Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 23, 2014, 02:35:57 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation: Another Look  (Read 292 times)

Phoenix

• Oak
  • From the Fire I have Risen.
    • Home of the Phoenix
Reincarnation: Another Look
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:15:53 PM »

Having more of less grown up Zen Buddhist, with a strong hindu influenced father and now being a pagan. I have believed in reincarnation for most of my life, and have put together many ideas into a version that makes the most sense to me personally.

When you die you move on to whatever the afterlife is, still not to sure about that myself, but whenever your soul is ready you move choose which life to come back to. I believe that this is dictated by following those souls that belonged to the people you had the deepest connections with in lives past. For example, if you were to follow your best friend to this life he or she may now be your sibling, or someone you will not meet until you are in your twenties.

If you ever have a feeling when meeting a stranger that is way stronger than it should be. Like you have never meet someone before and you are automatically acting like you have known each other forever, or after one conversation you are convinced that you hate this person. This is because you had strong feelings about them in a past life.

Because you meet people that are new to you, there is a chance of developing strong relationships with other people who will than travel with you through time.

I do not believe that there is any end to reincarnation, I think that each life we are to become as close as possible with the universe using knowledge gained in the past, but each time we must try again.

These are simply my beliefs on the afterlife, but I was asked by Drac to post a thread on my views to open discussion. I really am looking forward to hearing what all of you have to say.   
I went to the Woods to front the essential facts of life. - Thourou

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
Re: Reincarnation: Another Look
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »

Really, it would explain why me and my mom are like best friends. Don't get me wrong, she acts like a mom too, but she is also like a best friend. And I have met people like you said that we just hit it off.

Can you really call it a afterlife though? Its more of a pastime for your soul/sprit for you to get done what's needed that you didn't when you were in your shell. Then I think your reborn.

MoonlitWings

• Hazel
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »

Ive had man instances where friends or people. have met feel as they though they know me, as if we have been friends for our entire lives or in another time. Like they "feel" it. Its strange, but cool o.o

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 07:03:23 PM »

Can you really call it a afterlife though? Its more of a pastime for your soul/sprit for you to get done what's needed that you didn't when you were in your shell. Then I think your reborn.

Not what this thread is about WR. It's to do with the question about our spiritual connection with others, and whether that carries on to the next life.

And with that in mind, this is where the term "Soul Mate" comes from. The pity of it is that Soul Mate has lost it's meaning, it has been used too much to say how one feels about their other half.

What Phoenix says about moving forward with others you have known raises interesting points, not just the "Soul Mate" persona.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »

Sorry WhiteRaven, that last post looked like I was telling you off.... It wasn't intended that way. :-p
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Phoenix

• Oak
    • Home of the Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »

I agree, it makes plenty of sense to me, as well as my father and grandmother who believe a similar thing.

I agree though Drac, and thats a perfect word for it, I personally believe that I have meet several people that I am far to close too after the time we have known each other. They are friends, honestly more like family, but thats it and I still would apply the term soul mate, I think we have been together for a while lol.

It would also explain things like "love at first sight", at least on a spiritual level.

You can always tell when two people are very very close, in an almost different way, like they are two halves of the same person. My best friend, whom I meet three years ago in high school and we are completely two opposite people but are very close, and balance each other out. 

As for your comment WR, I think that a resting place or a stopping point is a lot better term than afterlife. Thank you!!!

WARNING: Every five hundred years or so I spontaneously combust. The time is nigh get close at your own peril!!

Alces Alces

• Orange
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »

I have definitely met people with whom I just click with. These are women who I can spend hours or even days with and things just sort of flow naturally and comfortably. I can't say that some of those "soul mates" might be males that I come in contact with, but because I have been married most of my adult life hanging out for extended periods of time to really confirm the connection isn't possible. But still, there are people of all genders and ages that I connect with that just feel "homey" to me.
On the other hand there are people who I just don't feel comfortable with, from the first instance I meet them.
I really like that term soul mate. To me it says we are looking at the true inner person and not just the package they come in. So I guess it's more like we are recognizing the person's soul, give a hearty, happy greeting and continue on where we left off in our past lives

Phoenix

• Oak
    • Home of the Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:22 AM »

Exactly!!! The package is pretty insignificant if you think about it, my dad says meat suite lol, But the soul, thats what has all the important bits in it.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 06:30:41 AM »

Sorry WhiteRaven, that last post looked like I was telling you off.... It wasn't intended that way. :-p

Uh huh uh huh. Better be nice to me. I bite. ::) ::) ::)

Phoenix- Welcome. :D

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 06:52:25 AM »

And a Dragon has massively larger jaws and teeth than a Raven!

Valerie

• Oak
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 08:24:25 AM »

I've always wondered about "soul mates"  and used to say my first Labrador, Solomon was mine do they have to be human ?
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 03:09:57 AM »

Star crossed lover is another one . Well Valerie you don't always come back as human  ;D.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

arual

• Fir
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »

I believe in reincarnation but I look at it a little differently. I believe when you move on you reflect on the life lesson you learned or were suppose to learn in this life. Then, you choose to either move on or reflect some more. When you move on, you either have another lesson to learn or you have the same lesson (assuming you didn't learn the lesson the previous time). I believe that the people in my current life will always be in the same position. For instance, my mom will always be my mom and my dad will always be my dad.

I read an article one time (I can't remember where or who wrote it) that suggested the things that happen in your current life will be reflected in your future life. For example if you kill someone in your current life, you will be killed in your future life. That doesn't sit too well with me because I think about little children that are killed and can't think they would have done something wrong in a past life. It also suggested some interesting things about homosexuality and reincarnation. It was very interesting but I can't remember where I read it.

I also believe that if you meet someone new in this life that you feel connected to for unknown reasons, that means you knew them in a previous life. That's just my 2 cents.

empty6

• Holly
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 06:02:37 AM »

Having more of less grown up Zen Buddhist, with a strong hindu influenced father and now being a pagan. I have believed in reincarnation for most of my life, and have put together many ideas into a version that makes the most sense to me personally.

When you die you move on to whatever the afterlife is, still not to sure about that myself, but whenever your soul is ready you move choose which life to come back to. I believe that this is dictated by following those souls that belonged to the people you had the deepest connections with in lives past. For example, if you were to follow your best friend to this life he or she may now be your sibling, or someone you will not meet until you are in your twenties.

If you ever have a feeling when meeting a stranger that is way stronger than it should be. Like you have never meet someone before and you are automatically acting like you have known each other forever, or after one conversation you are convinced that you hate this person. This is because you had strong feelings about them in a past life.

Because you meet people that are new to you, there is a chance of developing strong relationships with other people who will than travel with you through time.

I do not believe that there is any end to reincarnation, I think that each life we are to become as close as possible with the universe using knowledge gained in the past, but each time we must try again.

These are simply my beliefs on the afterlife, but I was asked by Drac to post a thread on my views to open discussion. I really am looking forward to hearing what all of you have to say.

Actually I really believe this way too, and have had very strong experiences with it too
Didn't know there were others that think this way :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up