Nuked
Welcome, Guest
March 29, 2015, 02:22:41 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Adam and Eve Paradigm  (Read 154 times)

Alchymist

• Cypress
Re: The Adam and Eve Paradigm
« Reply #30 on: Today at 02:16:05 AM »

Wonder how the snake got into the garden in the first place .

Slithered straight in through the main gate, I would think. It wasn't until after Adam and Eve ate the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, realized they no longer needed to be Yahweh's slaves and left to find knowledge and wisdom on their own terms, that the Kerubim with Flaming Swords were posted at the gate to keep the riffraff out.

Ashe, I picked up "The Screwtape Letters" in a second-hand bookstore about a year ago and haven't got around to reading it yet; it's on my list. We must remember Lewis was a Christian, if a bit of an eccentric one. Haven't come across the Twain book yet.

"Lucifer" of course, was never a devil to begin with. The word "lucifer", is the Latin Vulgate translation of the Hebrew word "helel" or "heylel". In English it would be "light bringer", or perhaps more accurately "herald of dawn", and originally referred to the planet Venus, as the Morning Star. Exactly how the Love Goddess Venus (equivalent to the Greek Aphrodite) became the (male) Prince of Devils Lucifer, is just another of those theological slanders that the Mediaeval churchmen have inflicted on this poor ravaged planet and its deluded inhabitants.

Imhotep, I think you might have difficulty locating the Garden of Eden as a physical place on this planet. Of the four rivers that supposedly flow out of it, one is the Euphrates which rises in the Caucasus, the Pishon has been identified as the Ganges with its source in the Himalayas, and the Gihon or Geon is supposed to be the Nile!!! Hundreds of explorers have gone searching for the Garden for thousands of years, so far without success. The Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge is not identified in the Book of Genesis specifically as an apple; apples, in mythology, tend to have ambiguous associations. One remembers the three apples that the athlete Hippomenes used to cheat Atalanta out of her victory in their foot race, and the Apple of Discord inscribed "kallisti" ("for the fairest one") which the Goddess Eris, miffed that she hadn't been invited, threw into Zeus's celebration; the goddesses Hera, Athena and Aphrodite all claimed it, a spat which led eventually to the Trojan War.

A merry tale, if true, one must agree. Blessed Be everyone,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up