Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2014, 08:40:25 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earth-Based Paths List  (Read 1880 times)

Darlita

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • My Essence On the World
Earth-Based Paths List
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »

Hello, I'm an eclectic witch looking for a certain path, but need a list of paths.
I'm really into green witchcraft, but whatever earth-based paths you can list, would be great. Thank you and blessed be

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
Re: Earth-Based Paths List
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »

Wicca
Druidism
Asatru
Shamanism
Native American Paths

To name a few.  Generally you could include most religions that would fall under the Pagan umbrello.

If you put earth based religions into your search engine you will probably find what you are looking for. :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:50:26 PM by Earthbound Spirit »
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Darlita

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

I did google, not very helpful. I wanted a more elaborate list, perhaps some detail. I feel like just starting a new path based on holistic living and worshipping nature's characters themselves (moon, planets, sun, earth, trees)
Thank you for your help!

Wicca
Druidism
Asatru
Shamanism
Native American Paths

To name a few.  Generally you could include most religions that would fall under the Pagan umbrello.

If you put earth based religions into your search engine you will probably find what you are looking for. :)

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

Lists are fairly useless objects I find. Unless you're engaged in grocery shopping or stocktake.

Have you tried widening your reading at all, to open up a few doors of perception to you, as it were?

There are quite a few good lists on this site of places you might begin to do that. Newbie Haven is the best place to start looking for them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:23:48 PM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

based on what you said you're looking for I might suggest researching the druidic and/or shamanic paths. Even if you don't feel that they're right for you after you've done it, you'll have more of a feel for exactly what it is that you're looking for.

My personal belief is to consider all paths as valid options. And also, remember that you're not stuck on one path once you've started down it... you could always find an impass which blocks your way, and then decide that another path might better suit you!

Good journey, and Blessed Be
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 07:28:24 PM »

I suggest you meditate and open yourself up to being lead to the right path. Look through the book list in the Newbie section. Trust me, the path you are meant to walk will reveal itself in due time. You may THINK you're ready, but the God & Goddess may see otherwise.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

stitchd the God And Goddess will point the way if you can quiet your thoughts about what you think you want. Let them help you.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Darlita

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »

Exactly my thoughts, thought I would post and see if there's any new paths/religions out there I havent researched or heard of. Shamanism is one path I love to research, probably look more deep into it.

I do consider all paths valid, BUT I was thinking of settling down than letting my thoughts and beliefs be a whole spectrum of possibilities. Too much chaos, want to stick with just one path. I do see that that may not happen though haha. Thank you for your wisdom.

based on what you said you're looking for I might suggest researching the druidic and/or shamanic paths. Even if you don't feel that they're right for you after you've done it, you'll have more of a feel for exactly what it is that you're looking for.

My personal belief is to consider all paths as valid options. And also, remember that you're not stuck on one path once you've started down it... you could always find an impass which blocks your way, and then decide that another path might better suit you!

Good journey, and Blessed Be

Darlita

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »

If you could recommend books that would be great. And, yes I will be looking at the newbie haven, thank you.

Lists are fairly useless objects I find. Unless you're engaged in grocery shopping or stocktake.

Have you tried widening your reading at all, to open up a few doors of perception to you, as it were?

There are quite a few good lists on this site of places you might begin to do that. Newbie Haven is the best place to start looking for them.

Darlita

• Meṁber
  • Elm
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »

Yes patience is key. I recently started going crazy with studying, now that I can bring wicca/shamanism/etc books home (Moved out of christian mothers house, yay!)

Meditation, will do. Everyday I find some time to quiet my thoughts. Thank you.

I suggest you meditate and open yourself up to being lead to the right path. Look through the book list in the Newbie section. Trust me, the path you are meant to walk will reveal itself in due time. You may THINK you're ready, but the God & Goddess may see otherwise.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »

If you could recommend books that would be great. And, yes I will be looking at the newbie haven, thank you.

In the Newbie Haven a list has already been created for recommended books to read. Without knowing what specifically you are looking for, I can't make suggestions. I don't follow any of those paths, I am Wiccan.....there are others more knowledgeable than I.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »

Exactly my thoughts, thought I would post and see if there's any new paths/religions out there I havent researched or heard of. Shamanism is one path I love to research, probably look more deep into it.

I do consider all paths valid, BUT I was thinking of settling down than letting my thoughts and beliefs be a whole spectrum of possibilities. Too much chaos, want to stick with just one path. I do see that that may not happen though haha. Thank you for your wisdom.

Darlita, you will be following one path...you're own, and that's a wonderful thing. Do not let a book or a group of spiritual philosophy decide who you are. You decide who you are. If it turns out that one specific pathway of paganism is right for you, that's fine. If not, that's fine too. Just remember, even if all of our paths are not exactly the same, we'll still be walking down the same road together. You are never alone. Blessings.  :)

Melannmarie

• Fir
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »

I totally agree with naturalpaganmomma. I spent hours and lots of money on books and guides to the various paths. What I found out was that the more I read the less I knew. I then decided that I would be an eclectic mix of several. There are several aspects of many paths that I liked and could identify with. There is no wrong way to go, all are equally valid in their own way. As long as your intention is pure you are on the right path.
The earth is our temple, its plants and creatures our partners and teachers---Edain McCoy

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.---Han Solo

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »

I think Darlita has gone away . How it going NPM , did you have a good thanksgiving , hows the family .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.
Pages: [1]   Go Up