Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 27, 2014, 06:02:24 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Past life regressive hypnosis  (Read 6277 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Past life regressive hypnosis
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »

It has been over four years since I was hypnotize , I went in to stop my heavy drinking , did it three times over the last 40 years , didn't help tried it twice to stop smoking ; complete failure. The only thing that happened every time was that for several weeks after had very vivid dreams , all the dreams were the same one. I would be in a on heavily forested sloop with about 8-10inches of snow on the ground struggling to get over into the valley on the other side . After what seemed like hours I crested the ridge and just stopped dead knowing that I had failed , below me were flames . What was burning I could never see I would start to cry then wake up. Weeks would go by and they would slowly fade but each time I was hypnotized I would have the same dream.
Where I was , in what time ; I can not say .
Have any of you ever had this  type of experience after being hypnotized?.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
Re: Past life regressive hypnosis
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 09:38:53 AM »

I've nevery actually undergone hypnois, but it is something I am interested in. This many sound goofy, but I've always been a bit of an "old soul" and have felt...things...hovering on the edge of my consciousness that I really would like to explore.

And as I side note, I hate having things tight around my neck...maybe I was hung/strangled in another life, hmm?
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

Imo, I believe past life regression is bunk. How memories are stored in or brain would make it impossible to bring memories forward into a new life. Again, just my opinion.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »

Would not the memories of our pasted live still be with our spirit and travel into the new body ?.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »

Would not the memories of our pasted live still be with our spirit and travel into the new body ?.

IMO, no.

ETA:  How many past life regressions do you know of that people say they have where they are just a lowly serf or slave vs. a King or Knight or some other important type person?  Most that I am familiar with, people were of the more important types than just a nobody.  Everybody couldn't of been an important person.  I just don't put any stock into it at all.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:23:18 AM by Earthbound Spirit »

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

Can say I only have meet one person who told me they have the memory of their past life . No Queen or king just a prostitute in acient Greece.
If we are to learn from the mistake we made in past life so we can do b etter in the new one , how do we not make the same mistakes we made in the past; if we do not remember them?.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »

I just don't think it possible to bring memories with you.  Maybe you only have certain lessons to learn in this life and you move on.  Maybe you will be a deer in your next life.  Maybe you were Adolf Hitler and doomed to failure for eternity.  All just my opinion my friend.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:36:06 PM by Earthbound Spirit »

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »

So could it be like there is a set game scenario,it is set into play and it is up to the player ( us ) and how we play out the scenario that is how we learn . Each life is a different level of the game and to win we must pass all level or start again? What do you think EBS.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
  • Give the Gift of Love...Volunteer!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »

I've done many past life regressions.  Most often I find correlations to issues I have in this life.  Understanding where my issues stem from has gone a long way in enabling me to heal that part of my life. 

If we do have past lives, it only makes sense that the ones that come through during a past life regressions would be lives that have some significance to our present life or lives that we enjoyed very much and/or have had a large emotional impact on us. 

I recently found out I had been a slave owner who sexually abused his slaves.  Didn't make me feel very good at all.  Especially since one of my slaves is a girl who recently joined my new age group.  For some reason, when we first met I couldn't look her in the eyes.  She kept calling me Barbara.  Barbara was my wife's name when I was the slave owner.

All in all, I still don't know what I believe about past lives, if they are real of not.  Believing in past lives goes against what I claim to believe in... or not believe in as an Atheist. 

Yet...  I recently told a friend that I met on an internet forum that she had been a school marm in a past life that had been shot in the chest under her left breast and also in the head.  She reported that she often has pain under her left breast and often dreams that she has been shot in the head.  Coincidence?  Perhaps.  But what are the chances of it being coincidence? 
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »

I tend to agree with EBS on this one. I don't believe it's possible to remember past lives under any circumstance.
If you think you have remembered something (and I will apologise right now cause I'm going to piss you off) then your being fooled by the person putting you under or by yourself because you want to remember something.
I've written before about what happens to us when we die, and won't repeat it here. You can't remember something that didn't happen but you can fantasize or "dream" a past experience that your subconscious mind incorporates into your real life dilemma.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 05:39:31 AM »

Stating your opinion would never piss me off, DM.  No worries.  I love knowing what others think and why.  It gives me food for thought.  I am always willing to explore. 

I don't like the word "belief".  There is nothing I "believe in" that I would die for or could ever claim with absolute conviction.  My so-called beliefs are nothing more than where my thoughts are here and now.  Who knows what tomorrow brings.  I go with the flow. 
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 04:58:19 AM »

So what about Racial Memory , do you think that it exist?.

The Pet Goddess

• Hawthorn
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 06:12:12 AM »

Genetic memory is invoked to explain the racial memory postulated by Carl Jung. In Jungian psychology, racial memories are posited memories, feelings and ideas inherited from our ancestors as part of a "collective unconscious".

If this is what you refer to, then yes I do believe in racial memory.  Would not racial memory be something akin to instinct? 

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:46:53 AM »

Theoretical. An idea developed in the 1800's early 1900's to help explain the fight or flight reactions given certain stimuli. No clear evidence to show that it actually exists.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 05:07:42 PM »

Oh well , maybe the Fae come to us when were babies and whisper in our ear and tell us of the past :o .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up