Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 27, 2014, 08:51:49 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: LINEAGED?  (Read 9871 times)

Michelle

• Cypress
Re: LINEAGED?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »

This thread could so easily have gone to trash like some others, yet look at who is posting here - We have witches from generations ago, wiccans also, even a christian witch.

I for one like this thread as I am actually learning something useful here. In that other forum all i was left with was a bad feeling with regards do i really belong. I feel like I really belong here. Perhaps in my family I could be the first of a traditional witch family, who knows? At least I'm not just excluded out of hand.

:)

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 07:21:21 AM »

Michelle, I am glad you are here.  You bring up some interesting topics.  Thank you.

I remember my Grandmother making what she called "helpers" and telling me not to tell my mother she showed me.  All she explained was they were a part of my heritage and my mother didn't want to know how so she was teaching me.  I now know those "helpers" to be spells.  I wish I had been older so I could have learned more from her.  She crossed over when I was 5 or 6.  Years later when I asked my mother about them, she said it was all Grandma's superstition.  That confirmed it for me.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »

I think the key term here is "religion".  I'm a Christian witch, but follow no religion.  Christianity is my spiritual faith, not my religion; from my perspective, all religion is basically designed as a power structure, with priests at the top and everyone else at the bottom.  Just makes no sense to me to ask another to interpret G-d for me when I have as much access as the next person.
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »

II'm a Christian witch, but follow no religion.  Christianity is my spiritual faith, not my religion....

Nice.  I never heard it explained that way.  Thank you for the insight.
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »

Nice.  I never heard it explained that way.  Thank you for the insight.

Now you know how strange I really am... *LOL*
~Anonymous

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »

I think the key term here is "religion".  I'm a Christian witch, but follow no religion.  Christianity is my spiritual faith, not my religion; from my perspective, all religion is basically designed as a power structure, with priests at the top and everyone else at the bottom.  Just makes no sense to me to ask another to interpret G-d for me when I have as much access as the next person.

How does a Christian witch actually perform magic? I thought a witch believes s/he manifests change through their own will. Christians say that prayer can manifest change through God's will. How do you reconcile the two?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:45:23 PM by nya »

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »

How does a Christian witch actually perform magic? I thought a witch believes s/he manifests change through their own will. Christians say that prayer can manifest change through God's will. How do you reconcile the two?

Which Christians?  Just because I have a G-d doesn't mean I can't also extend my own will if I choose.  I figure if G-d handles the big stuff, I can still take care of the light work...  I'm not a Biblical Christian, but lean more strongly towards Gnosticism.  The Bible was basically hijacked by Constantine and Paul...
~Anonymous

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »

So, do gnostic Christians effect magic through their own will or do they channel the power of their God. If it is the latter, does the gnostic christian decide how and when to deploy the magic or does the deity? I'm interest to hear your beliefs, I am only really familiar with Pauline Christians.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »

So, do gnostic Christians effect magic through their own will or do they channel the power of their God. If it is the latter, does the gnostic christian decide how and when to deploy the magic or does the deity? I'm interest to hear your beliefs, I am only really familiar with Pauline Christians.

In the allegory of the Garden of Eden, the Serpent was the catalyst to provide Mankind with free will.  Knowing Good and Evil, they became responsible for their actions, and were free to choose their own path, so I do what I feel is appropriate, accepting the consequences or rewards and hopefully learning in the process.
~Anonymous

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 01:03:19 PM »

Gnostics don't so much effect Magic, rather they achieve a personal direct communion with their God. It's generally considered a Heresy by the big three, because it dispenses with the need for intercession. But Hindus are pretty up with it, and there are still Heretical Gnostic sects of the Abrahmic Religions. 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »

Gnostics don't so much effect Magic, rather they achieve a personal direct communion with their God. It's generally considered a Heresy by the big three, because it dispenses with the need for intercession. But Hindus are pretty up with it, and there are still Heretical Gnostic sects of the Abrahmic Religions.

Pretty good explanation... better than mine... they were branded as Heretics by the Orthodoxy.  But any way you look at it, magic is magic... it works the same way, just has different bells and whistles.
~Anonymous

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

No. This is incorrect. Personal direct communion with God is not considered a heresy in mainstream Christianity.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »

No. This is incorrect. Personal direct communion with God is not considered a heresy in mainstream Christianity.

It is. Christianity is quite clear that the only way to God, is through Jesus Christ. Orthodox Christians and Catholics have to pray to one of the Saints, to intercede between them and God. And the resurrected Jesus only speaks to the Pope. That's why the Cathars were put down. It's why Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake.
It's why Christian Mystics all ways lived up a pole, or in cave somewhere. 
Christianity accepts Jesus as Messiah. The last Prophet. And God speaking directly to men turns all that on it's head. That's why Christianity is so oppositional to Islam, because Mohammed is  claimed to be a Prophet.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »

It is. Christianity is quite clear that the only way to God, is through Jesus Christ. Orthodox Christians and Catholics have to pray to one of the Saints, to intercede between them and God. And the resurrected Jesus only speaks to the Pope. That's why the Cathars were put down. It's why Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake.
It's why Christian Mystics all ways lived up a pole, or in cave somewhere. 
Christianity accepts Jesus as Messiah. The last Prophet. And God speaking directly to men turns all that on it's head. That's why Christianity is so oppositional to Islam, because Mohammed is  claimed to be a Prophet.
This is in a forum about Wicca, so I am not sure that a long debate about Christianity or Islam is appropriate here. HOWEVER, where do you get your comments on the Catholic Church from? Landover Baptists? The Cathars were about eight hundred years ago and
Joan of Arc about 1400.

I have a little bit of knowledge about Catholicism and trust me they do not "have to pray to saints". They pray to Jesus, who they believe is part of the triune God, and they seek a direct personal relationship with him. I am not a Catholic apologist, merely commenting on information that is plain wrong. Your comments are right up there with "wiccans worship Satan".
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:43:31 PM by nya »

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »

well miss nya you sure as hell must belong to a different catholic church than I've ever been too, maybe you should stop knee jerking and just shut up or admit you were wrong in your snarkassed comment.

In any event if you aren't a hereditary witch why are you commenting?
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up