Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 24, 2014, 04:00:46 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: From the forests to the .. desert?  (Read 1095 times)

Carbon

• Holly
Re: From the forests to the .. desert?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 04:55:09 PM »

Well .. I'm in phoenix..

blue skies is already making me depressed  ::)

or perhaps its the fact that my box with my crystals and tarot and some books went missing during the move :(

thankfully my bos was in another box

nature was going crazy when we moved though - the night we packed the truck we had 50-55 mph winds (trees in my front yard and neighborhood were uprooted and knocked over), rain, lightning / thunder AND to top it all off an earthquake the next morning.   Talk about goin out with a bang :P

And keysol - PM me with the general area in phoenix you live in? :D im in north phoenix / cave creek area

Keysol

• Ash
  • "Words without thoughts never to heaven go"
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »

Well surely you have appreciated the rainy weather over the past few days? We had a nice bit of rain going on. The Universe must have been welcoming you to your new home.

I live east of Phoenix, in the Queen Creek area.
"We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far." Swami Vivekananda

Carbon

• Holly
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »

yes! i have loved the last day or two :P  first few days here was blue skies  but last couple have been cloudy and rainy and i've been happy to see it :)

Definitely appreciated it :)

now .. if only i could find my tarot and crystals :(

Lilitir

• Elm
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 09:30:12 AM »

Lived in Phoenix area most of my life.  Theres some awesome areas you can still find nature the Desert botanical garden,dreamy draw park, just to name a couple.  I suggested climbing a mountian,north soth camelback whatever.  Just PACK WATER!!!!!!!!!!  And welcome to the kiln :)

Carbon

• Holly
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 11:20:43 PM »

ive been on top of south mountain many of times :P my ex an i used to go up to the top and sit there watching the sunset and the lights across the valley light up (awww i know :P)

I'm REALLY trying to adjust to the desert -again-  and while it's "different" than the past - i still miss my home (the northwest :P). but I wasn't aware of how blind I was when i was younger about the life in the desert - A few walks through the desert here have changed my opinion on that aspect and being able to do things like esbats / etc outdoors is something new to me as well.  so while its definitely out of my comfort zone - I am somewhat enjoying the new discoveries :)

is the desert botanical garden man made?  I have a weird thing about those types of things :P  to me it's not really the same if it's a man made 'tourist' attraction.  Not that I'm discrediting it because I know some people really enjoy them - but to me I'd rather walk through the open desert / woods / swamp / whatever is nearby to observe nature in its natural form :P  (plus its free that way too )

Carbon

• Holly
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 02:57:27 PM »

it's raining!  ;D

Today is a good day :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up