Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 22, 2014, 12:19:57 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Super full moon  (Read 986 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Super full moon
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »

This upcoming full moon will be 50.000 kilometers closer to earth this week end , hope the sky is clear . have my telescope ready .
More important then seeing it is to see if the effect of three tried and true spells are more powerful , there will be one control spell that I have never had much luck with .

If any of you have the time to try some spell work , would you let me know if they were more effective then usual . Thanks . og
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

dark magus

• Apple
Re: Super full moon
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 11:55:40 PM »

Ummm...even then it's still 360 odd thousand KM away. At best it will be about 10% larger in actuality. But....we'll see. Maybe the atmosphere will have just enough moisture to give us a magnifying effect. Unless it's clouded over

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »

Well weather person said it would be clear here but I'll not be holding my breath. That was one thing I like about the New England the harvest moon rising out of the sea , beautiful orange colour and it looked 50 times bigger . Probably not anymore do to light pollution.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »

I might have to try a few spells, I haven't doe so in a while, but maybe a spell to attract "The One" could FINALLY work. LOL
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »

I might have to try a few spells, I haven't doe so in a while, but maybe a spell to attract "The One" could FINALLY work. LOL

If you're trying and not doing, I suspect they will continue to not work.....  ;)
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »

I haven't cast any spells in a while. The thought of falling in love and getting married is something I want and I am also terrified of at the same time. I got hurt really bad last time and now I have to worry about my child getting hurt at the same time. So more along the lines of helping myself be open to love and finding trust again.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

Trust my Lady is hard to find , not only for a women but for a male too. When you have been hurt , the hurt can stay with you for a long time. Yes I to have been hurt in that way but I have never given up hope of some day being happy again .
I could say to you let your heart guide you , just let your brain control your feelings . Always remember that it is not just you but your kids to and they are more important then anything else.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 06:15:10 PM »

Night has come, the sky is clear, and the moon is full and bright orange.  Simply stunning!  If only I could get a good picture.  :o(
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »

Sky is clear..."ish"...

Took about six good photos, waiting another hour or so to take some more.  The sky is MAGNIFICENT tonight!  Even saw one of the meteors that they said we "wouldn't see with the Moon so bright"!

Post pics tomorrow...I'll be QUITE spent by an hour from now...
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »

Not dark here yet, maybe an hour to go. But the sky is reasonably clear.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »

I saw Her when She first rose.  Beautiful.  Other than that, it is cloudy here and it pisses me off. 
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »

It's now 10:15. The moon is at about 15 degree's above the horizon. The sky's cleared off totally
She's bright and full. Is she bigger........maybe a tad, but not significantly.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 08:08:47 AM »

Clouds rolled in about a half hour after I first posted.  Drat!  I kept climbing out of bed to check and see if she was shining though the clouds.  No luck.   :(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:09:03 AM by The Pet Goddess »
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »

Discovery Channel posted that She would be about 14% bigger than usual.  Looked, to me, more like 20%.  Brilliance was the issue!  At 0300 my time it was, seriously, nearly DAYLIGHT!  The clouds moved out for me just in time.  The sky behind them was gin-clear.  The problem was holding the camera up and steady...the clouds moving out brought the pain level up several notches and the mobility down a few...I NEED to make an adapter for the tripod to go from the older-larger threads to the newer-smaller ones.  May have to break down and BUY one, as they STILL won't let me near my lathe.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »

She was a little bit bigger but very BRIGHT!
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up