Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 17, 2014, 04:37:50 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traditional Paganism  (Read 4937 times)

cedhawk

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Be careful what you wish cuz u might get it ...
Re: Traditional Paganism
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »

another good links to help me through. ;D
tnx.
A living thing cannot always be defined by merely its appearance. Every existence has its own purpose and significance. Without exception, everything is special.

A real wise person uses but few hard words. A smatterer one thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things. :)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 11:26:47 PM »

Here another one for you cedhawk.       http:// www. croswwinds.net/~wolfbane/ welcome . html .   
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »

Part 3 of that series is missing from that uploader now - but I found another link for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sFdRV3gkUQ
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

cedhawk

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Be careful what you wish cuz u might get it ...
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »

oldghost tnx.. i'll check it out. :)
A living thing cannot always be defined by merely its appearance. Every existence has its own purpose and significance. Without exception, everything is special.

A real wise person uses but few hard words. A smatterer one thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things. :)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »

Anytime ..............
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Mystik Witch

• Willow
  • What you think about, you bring about!
    • Deb Lindsay Studios
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »

Herein you will find one of the best references for traditional pre-Christian Paganism I've ever seen; it was off the web for awhile, but at least for now, it's available again.  Check it out....

Traditional Paganism

Hi everyone,
Sorry this is so long winded. I have been reading on the traditional paganism website regarding the difference between the two religions. I am wondering and pondering how either one would, (for lack of a better term), fit with me. Can someone please tell me how I would go about deciding which of these religions (if either) I would follow based on the following ideas. I don't want someone to choose one for me. I am just confused as to know how I would decide because there are parts of each that fit very well. You see, when I read the differences between these two religions. I feel drawn to both. Yet both have others I am not drawn to. So I am confused as to how I would know which would be right.

Where I live there are no covens. So there would not be an initiation. I would be a solitary wicca. But I don't agree with all the traditions of a Wicca. I am not pagan by birth, marriage, or invitation. And there are traditions of the Pagan I don't agree with either. With that being said, I have come up with these questions:

Question #1. Can you be part of both Wicca and Pagan, as one religion?

Question #2. Is it possible to do rituals during the day, even for the nightly rituals? This is the only time of day I have to myself that I can practice without prying eyes. As well as, I would need to do these indoors. I am not alone at night and my spouse does not believe in these teachings. He frowns on these ways. So to practice the rituals, phases of the moon and seasons, it is next to impossible at night. (Please don't think I am trying to be difficult, I'm not, just frustrated!).

Question #3.  Do you have to celebrate the phases of the moon and season in order to be a Wiccan or Pagan? I can't find anything about this, and due to the fact I can only practice during the daylight hours. It is very hard to celebrate or enjoy the night time rituals when they are suppose to be celebrated.

I hope no one takes offense of what I have asked, or thinks I am just another individual not wanting to study and learn for myself. I have searched the internet and the forum for the answers to my questions. I have not found them. I would love to be more involved in all aspects of Wiccan, paganism, or whatever religion is right for me. It just doesn't seem like either of these two religions are correct. If there is another type of religion that I am over looking. Would you please tell me so I can study and learn and make my decision? I understand, no one here is willing to tell others what to do. I just am lost as to where to turn from here. For most of my life I've been searching for what is right for me, (that uses similar concepts and beliefs, i.e. beliefs in the Godess and God, magick, castings, seasons, rites, etc. Yet is practiced in the daylight hours and is by a solitary witch). I am not aware of any other kind of religion that uses these teaching other then Wiccan or Paganism. Are there any? If so please tell me!!! I will be happy to study them too.

Thank you for your patience with me. I apologize if I have offended anyone by asking questions that might have already been asked. I promise I won't bother you anymore about this subject.

Blessings to all!
Blessed Be!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 11:52:55 AM »

You are asking a similar question to this; "Should I be a Baptist or a Christian?" Christian is a blanket name for the related religions like Baptist.

Similarly, Pagan is a blanket term for Wicca, Witchcraft, Druidism, Asatru and many other earth based religions. Paganism is not entirely by itself a religion per se.

Being a Pagan is following an Earth/Nature based path, it could be any of those I have mentioned and you may not yet know which path you are to follow. That is okay though, you can just carry on as you are, study and research and eventually your path will reveal itself to you when the time is right.

Not sure where the "night time rituals" is coming from, not every pagan is night oriented. many do their thing in daytime as normal some do both.

