Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 12, 2014, 03:15:03 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Past life regressive hypnosis  (Read 5798 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Past life regressive hypnosis
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »

So , what about if more then one person perceived it when together . Or what if different people perceived it at the same place but at different times. 
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Palm
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »

Then I'm sure Morpheus would take us to the oracle and she would then tell us what we needed to know. But what she tells you is for you alone.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »

Dream on dude. ps lets not derail this one again  :'( .

I remember from along time ago ( can remember the program ) it was about a scientis that found some old pottery that was groved and discovered that sounds and voices from when if was had been recorded on the shards. So what if in the places that people have experinced deja vu there are crystals or strada of minerals that can emit thinks that were registerd in the past ?.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Palm
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 03:31:03 PM »

Not familiar with that one, interesting idea though.

It makes me wonder, just how much investigation has been carried out in relation to past life regression? You hear about instances of it, someone has lived as a roundhead in another life, or as a peasant in a mediaeval era etc. So which part of the brain is being communicated with in the hypnotic state?! It can't therefore be the subconscious, as that deals with the aspects of our lives that we see and feel everyday but don't realise it. There must be something deeper that remains hidden, but can be awakened on occasion.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

The soul is a symbotic spiritual being which attaches itself to our animal ``host'' bodies and makes us ``human''...

Good luck trying to find the part of the brain that carries that information ;)

(i.e. if you don't believe that the soul is permanently bound to the body [i.e. believe in afterlife/rebirth] then it doesn't make sense to assume that it can be found in the brain)
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Palm
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »

The soul wasn't included in any part of those postings, however, include it we shall. The brain is what makes us aware and gives us the ability to perceive. If as you propose that the soul is symbiotic then it has to be "in touch" with our brains also. Our brains are essentially our processing and recoding media and therefore any past experiences encountered by the soul may indeed be passed on and a residue of it is left in the brain.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

Our brains are essentially our processing and recoding media and therefore any past experiences encountered by the soul may indeed be passed on and a residue of it is left in the brain.
touche... I suppose if we had the technology to completely analyze what a person's brain knows we might find all sorts of interesting past-life experiences that shouldn't... exist :-p
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Palm
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2012, 04:59:09 PM »

It would probably frighten us too!  :-p :-p

Also, if we did have the tech to do such things, we would be in danger of losing our human need for discovery and self improvement. We need the mysteries!!!! We thrive on them!!!

And without them, this thread would be pointless. :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »

Let's not have any pointless bickering , it would be ( yeah you get it ) .

ooh something new just popped into my head . :o

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »

Memories are stored chemically or so I thought.   I just don't see how the brain can retain memories from past lives.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Palm
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »

Memories are stored chemically or so I thought.   I just don't see how the brain can retain memories from past lives.

I believe you're right EBS, chemically stored, where I'm leading is that if the soul has multiple life experiences, then surely some residue of a past experience could be felt by the brain on some quantum level.

I'm going to suggest a pot of paint as an analogy for the brain, white. The stirring stick as the soul/spirit. The stick is in different lives/pots of paint and spends its time at each. You take out the stick and give it a good clean.(or; the soul goes to summerland and prepares to reincarnate into another life). The stick/soul then enters another existence and therefore another brain/paintpot. It starts to do its thing, but there is a slight residue on the stick (perhaps blue paint) and it is picked up by the new pot/brain.

Not a great analogy and probably could've been written better but hey... its 2.15 in the morning here... :D :D

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 09:56:43 PM »

Chemically stored and electrically transmitted , interupt either one and you  have problems . Look what happened to people that have had shock treatments . The only way that they could remember thing from the pass is in DNA , the only problem it would be some one elses memory . You would just think it was yours .  Think on it ?

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Palm
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2012, 05:22:12 AM »

That goes a bit beyond my sphere of knowledge OG, I'd have to bone up on that one.  :-\

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »

Try reading "Old Souls" by Tom Shroder.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Palm
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2012, 09:08:53 AM »

Try reading "Old Souls" by Tom Shroder.

>>Noted<<

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up