Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2014, 04:34:46 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell the Devils Domain  (Read 2762 times)

claudette

• Willow
Re: Hell the Devils Domain
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »

Okay, I'll stop being so picky....pulls finger out of nose.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »

Pesonally, I feel it's the men in a relgion that ruins them or gives it a black eye.

I dunno. Every person I ever knew who went to catholic Primary schools got the crap beaten out of them by nuns with long rulers. And were threatened with hell fire and damnation while it happened to them.

Just sayin'

And there was that Breatharian chick too...and Ma Anand Sheila from the Rajneeshis.
 ;)

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »

True enough but in general woman should of been included with my use of the word "men" in my earlier post.  I will work at being more precise in the future.

Hell look at the council of Nicaea.  How many religions were proclaimed heresy back then,  by men I might add?  Who were they to decide this?
Look at how Mary Magdalene was treated by the church for almost two thousand years?  Called a prostitute and a whore by the church but Jesus first chose to reveal himself to her after he rose from the dead if you believe in that kind of thing.

I think almost all organized religions were created to control the masses anyways.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »

True enough but in general woman should of been included with my use of the word "men" in my earlier post.  I will work at being more precise in the future.

Hell look at the council of Nicaea.  How many religions were proclaimed heresy back then,  by men I might add?  Who were they to decide this?
Look at how Mary Magdalene was treated by the church for almost two thousand years?  Called a prostitute and a whore by the church but Jesus first chose to reveal himself to her after he rose from the dead if you believe in that kind of thing.

I think almost all organized religions were created to control the masses anyways.

Just the most powerful military and political force of the day in their area of influence.   :D

But then, that's the why. MIlitary force can only control the immediate area of your troops and it can only expand to the extent of your ability to finance the operation.
Idea's transcend all boarders, all fortifications. If you can control minds and beliefs, you don't need armies. What better way to unify a continent and build an empire. Look at the Catholic church today. It's authority transcends governments and perports to "control" 25% of the worlds population.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »

Mary Magdalene had her own gospels and they were excised in favour of that misogynist Paul and his interminable letters..Spare me.

I wonder if the Corinthians ever wrote back??
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 10:24:32 PM »

They just sent back the salted heads of the messengers , think he got the message :'(
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 03:30:24 PM »

Don't you pay them any mind. There is no Hell. Of this I AM SURE.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

Agree with you Serp , their hell does not exist. But there are hells , the ones we create for ourselves and I think thatthey are far worse then anything they could come up with.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »

Yeah, but at least we don't expect everyone else to join us in our self created misery.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »

True , but as the old saying goes  " misery loves company " .

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »

Yeah, but at least we don't expect everyone else to join us in our self created misery.

Some people do.

They call it  "Marriage".
 :-*

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »

So should everyone get a divorce then  :-p .

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:32 AM »

So should everyone get a divorce then  :-p .
What if you've never been married?

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »

I dunno. Every person I ever knew who went to catholic Primary schools got the crap beaten out of them by nuns with long rulers. And were threatened with hell fire and damnation while it happened to them.

I actually have a scar on my left hand from Sister Mary discipline's ruler, but i would hardly describe it as having the "crap beat out of" me.  NOR do I believe that 10 out of 11 priests were child molesters...neither do I believe that it was so rampant and endemic that "EVERYONE" knew, or was in a position to do anything about it.  Hell's bells...I'm not sure that I believe it was as "rampant and endemic" as has been reported.  "Regression Therapy" is not an exact science. When the first few came to light, it became a "bandwagon" for people to jump on.  When's the last time a bandwagon went past that people DIDN'T jump on?  It was the 50's.  Things were different.  As well, the Church of Rome's involvement..(or lack thereof)..in the Holocaust is being re-examined. 

In the early days of our republic, the school systems in the Colonies and our frontiers were founded by churches.  New York city's schools were founded by the Quakers.  Their "textbook"?  The KJ Bible.  When the Protestant hold on the schools was overturned, riots broke out. The Methodist who were running other school systems had NO compunction about the old "spare the rod" rules.  Same goes for the Lutherans in other areas.  I would think, though, that the pacifist Quakers of NYC might have been a little more "civilized"...Civilized?  Is THAT the correct word?  Well, in light of the way we view ourselves in the 21st Century... yes, I believe it is.

In light of the O.P., I saw that episode on History dot.  I enjoyed it. 
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »

What if you've never been married?

Marriage is the main cause of divorce.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up