Welcome, Guest
October 10, 2015, 11:06:02 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How we view Deity  (Read 21 times)

Emerald Spring

• Meṁber
  • Alder
  • Things get better every day.
How we view Deity
« on: October 09, 2015, 07:47:05 AM »

So I've looked around at a lot of books and seen many different people who view the deities in different ways. I've focused my studies on Wiccan books and materials so that is where I've seen this. In the books I've read people view goddess and god slightly differently but usually have the same basic definition: The primal male and female energies that embody all that exist in the world and can be called by many names. Thing is I prefer to view the Deities I worship in a more traditional manner and see them as a few of many gods; However I also see them in the other way too, to me they embody specific entities as well as the core male and female energies. So I guess what I'm trying to say is are there other people that do what I'm doing? And how do you view the gods?

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: How we view Deity
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:52:26 AM »

You should get many answers to your question . So many people view things in similar ways but with their own slant on what and how they believe . Gender does not play a major role in how I believe , I see the nature aspect of the deities I speak with and how they react with the world or situation at the time . Like when I go fishing on a boat I ask the deity of water to lessen the waves while asking the deity of Orca to go someplace else and not eat all the fish . If I'm fishing from shore I'll as the deity of the sea lions to drive the fish into the water where I am casting . Yes I fish a lot .

To me all depends on what I am doing at the time , I call the deity that I feel can aid me the most .  It also depends on what path one follows . When I work with nature I follow the Shamanic path most of the times . When I'm not inter reacting with fauna and just flora I'll follow a more Druidic path . To each their own ways.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.
Pages: [1]   Go Up