Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 30, 2014, 10:52:45 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: My bad, we bad...  (Read 3123 times)

dark magus

• Apple
My bad, we bad...
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »

Ya know. Something we all tend to forget from time to time is that "my" path is not "your" path.
When someone asks for advise on a matter, the first thing we need to understand is just what they believe in.

A Christian can ask advise of anyone, not really knowing what that persons beliefs are. But if that Christian is claiming they or their room is haunted, if we start smudging or casting circles or chanting (just examples) we could really freak them out and maybe make things worse. For them and us.

On a site such as this, it's a little less likely that a person asking a question isn't going to know they are asking wiccans, witch's or pagans for advise. But it's still a good idea to at least gain some insight into what concepts of belief are rattling around in that gourd sitting on their shoulders.

Random advise for the day!

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: My bad, we bad...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:53:29 AM »

So what do you suggest , a set of parameters for those joining to let us know what path they follow and what they expect from this site?.

" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »

LOL, a resonable introduction may give you some of the info you need and a few questions to the person before offering an opinion.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

Good way to start , problem is that lately to many here attack first then ask questions. Seems before you join you have to prove your not a troll. Damn good thing we do not judge others and can let all live in harmony with each other .

dark magus

• Apple
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »

Yeah....good thing!  ::)

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:17:23 PM »

Well the mods could impose a penalty on those that jump on newbies or other members , a TU  or beheading ; which ever works ?.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »

LOL, a resonable introduction may give you some of the info you need and a few questions to the person before offering an opinion.

Indeed.  That, coupled with a cursory reading of an ENTIRE post before posting an abrasive comment would be nice.

The "thwacking of mousies" of today bears little resemblance to the days of yore, here.  To include the sentiments of another thread or two, the asking of "simple" questions, (and then being an eedjit when responded to...in ANY manner), is something that hies back to those days.

I DO, however, MUCH prefer that issues be brought to our attention,(via PM or the "report" link), for our discussion and intervention when required.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

SilverMoon

• Fir
  • Listen before touching, believe before speaking...
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »

Well, I see that some things do not change...only evolve.  ;)

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought our main objective was to "harm no one."  Isn't this a site whereby we can be ourselves, learn, and allthewhile be an example, hopefully, to others?  Wait, was my absence due to being in a time warp?  Black hole?  I must have eaten too many mushrooms during my recovery! HA!

In all seriousness, how in the world can we make others see that we are connected to Spirit when there is infighting and/or disrespect within?  I fully understand we are human...well, most of us, but come on.  Stop attacking, projecting, and/or hating.  Folks, in our histories...we have suffered so...let's not continue that.  Let us be the healers we are meant to be.

And, I am glad to see our moderators actively involved in dealing with past and present issues.  Rock on!

SM

Hearkening her beckoning call, I gladly ran into her arms forevermore...

Doom Monkey

• Birch
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »

This?  Again?

Really?

And for the record, not all of us believe in the "And it harm none" line.  Some of us believe in the "Do whatever it takes" ideal.

I'll be honest, as I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis for being mean to the n00bs, added to y'all discussing this all over the board about how "some people" are running off the n00bs or calling troll or whatever.  I'm going to take this personally and you know what?  Last straw gentlemen. 

You win. 
"Tis a human trait to hate one you have wronged" - Seneca
I am responsible for what I write and say. I am not responsible for what you read or understand.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »

Well, I see that some things do not change...only evolve.  ;)

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought our main objective was to "harm no one."  Isn't this a site whereby we can be ourselves, learn, and allthewhile be an example, hopefully, to others?  Wait, was my absence due to being in a time warp?  Black hole?  I must have eaten too many mushrooms during my recovery! HA!

In all seriousness, how in the world can we make others see that we are connected to Spirit when there is infighting and/or disrespect within?  I fully understand we are human...well, most of us, but come on.  Stop attacking, projecting, and/or hating.  Folks, in our histories...we have suffered so...let's not continue that.  Let us be the healers we are meant to be.

And, I am glad to see our moderators actively involved in dealing with past and present issues.  Rock on!

SM

Spirit doesn't need to be wishy washy. The goddess is kickarse when she needs to be  - they all quake at her ire when they're the subject of it.

I don't see why her daughters should be shrinking violets in the face of antagonism. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure she'd be ticked off if they were.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »

Spirit doesn't need to be wishy washy. The goddess is kickarse when she needs to be  - they all quake at her ire when they're the subject of it.

I don't see why her daughters should be shrinking violets in the face of antagonism. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure she'd be ticked off if they were.

Yes she would be ticked off because she has taught us to stand tall and true and to protect her
when needed. Which is all that Khara and SE were doing. None of us are shrinking violets as you already know.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Bri

• Fir
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 08:10:25 PM »

I am back its Bri
Bri

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »

Oh hello Bri.

Still hamming it up are we?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »

hi bri
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »

He's gone away.

Must be feeling inferior shy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up