Being a solitary is equally acceptable as being coven oriented also, I myself am Solitary and will probably always be. Being Pagan is a life choice, you don't have to be born to it, or married into it. if you feel a good fit worshipping Nature in all her splendour, or Goddess and God together, then that is the way you should go. As you progress you will learn more and more about it and things will fall more comfortably into place, and possibly including your path.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Mystik Witch

• Willow
    • Deb Lindsay Studios
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »

Draco,
As usual, you have calmed my fears. Thank you very much. As for the night time rituals. I was referring to the ceremonies to the moon during Sabbat and others alike. Still, you have answered my questions. I am going to continue as I am and see where my path leads me.

Blessings to you!
Blessed Be!

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 12:33:32 PM »

Blessings to you also.

You are obviously very young on your path so I wouldn't be expecting too much from yourself. There is so very much to be learned, you will find that all of us, no matter how far along we are, are still learning. The pursuit is long and sometimes difficult, but don't let that sway you, it is an enjoyable curve and we all advance at our own rates. there are no exams, no tests, and there are no time limits. Each step you take is a step further forward.

I understand what you mean now by night rituals, by all means celebrate the moon in all her aspects but you will find that not all practitioners work by the moon, and those who do usually are happier to work by night. It doesn't mean you have to be sat up until the wee small hours of course, just be aware of her cycle and use those in the rituals you perform that require them. The day of the full moon is in essence the same as the night of the full moon and can be used similarly; remember quite often she can be seen during daylight hours.

As far as practising any rituals, I strongly advise keeping them very minor until you have taken the time to study and understand them fully; what they are for, how to perform them, shielding, and most importantly, understanding what the outcomes may be, especially if you do something wrong.  This is not an admonition, I encourage you to learn, but be aware.... read, read, read.... and when you have read all you can, read more.... ;) ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Mystik Witch

• Willow
    • Deb Lindsay Studios
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »

Blessings to you also.

As far as practising any rituals, I strongly advise keeping them very minor until you have taken the time to study and understand them fully; what they are for, how to perform them, shielding, and most importantly, understanding what the outcomes may be, especially if you do something wrong.  This is not an admonition, I encourage you to learn, but be aware.... read, read, read.... and when you have read all you can, read more.... ;) ;D

Thank you very much. I do appreciate all your advise and knowledge. Yes I have a long way to go but what a journey its going to be!!!! One I look forward to taking. Thank you again, and YES, I will read, read, READ, and then read some more!
Thank you! ;D
Blessed Be!

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »

what helped me is to open a new file, write down notes from books or forums that resonated w/ me.  it gave me a clear pic of what I believed.  not what was 'true' or what other ppl would say of how things should be,  it started my BOS, eventually. a witch I knew told me that- best advice ever.
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Mystik Witch

• Willow
    • Deb Lindsay Studios
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2014, 06:54:25 AM »

what helped me is to open a new file, write down notes from books or forums that resonated w/ me.  it gave me a clear pic of what I believed.  not what was 'true' or what other ppl would say of how things should be,  it started my BOS, eventually. a witch I knew told me that- best advice ever.

That's actually really funny cause that is exactly what I have done. Great minds think alike!!!!  ;D

Thank you very much for all of  your advise. This has been very helpful and insightful. It has helped me to know I am actually on the right path. That there is really no set way to begin or to end, and that I am not wrong in my pursuit or in my interests. It is so wonderful to know I will find my way as it is suppose to be for ME! So here I go, onward and upward!!!!

Thanks again!!!!! Blessings!  :D
Blessed Be!

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »

That's actually really funny cause that is exactly what I have done. Great minds think alike!!!!  ;D

Thank you very much for all of  your advise. This has been very helpful and insightful. It has helped me to know I am actually on the right path. That there is really no set way to begin or to end, and that I am not wrong in my pursuit or in my interests. It is so wonderful to know I will find my way as it is suppose to be for ME! So here I go, onward and upward!!!!

Thanks again!!!!! Blessings!  :D

Rather than seeking from other paths, why not just write down a page of exactly what you believe, in relation to gods, the universe, personal interactions, and spiritual truths.  A path that is an extension of those beliefs is always a far better choice than deciding to believe something.

I'm not talking religions here, but core spiritual beliefs; if you're not sure, look for the answer within, not without....
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
~Thomas Paine

Valerie

• Oak
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »

Just reading thru the posts...still looking x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up