Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 25, 2014, 05:19:53 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Since it has seemed to be popping up lately.....  (Read 720 times)

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
Since it has seemed to be popping up lately.....
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »

I came across this o Facebook and thought I would share. Hopefully this is the right place, although I COULD see it in Newbies or Pagan Q&A......

http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/PaganCommunity/tp/Ten-Things-To-Stop-Doing-If-You-Are-Pagan.htm
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

ForestFaith

• Meṁber
  • Willow
Re: Since it has seemed to be popping up lately.....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:52:43 PM »

Great post!

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »

new version of the same garbage you’ve been reading for thirty years.
^^^^^^
ETA: That's a stray line from the text - above what I wanted to copy. I did not call your post garbage Aly...sorry if you or anyone thought I had done. I am just a careless copy paster.

Oopsie.

xxx

Stop Neglecting the Natural World

If you’re someone who follows a nature- or earth-based religion, it stands to reason that the natural world should be, at least to some degree, sacred. While it doesn’t necessarily mean we’re all out in the forest worshiping rocks and stumps, it does mean that we should have the decency to treat our natural world with some respect.

Become environmentally conscious and aware. Even if you simply focus on the patch of earth you live on, or your immediate area, rather than on a global level, it’s a start. Take care of the land on which you live.

LMAO.

How apt in the light of a post I just spent over an hour writing and editing in another thread.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:13:57 PM by Scorched Eartha »
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »

Thanks Aly.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »

Not a problem.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »

Great post from Alyceavary, I read through it and used it as a mental check. I am happy to say I only seem to be falling short on one particular issue. Having been brought up in the Christian faith, I find that much of it has been instilled in me, and I admit that I sometimes find it a little obstructive. In my introduction post I stated that I was always afraid that I may be offending God, this still creeps up on me and unbalances me, but I would say this is only to be expected having had the Christian faith drummed into me for so long. When I was young it seemed there was only black and white, good and bad, and there were no other alternatives to these extremes.

Other times though I'm just fine..... ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up