Nuked
Welcome, Guest
May 22, 2015, 12:04:57 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Soul or Ancient Soul  (Read 840 times)

Alchymist

• Cypress
Re: Old Soul or Ancient Soul
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 11:12:50 PM »

....... the same goes for the four horsemen of the apocalypse. In my last story I have one of them as a woman.

In "Good Omens", by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are brought up to (20th century) date as the Four Bikers of the Apocalypse. One of them, known as Red (also known as War) is a beautiful red-haired woman. In the same book there are also what one might call the Four Children of the Apocalypse, one of whom, Pepper, is a spunky eleven-year-old girl.

From Wikipedia:
The word "shaman" probably originates from the Tungusic Evenki language of North Asia, specifically for the spirit-workers in these cultures.

The word Shaman refers to both male and female spirit workers; the plural is usually Shamans. Yet I've seen oddities such as "shawoman" used for a female shaman, and "shamen" as a plural, from people who should know better - including some who claim to be teachers of traditional Shamanism. After that, it's hard to take seriously anything they say.

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 07:23:03 AM »

Do you think a woman Shaman would be a Sheman?

No.  According to the last Pagan Pride Day I attended, the person in question would be a Shamyn.
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

Imhotep

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »

Alchymist,
'tis true no matter what a person writes, how out there that person might think he or she is being there is usually someone who has written the same sort of thing. I'll have to get a copy of Good Omens.
Never trust an entity with red eyes, unless of course their swimming pool has to much chlorine in it.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »

Do you think a woman Shaman would be a Sheman?

No.  According to the last Pagan Pride Day I attended, the person in question would be a Shamyn.

Ah, no. Some things are just too terrible to even contemplate. The ears crackle, the eyes bleed, every dog in a ten mile radius howls and covers his ears with his paws; Stonehenge and the Pyramids crumble into dust, civilization trembles, the whole planet wobbles out of its orbit and goes careering wildly through the solar system.......

....... On other days it just rains.

Blessed Be all you shamans, shamen, shawomen, shamyns, shamoons....... :o :o :o :o :o

Alchymist. 
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2015, 05:58:55 AM »

There were TWO covens of Dianics at the last "Pride" I went to.  My brother, (painfully R. Cath., but also painfully tolerant), still refers to it as the day we attended "yoni fest" with a bunch of womyn...
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

empty6

• Cypress
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2015, 08:26:49 AM »

Ah, no. Some things are just too terrible to even contemplate. The ears crackle, the eyes bleed, every dog in a ten mile radius howls and covers his ears with his paws; Stonehenge and the Pyramids crumble into dust, civilization trembles, the whole planet wobbles out of its orbit and goes careering wildly through the solar system.......

....... On other days it just rains.

Blessed Be all you shamans, shamen, shawomen, shamyns, shamoons....... :o :o :o :o :o

Alchymist.
haha I like shamoon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up