Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 05:47:48 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Beltane!  (Read 958 times)

AstralStar

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Blessed Be!
Happy Beltane!
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »

Wishing everyone a Happy Beltane 2012! May the god and goddess bring you all much fertility, abundance, prosperity and the embrace of sexuality in all its fiery glow! Feel the fairies and flowers spring to life with joy and happiness all around you and your loved ones!

Blessed Be!

*Astral Star*

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
Re: Happy Beltane!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »

Thanks. *What's a "Beltane"?*? 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

AstralStar

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Blessed Be!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »

Beltane is a one of the 8 sabbats (festivals) that pagans or wiccans and many others celebrate in order to honor the seasons and keep in tune with nature :) Beltane has a strong focus on embracing fertility, and welcoming in summer time! People celebrate their rituals in their own way, but for me, I like to welcome in faerie spirits to join my circle and dance with me and my close friends. Love a lot of fresh flowers on the altar and crystal to welcome in the faeries. We also each make wishes in our hearts for what we desire, while jumping over a candle (fire). Many also decorate a maypole, with ribbons, flowers and stones. It is a fun sabbat and gears me up for summer :)

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »

I thought Beltane was o May 2nd....AKA May Day................
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

AstralStar

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • Blessed Be!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »

Typically, its the eve of April 30th after sundown into May 1st :) I think however it does change depending on the year. I've seen different dates in early May, but I personally always celebrate on eve of April 30th :)

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

If your Gaelic then celebrating on May 1 and having a May Pole is appropriate. If your a Pagan then somewhere around the 3rd to the 7th may work better as it depends when the sun crosses mid point between Winter and Summer solstice. Other folks celebrate at vastly different times of the year based on where there actually live.

One of the old traditions for May 1st was for a single girl to take a single man as a husband, without the need for marrage. They could legally live together for a year and a day at which point they had to decide to Handfast or separate. But only on May 1. The year plus a day was to prevent the girl from drooping one guy and hooking up with a second right away. A version of that in America is called Saddie Hawkins day.

I'm not Gaelic nor do I follow the ca lander based on the Wheel. Needless to say, May 1st is just another day (other than if you haven't filed your taxes...your late!)

But thanks for the wishes and you have fun!

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »

May the start of your Beltane bring to all of you that which you should have . May your come months bear fruits of fortune , joy and harmony.

I celebrate my Beltane from midnight on the first to midnight on the second . Starting with and ending with a glass of my favorite Irish. Blessings to all.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:04 PM »

How do you celebrate May 1st, Oh sorry April 30th. If you don't mind me asking who are your
patron gods?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »

Celebrating on 01MAY is typical.  It is solely for convenience.  Same as celebrating Samhain on 31OCT. 

Is it astronomically correct?  Not usually.  Do I celebrate on BOTH days?  Yup. 
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 01:46:44 PM »

I had a friend post this on Facebook and it made me smile!

So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden
Pages: [1]   Go Up