Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 21, 2014, 09:07:50 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Examination of Agnosticism  (Read 350 times)

spyderjem

• Fir
  • Merry Meet!
Re: Examination of Agnosticism
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:34 PM »

Fascinating thread.

Yay Over-Analyzers! Go Over-Analyzers! waves pom poms. (We keep the world complicated!) lol

Is there a word for someone who believes:  Nothing can be conclusively proven, therefore nothing can be known for sure
                                                                All possibilities exist in one form or another ("believing" something makes it "real" to you)
                                                                Yet still "knows" (personally) that Deity exists
??

For me, "proof" would be seeing the whole history of Deity, humans, and the interaction between the two with my own eyes. Yeah, I know not gonna happen. (At least not likely.)
Defying Classification:
           I am nothing that I am and everything that I am not           
                        I am me and me is who I must be!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 08:30:37 AM »

Fascinating thread.

Yay Over-Analyzers! Go Over-Analyzers! waves pom poms. (We keep the world complicated!) lol

Is there a word for someone who believes:  Nothing can be conclusively proven, therefore nothing can be known for sure
                                                                All possibilities exist in one form or another ("believing" something makes it "real" to you)
                                                                Yet still "knows" (personally) that Deity exists
??

For me, "proof" would be seeing the whole history of Deity, humans, and the interaction between the two with my own eyes. Yeah, I know not gonna happen. (At least not likely.)

We can never see all of anything in this one lifetime. If you believe in reincarnation you have seen bits and pieces. We are not
often given the chance to connect the dots. Who can say what we have learned in past lives about our relationship with Deity?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »

Do you think there is ever going to be a time when we will know it all?

If we carry that that we have learned into Summerland, what happens to that learning once we reincarnate into another life?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »

If we carry that that we have learned into Summerland, what happens to that learning once we reincarnate into another life?

Check out "Rules for the Human Experience", at
http://www.execonn.com/matt/Docs/RULES.htm

Especially Rule 14: "You will forget all of this!"

Yay Over-Analyzers! Go Over-Analyzers! waves pom poms. (We keep the world complicated!)

Ever glanced at an advanced physics textbook? Page after page of triple integrals, non-linear algebraic equations, Hilbert spaces, Riemannian matrices..... And that's just the introduction....

Of course, it could all be just an illusion, I suppose.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:06 AM »

Yeah but what happens to all that knowledge in the meantime? while you're away living your next life. Does it just disappear off into the ether? or is it stored onto some form of celestial flash drive?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »

I keep mine???? What did I do with it? ::) ;D
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 09:25:26 PM »

I was going to post, but felt decidedly ambivalent...
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 10:15:42 PM »

Yeah but what happens to all that knowledge in the meantime? while you're away living your next life. Does it just disappear off into the ether? or is it stored onto some form of celestial flash drive?

Celestial flash drive .... isn't that what they call the Akashic Records?

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Celestrial

• Pine
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 01:34:28 AM »

Over-Analyzer well why is it when a child does nothing but asks questions and says "WHY" All the time and just wants to learn and analyze things is this annoying yes but acceptable, but as adults this is wrong...well frowned upon.

I do believe in deities but that is my belief as i feel i have had prove (again my feelings) but again i feel that no we cannot be certain of them existing nor prove it. I cannot for certain say i am either agnostic or theism, i believe some things but not others. I probably lean towards Theism more though.

But i do sometimes tend towards (as you mentioned Drac) that we could be living in a major matrix and so what i feel and believe would be totally different to what others feel and see (believe), but if we are like that who is running the matrix, is it someone in the world or an adjoining world, then if an adjoining world would they not be deities of some sort.

I guess we cannot truly know for certain what is among us and around us, and who are we to say who is right and who is wrong, that is ones opinion. To truly know for certain, would this be a blessing or a curse, and would your life be more fulfilling to know these things for certain, and also if we knew for certain then what would their still be to learn in this life?

But this is just my opinion :-)
True beauty is within
To feel the power of nature at its worse, is also the most amazing sight.
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.. Eckhart Tolle

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:04 PM »

Over-Analyzer well why is it when a child does nothing but asks questions and says "WHY" All the time and just wants to learn and analyze things is this annoying yes but acceptable, but as adults this is wrong...well frowned upon.

Beats me altogether. All my formal qualifications are in science and engineering, so asking "why?" is just part of the job. Why, when we mix these two chemicals together, does the mixture give off heat? Why did that diagonal strut fracture just at that point? Why don't negatively charged electrons collapse into the positively charged nucleus?? Why is there Something rather than Nothing??? ....and on, and on.....                                                                                                 
But i do sometimes tend towards (as you mentioned Drac) that we could be living in a major matrix ...... but if we are like that who is running the matrix, is it someone in the world or an adjoining world, then if an adjoining world would they not be deities of some sort.

I suppose a case could be made for that point of view!

Alchymist.

Celestrial

• Pine
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »

[I suppose a case could be made for that point of view!]

Well yeah but then that is altogether another thread, and i'm not starting one lol

don't we all, as humans, ask questions and ask "why"! If not then we do not learn and we just
wonder through life aimlessly, well guess some people do live like that lol...
True beauty is within
Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.. Eckhart Tolle

Celestrial

• Pine
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:52 PM »

ok still learning how to quote lol
True beauty is within
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up