Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 19, 2014, 08:53:31 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: LINEAGED?  (Read 9009 times)

dark magus

• Apple
Re: LINEAGED?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »

As to the comments about Christians and / or Catholics not being able to talk to God, I've got to say.....

Through tradition, they generally speak through Jesus or a Saint or during mass through the priest. But there is nothing preventing them from praying to God and receiving a reply. Talking = Prayer.
I'm not Catholic and I'm no expert on the subject. Just do a google search on "can catholics speak to god" and check out the wide range of answers.

Ummm....try to avoid the ones that suggest an intamacy with him though......a "little out there"

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 12:39:41 AM »

This is in a forum about Wicca, so I am not sure that a long debate about Christianity or Islam is appropriate here. HOWEVER, where do you get your comments on the Catholic Church from? Landover Baptists? The Cathars were about eight hundred years ago and
Joan of Arc about 1400.

I have a little bit of knowledge about Catholicism and trust me they do not "have to pray to saints". They pray to Jesus, who they believe is part of the triune God, and they seek a direct personal relationship with him. I am not a Catholic apologist, merely commenting on information that is plain wrong. Your comments are right up there with "wiccans worship Satan".

You got some issues with Serp haven't you? Pissing contest much?

Ima get the popcorn and watch the fireworks that develop if you keep baiting him.

No one ever managed to best him yet and I've seen enough of your posts to know you have neither the talent nor the knowledge base to break that record now.

As to the comments about Christians and / or Catholics not being able to talk to God, I've got to say.....

Through tradition, they generally speak through Jesus or a Saint or during mass through the priest. But there is nothing preventing them from praying to God and receiving a reply. Talking = Prayer.
I'm not Catholic and I'm no expert on the subject. Just do a google search on "can catholics speak to god" and check out the wide range of answers.

Ummm....try to avoid the ones that suggest an intamacy with him though......a "little out there"
Lapsed Catholics are fascinating to observe in the light of this topic. I have a few lapsed Catholic friends who remind me a lot of pagans in the way they approach their deity. They have moved away from the formal Church due to problems with things like refusing the Sacraments to gay people, and the non action on child abuse by the clergy. However, they still very much believe in the Trinity and take their rituals much to heart. They all still regard themselves as Catholic, just not as being aligned with Vatican protocols and edicts.

The relationship for these people was always and still is intrinsically gnostic in its nature. They held to their god when they left their Church, so it must have been, right?

The Church hierarchy most certainly seeks to distance people from their god. To be the essential intermediary. To stop them interpreting their holy texts as they will. It just doesn't always work.

Sinead O'Connor is such a person. She sees the Trinity as the one god - and the one god as the Trinity. This is very much an established Catholic Church teaching. She says that the problem with the Vatican hierarchy is that they do not have the Holy Spirit within them

She makes a good case for that too.

To say that talking to Jesus is not talking to god for these people is akin to saying that azure is not a shade of blue. And to say they are not real Catholics would be seen by them as an insult beyond measure. For such people it is the Church which has abandoned their god - not them.

And btw: what's wrong with "out there"??
Out there is where you see all the best stuff!
lol

well miss nya you sure as hell must belong to a different catholic church than I've ever been too, maybe you should stop knee jerking and just shut up or admit you were wrong in your snarkassed comment.

In any event if you aren't a hereditary witch why are you commenting?

Poking sleeping dragons seems to be a favourite hobby of hers.

She'll get burnt one day for her troubles.
 ;D

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 07:43:45 AM »

Okay, folks....show's over.  Move along...

BACK on TRACK ITT about Lineaged Wicca.

Thank you.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »

Don't think of them as "Threads," think of them as "Strings.". And the First Law of Forum Mechanics™ states that "a String that starts in one universe, will inevitably wind up in another."

My mate Meds, in full self justification mode.

:-*
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »

My mate Meds, in full self justification mode.

:-*

One of the best quotes (and truest) I've read in a long time. Love it!

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »

Well, well, where to start.

Miss Khara, I was not aware that only hereditary witches could comment on public forums. So, madam, why don't you shut up with your snotty comments.

Dark Magus, for Christians, and yes that includes Catholics, Jesus is God, so talking or praying to him is talking to God. And find me any Pentecostal that would say they have anything other than a direct personal relationship with God.

Scorched Eartha. Are you really quoting Sinead O'Connor as an example I should take seriously? Nothing to add to that but Bwhahaha. And as for your friend, I do not have "issues" with him. He made inaccurate statements about a religion I know well and I corrected them. Just as any of the Wiccans here would correct misleading claims that they worship Satan. Plus I am sure he can speak for himself, doesn't need you as a mouthpiece.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:07:46 AM by nya »

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 10:28:08 AM »

Miss Khara, I was not aware that only hereditary witches could comment on public forums. So, madam, why don't you shut up with your snotty comments.

Dark Magus, for Christians, and yes that includes Catholics, Jesus is God, so talking or praying to him is talking to God. And find me any Pentecostal that would say they have anything other than a direct personal relationship with God.

Scorched Eartha. Are you really quoting Sinead O'Connor as an example I should take seriously? Nothing to add to that but Bwhahaha. And as for your friend, I do not have "issues" with him. He made inaccurate statements about a religion I know well and I corrected them. Just as any of the Wiccans here would correct misleading claims that they worship Satan. Plus I am sure he can speak for himself, doesn't need you as a mouthpiece.

I'm pretty sure Sinead O'Connor gives about as much of a feck about your opinion of her as I do your opinion of me.

::)

btw: I interpreted Khara's comment to mean that since in 100 posts you've yet to make a valuable, meaningful, informative  or entertaining  contribution to the forum that maybe you ought to stop flapping your gums and listen to those who do know something.

Just sayin'.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »

Never said as much, so this is the point where I say DIAF biotch.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:54 AM »

Wouldn't you say wishing me to die in a fire is just a little bit disproportionate? Moderators, is it acceptable for one poster to say this to another on this site? Grateful for your clarification.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:23:58 AM by nya »

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »

btw: I interpreted Khara's comment to mean that since in 100 posts you've yet to make a valuable, meaningful, informative  or entertaining  contribution to the forum that maybe you ought to stop flapping your gums and listen to those who do know something.

I won't be listening to you then lol.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

I won't be listening to you then lol.

Yo dumbass learn to respond to the person you are quoting and quit putting words in my mouth I never said.

kthanxbai
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »

Wouldn't you say wishing me to die in a fire is just a little bit disproportionate? Moderators, is it acceptable for one poster to say this to another on this site? Grateful for your clarification.

Never said I wished it.  You need to learn to read.  Or maybe it's reading comprehension you need to work on.

Not sure if I should even bother, you can't even remember who you are quoting when you try to troll them.

It's sad.  I prefer a better quality troll.

nya

• Rowan
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »

Who are you to call anyone dumbass? I wasn't quoting you, that was for your sidekick. Now go and have (yet another) tantrum and meltdown somewhere else, I want to talk to adults.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »

Who are you to call anyone dumbass? I wasn't quoting you, that was for your sidekick. Now go and have (yet another) tantrum and meltdown somewhere else, I want to talk to adults.

Read what you wrote DUMBASS!!!  I am Khara you twat.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »

Sleeper troll is still a troll.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Up