in your own words and with your own feelings and energy. I would say that you should use your own language as that is what is most natural to you, and you will feel more comfortable and relaxed in your spell casting. Furthermore, as said above, don't wait for results. Cast your spell, finish your ritual then DO NOT think about it anymore. If any doubt creeps in, then that will ruin the spell.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve you may have to do it a few times, but if the Godess and God are willing then your spell will work. Remember the power comes from within YOU not from the words. Be positive!

One more thing I should emphasise, If you are indeed new in your path, then you shouldn't really be casting spells so early in you way. There is a lot to learn, a lot to understand, and you must realise that things can go wrong. Things could come back and bite you in the ass.

Blessed Be
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

thevoicesofheartie

• Fir
  • Everything happens for a reason .
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »

Thank you guys all !!! :-*
Do good, be given good.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »

Welcome thevoicesoftheheartie.  Enjoy your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 01:38:53 PM »

Welcome to TCC.  You have to know your spell will work or don't even bother with it.  If there is any doubt in your mind at all, it will either not work at all or the desired results will not be what you were looking for.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »

Welcome thevoiceoftheheartie. Blessings.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up