Nuked
Welcome, Guest
August 22, 2014, 06:45:23 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Past life regressive hypnosis  (Read 6175 times)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
Re: Past life regressive hypnosis
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 03:28:39 AM »

Time has no substance or reality beyond that which we give it, in this life. Terms like "previous life" are irrelevant. There is only Life. And all life is one life. We are all just fragments of this one life, examining itself. We are not separate. We have no permanence.

However, we mostly live under the illusion that we are, that we do.

This self or identity, is just a construct, a device, built by the ego, which imagines itself (and therefore, our selves) central to all existence.
There are many ways to temporarily put the ego aside and experience the oneness of everything, but if you are unprepared, or come "thinking through the door", there is the very real risk that your "self" fragments as it assimilates a new "boot record". This is a scary place to be, and is inhabited by all your rejected demons and fears. Well worth the risk though, if you can keep your shit together.

To the Victor, goes the spoils. all the best, Napoleon Boneparte.

I often times attempt to batter down your somewhat massive healthy ego you know - but then you go and write shit like this and it just seems that it's not quite large enough to encompass your worth, dunnit?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »

I often times attempt to batter down your somewhat massive healthy ego you know - but then you go and write shit like this and it just seems that it's not quite large enough to encompass your worth, dunnit?

Flattery will get you . . . . pre-incarnated as . . . . . . whoever you like really.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 06:31:44 AM »

Flattery will get you . . . . pre-incarnated as . . . . . . whoever you like really.

S'not really flattery if it's true though, is it?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 06:49:52 AM »

I believe in reincarnation.  I don't believe in the collective conscious.  I think we may be connected spiritually but not one in the same.  I firmly believe there are people in my life now who have been in my life before.  My ex is a prime example. 

When he was released from prison and they put us into the victim's assistance program we went to this place out in Immokalee to get papers for me and the kids.  It was in the basement of a church out there and there was this very old woman who was just sitting there.  I'd never seen her before.  She leans over and takes my hand and looks right at me and say "You're even now.  You don't owe him anything anymore.  This time you are free." 

My sister went out to find her after they had moved me and talked to this woman.  She told my sister that I had been trapped in a cycle with my ex for more lives than she could name and each time the guilt of his death drug me back to his side in the next life.  This time, he didn't die and I was free.

This woman had no idea who I was or what my situation was. What she said though, did give me the biggest sense of relief I've ever felt.
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »

Ok, I just love that, Khara.

Kind of reminds me of the whole idea of psychotherapy...learn to recognize the unhealthy pattern so you can learn to break the cycle...hmm...life as psychotherapy.  Interesting thought really.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 02:46:24 AM »

Ok, I just love that, Khara.

Kind of reminds me of the whole idea of psychotherapy...learn to recognize the unhealthy pattern so you can learn to break the cycle...hmm...life as psychotherapy.  Interesting thought really.
Those early Psychotherapists didn't pick classical Greek themes to describe those archetypes and behaviours by accident. Most of those patterns were recognised thousands of years ago, so much that myths were built around them. Narcissus, Oedipus, Electra, Priapus, they're all deep seated cultural memes, that have been repeating in one form or another for as long as mankind is old. All modern pscyhoanalysis does is re-quantify the major archetypal behavior patterns than have been culturally imprinted on us for millennia. They may not be immediately apparent, but they are still psychologically relevant. No matter how much we like to think we are free of the superstitious beliefs of our forbears, we are still the product of our ancestors, so it's expedient to be working within the rich mythical legacy they left us.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

wiccanfan

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »

my past life is called nathan halliwell
nathan

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

Not THE Nathan Halliwell?

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »

I believe in reincarnation.  I don't believe in the collective conscious.  I think we may be connected spiritually but not one in the same.  I firmly believe there are people in my life now who have been in my life before.  My ex is a prime example. 

When he was released from prison and they put us into the victim's assistance program we went to this place out in Immokalee to get papers for me and the kids.  It was in the basement of a church out there and there was this very old woman who was just sitting there.  I'd never seen her before.  She leans over and takes my hand and looks right at me and say "You're even now.  You don't owe him anything anymore.  This time you are free." 

My sister went out to find her after they had moved me and talked to this woman.  She told my sister that I had been trapped in a cycle with my ex for more lives than she could name and each time the guilt of his death drug me back to his side in the next life.  This time, he didn't die and I was free.

This woman had no idea who I was or what my situation was. What she said though, did give me the biggest sense of relief I've ever felt.

Thanks for sharing this.  8)

I have always liked your current avatar a lot.   :-p
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2012, 03:21:58 AM »

my past life is called nathan halliwell

Not THE Nathan Halliwell?

Nah - The OTHER Nathan Halliwell - Gerri Halliwell's useless half brother.

He was at one point hopeful of launching a solo pop-dance music career, riding on the coat tails of his famous sister, but an unsavoury encounter with Elton John in a backstage toilet cubicle left him with a nasty anal leakage problem which led to his ultimate demise at his own hands, when he attempted to gas himself with the kitchen range. Tragically, having run out of credit in the gas meter, he wasn't able to deliver himself a fatal dose and merely passed for a second, Upon recovering consciousness he saw the luck inherent in his close call and resolving to rebuild his shattered life (if not his shattered bowel)  he decided to ease his frayed nerves by lighting a cigarette.

The resultant blast saved London City Council a small fortune in demolition fees, flattening a good block and a half of a Hackney Housing estate already earmarked to be cleared out in the Olympics Demolition Project (Otherwise known as "The London Riots) and claiming the lives of not only the much maligned Nathan, but 12 neighbours, a smallish meth lab and a motley collection of feral cats who resided in the building's utility room.

arrowolf

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:55 AM »

I myself believe in past lives. I have never done any hypnosis or anything to see it. There was no grandeur or being of great importance. For me it came as a recurring dream since i was a child. It was a dream i had no control over, like i was watching everything happen. Anyway, the question i wanted to bring up with the past life ideal would be about deja vu. Do you think that some of the deja vu moments we have could simply be us replaying an event we had done in a previous life? Those moments when it seems very familiar, but not exactly the same.

On another note i just want to say thank you as being a member and able to read your posts and listening to different views and ideas has and is a blessing.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:22 PM »

Good to hear from you again Arrowolf , you should come around more often.

The deja vu things is a good point , will have to look into that some more . Lets see what others thing about it .

What do you thing ?.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »

I read an article about deja vu the other day. It seems parapsychologists think that deja vu has to do with reincarnation. It almost always occurs after the 2nd lifetime. How they could possibley
prove that I don't know.

Neurologists say the brain has epileptic episodes that are not detected with seizure activity. The
episodes last for approx. 1 second or less. Resulting in deja vu. Most people regularly have these
episodes and do not know it.
Others describe it as a false memory from a dream or movie, etc. A trick of the brain. For those of us that have deja vu we firmly believe we have been in the situation, done the same thing, etc. before. Not an unpleasant sensation, just odd to us that we remember it from some other
time in the past. Others believe it is something we have learned and has been stored deep in the
brain and triggered by a unknown episode.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »

Dr .Funkhouser claims that most people that experience deja vu are under the age of 25 . Be that as it may , do you think it could be memories from a pass life ?.

What could make someone have the experience in the first place , could it be the last thing they saw in life or something that traumatized them , something that was life changing ?.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 04:50:23 PM »

Nothing Is impossible. I still have deja vu and I'm older than 25 yrs. old. I think of it as a memory
that was put in the vault and reappeared . It's puzzling at times.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up