Nuked
Welcome, Guest
June 27, 2016, 04:13:42 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wisdom  (Read 129 times)

spirit

• Fir
Wisdom
« on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:17 PM »

Everything in life is give and take...when you give something in life always expect something back...if that means growth in some way...to not expect something back when you give something is to say your worthless...to take something from someone..always be humbled and ready to learn something and give back in some way...this process must continue.

Please pray for my family...
Thankyou

oldghost

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 06:08:52 AM »

Spirit , if you do something for others , you should do it out of love and kindness and because you cars not so you can get something in return . The very act of helping is reward enough . To do otherwise is to show that praise or reward is what you want and not that you truly care . If you do something and get nothing back nor that you want anything shows your caring and that means you are special .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »

Very true og. To give anonymously gives me great satisfaction, that removes all expectations of receiving anything in return. In the scheme of things all good that we do in this world comes back to us, in one way or the other. To expect something in return can lead to great disappointment.

Blessings
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

spirit

• Fir
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:00:18 PM »

Its human nature to resent someone when you dont get something back in return. Trust me! To say you wont feel stupid when you cant constantly be charitable is naive. Your not god. Be fair to god to yourself and other people. That is realistic! We all are put here on earth to learn. If your not expecting to learn anything in life and just be careless with what you put inthe world or give out...your just asking for it! Dissappointment...

Amberhawk

• Rowan
  • Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »

Couple things... I do agree we are here to learn but I cant agree to expect something in return is human nature. I have come to an age of realizing its more human nature to take without giving. It's a hard lesson that people will take from you without bothering to consider returning favors. With that in mind how can it possibly be human nature to expect something in return when so many take without giving? To give back is something that is taught, and few are taught such things these days.
The other thing is not everyone in the pagan community believes in gods as actual entities but more ideas or symbols.
Mom, Wife, homemaker, and Eclectic Pagan Spiritualist for 20+ years.

spirit

• Fir
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »

Love...life...is about give and take...cooperation with one another...life ends when we stop the respect of gove snd take...over time were supposed to get better at it. People who dont know how to give back...need to learn to. Thankyou for your response.

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 06:36:21 AM »

Sorry, I don't agree with you Spirit. I was taught to love my fellow man. By doing kind things for them without expecting anything in return. This is being selfless and in the Christian belief... "God like".

If the person doing the act of kindness, or giving something to someone, believes they deserve something in return. That person is being selfish, and need to learn the lesson of giving with an open heart. For in giving of ones self is the only true way to know happiness and love.

BB! MW
Blessed Be!

oldghost

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »

Spirit , if one only help because they expect something in return then they are not giving with kindness but only greed . Would you feed a strafing child and expect them to feed you ?. To do and act of kindness is a reward in itself . Anonymously is how I like to do things . My reward is feeling that I care enough to help .

If those you help always treat you with disrespect then it's time to stop helping them and stay away from them . Those that have true love for you don't care if they get something from you or not .

Value the friendship not what you can get from the friend .
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 10:16:08 AM »

Spirit , if one only help because they expect something in return then they are not giving with kindness but only greed . Would you feed a strafing child and expect them to feed you ?. To do and act of kindness is a reward in itself . Anonymously is how I like to do things . My reward is feeling that I care enough to help .

If those you help always treat you with disrespect then it's time to stop helping them and stay away from them . Those that have true love for you don't care if they get something from you or not .

Value the friendship not what you can get from the friend .

I totally agree with you og. Have a GREAT day everyone!!! BB! MW
Blessed Be!
Pages: [1]   Go Up