Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 23, 2014, 01:21:03 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell the Devils Domain  (Read 2924 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Hell the Devils Domain
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »

Well Serp , what can I say ; depends on how you look at it . Could be your unlucky or lucky , only you can say . But sometimes a little misery can be good for you.  Also making up can be so much fun ;D .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »

I have no problem believing that Jesus was a real man who was highly regarded in his time. So highly regarded that a book was written about him by many different people. He pissed off the
wrong people and they executed him, making him a martyr. I have great respect for the religion
they created.It's the churches that ruin the religion.

DING-DING-DING... folks, we have a winner...
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 02:11:51 PM »

The greeks believed in a hell.
Tartarus.
The energy which is mine, should always be mine.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »

Most of us are not Greeks and don't believe in hell or the devil. What
do you believe Aiden?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 12:25:34 PM »

Most of us are not Greeks and don't believe in hell or the devil. What
do you believe Aiden?
I know but you often speak of Gaia.
I believe hell is only for the pure evil.

MoonlitWings

• Hazel
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

Gaia is a goddess, a personification of the earth, along with many goddesses, be it Greek, Egyptian, Welsh, etc (just examples). Some choose to call the Earth Gaia, while others choose to call it Earth and believe in the goddess Gaia. Not everyone here is Greek though, but you don't have to be Greek to believe in a Greek god/goddess.

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 12:35:07 PM »

Gaia is a goddess, a personification of the earth, along with many goddesses, be it Greek, Egyptian, Welsh, etc (just examples). Some choose to call the Earth Gaia, while others choose to call it Earth and believe in the goddess Gaia. Not everyone here is Greek though, but you don't have to be Greek to believe in a Greek god/goddess.
That makes sense.
Thanks.

MoonlitWings

• Hazel
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »

No prob.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 03:08:45 PM »

This is something I posted to another thread here, but I thought it might be appropriate, slightly edited, so:
Quote:

I had a heretical thought a few months ago.

Perhaps those of us who are happy to stay where we are, spiritually, go to Heaven after we die so that we can sing The Lord's praises, live in eternal joy and bliss and be forever reassured that everything is wonderful.

Until we get bored, and decide it's time for another go-around.

But those of us who are blessed, or cursed, with the Questing Gene - that urge to look beyond the obvious that is common to all genuine artists, musicians, scientists, explorers, inventors, witches and wizards - go, after we leave the physical body, to Hell; where we finally confront, and overcome, our inner Demons and Dragons, thus becoming stronger. Then we decide it's perhaps time for another incarnation.

Demons and Dragons outwardly present a loathsome and terrifying appearance, which serves to keep the fanatics, the McWiccans, the Fluffy Bunnies, the Sundays-only religious and the other unprepared away; but if approached with courage and respect, they have much profound wisdom to impart.

It seems all the most interesting people will be there; and the parties can get pretty wild on Saturday nights, or so I'm led to believe.
End quote.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:01 AM »

Demons and Dragons outwardly present a loathsome and terrifying appearance, which serves to keep the fanatics, the McWiccans, the Fluffy Bunnies, the Sundays-only religious and the other unprepared away; but if approached with courage and respect, they have much profound wisdom to impart.

It seems all the most interesting people will be there; and the parties can get pretty wild on Saturday nights, or so I'm led to believe.
End quote.

Alchymist.

Hey! less of the loathsome if you don't mind  :-p :(
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »

Sorry. Can we just go with terrifying then? - for dragons anyway. But demons are another species altogether..... Now, those shoggoths; they define loathsome. Smell pretty bad, too....

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2014, 07:26:58 AM »

Sorry. Can we just go with terrifying then? - for dragons anyway. But demons are another species altogether..... Now, those shoggoths; they define loathsome. Smell pretty bad, too....

Alchymist

Terrifying I can live with....LoL

I am familiar with Shoggoths, we have some in this here town, and as they are aquatic in origin, that there is proof positive that the pond scum here are trying to disguise themselves.  :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »

I am familiar with Shoggoths, we have some in this here town, and as they are aquatic in origin, that there is proof positive that the pond scum here are trying to disguise themselves.  :o

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Alchymist.

Nieske

• Orange
  • Mother of Dragons
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »

I like your thought in Heaven and Hell Alchymist.

I think too many religions use Hell as a means to scare. "Follow our specific brand of religion, or you will face eternal torment!"
I once heard a born-again Christian explain that you would only go to Heaven if you were baptised in a specific way, it had nothing to do with your deeds. In my mind, this is awful! That could mean that a mass-murderer who converts goes to Heaven, while a selfless volunteer goes to Hell because she followed the wrong branch of Christianity.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)

Aidan

• Meṁber
  • Oak
  • Fire and light!
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »

I like your thought in Heaven and Hell Alchymist.

I think too many religions use Hell as a means to scare. "Follow our specific brand of religion, or you will face eternal torment!"
I once heard a born-again Christian explain that you would only go to Heaven if you were baptised in a specific way, it had nothing to do with your deeds. In my mind, this is awful! That could mean that a mass-murderer who converts goes to Heaven, while a selfless volunteer goes to Hell because she followed the wrong branch of Christianity.
Coould not agree more.
Like God is some Egotistical Tyrant.
No my idea of the divine......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up