Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 30, 2014, 08:10:09 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethical Light Side/ Dark Side quandry  (Read 3653 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Ethical Light Side/ Dark Side quandry
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »

Like Marisol said you must stay remember this old saying " you can make crazy people mad their already nuts"  JRFN 8/27/12 at 02:10 pm . So stay that's and order and the drinks are on Marisol .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »

Crazy today, might mean something completely different in 2 or 3 decades time.

For instance, In '69, people were saying Charlie Manson was totally crazy, and just look at him now!
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »

Looks and act like one of my neighbors.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »

i am not going anywhere.  i just moved topics.  i am back to looking for work.  and having some trouble getting out from my past.  i am completely stressed out from the situation from  both j and b.  and keep shooting myself in the foot.  if i break out in hives one more time, i am not sure i will have any skin left.

i am just tired of feeling drained from the toxic experience at work.  it takes hours at the end of the day to begin feeling... normal again.  even with candle rits and cleansing rits.  i feel like weeping all the time or like i am completely numb.

but at the same time, i am allowing myself to change.  each day brings a new dynamic or subtle shift. 

i am always here for you.  i just don't debate.  i am not knocking anyone else.  i just believe in quoting life, not a book.  i have been reading a lot of posts and sharing marshmellows and cocoa when i can.  i am not as... aggressive or forthright as some of you.  but, if i can help, i will.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »

Just change jobs. It's obvious this one's not good for you.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »

Aggressive forthright , oh not us were timid and shy . We love everyone except those we don't like then all bets are off psycho time.

Just made some brownies want several and a night warm glass of Brandy.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »

Part of my problem is that i miss my old job.  not my boss, but my job.  i need to change.  i miss being in construction, even tho there is a lot of dark grey bookkeeping.  and the job i am in now, i am past my end date.  i have agreed to stay for many reasons.  and i am getting out.  but there aren't a lot of jobs right now.  i am not good at selling myself or promoting my side-business.  so i tend to blow interviews.  i don't know.  there is so much up in the air and it seems like all i attract for employment are these scummy businessmen.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »

Do you or can you move out of state if there was work that you wanted ?. When you say construction do you mean the physical work or management .

All you have to do when you go to and interview is believe in yourself  , I know you can do it , so sending you energy for mass confidences .

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 06:18:04 AM »

Do you or can you move out of state if there was work that you wanted ?. When you say construction do you mean the physical work or management .
She had posted previously that she was doing bookkeeping for a construction/architecture firm (something about learning to draw blueprints)

All you have to do when you go to and interview is believe in yourself  , I know you can do it , so sending you energy for mass confidences .
no... when you go to an interview, you have to BS about yourself... draw yourself up to be the best, know the best, can make all the other workers/employees look like crap. It's not about believing in yourself - it's about believing that YOU'RE THE BEST (some of us have an easy time doing that... others don't)
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »

One ) Lucy do not correct anyone you just make enemies that way.

Two ) We all know she does bookkeeping for a construction company , but she said she missed be in construction; apply that she did construction ( read more carefully , understand  ) .

Three ) never tell people to lie about themselves when in and interview  ( asd she stated so does not do good in interviews ) unless they have lied all their life most people can not do it with out being detected. Get caught in a lie and it gets around eg. forget getting a job , and by chance if you do get it the truth of your lie will surface real soon ; then no job and bad refs from then on

Four ) the best advice YOU can give someone is to say nothing at all, it's not your ass on the line. Malignant little troll .

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »

@ oldghost - learn to read and connect? If she says she misses being in construction and she also says that she LIKES being a bookkeeper/office manager, then it stands to reason that she means that she misses being in construction management (the bookkeeping aspect + management aspect?)
i don't do taxes.  payroll tax, sales tax, yes.  but not if the pool is dirty and i definitely don't do year end taxes.  for more than one reason.  but mostly because i LIKE being a bookkeeper.  just as much as being an office manager.  i like the logistics.  and the patterns that the values make when entered in over a course of time.  i like the challenge of a variety of tasks to do and complete.  i like changing hats during the day, and bopping between payroll, ap, ar, and all the other ins and outs of the small office.  i loved being in a construction office.
Also, most companies don't want fallible humans to work for them - they want perfect robots that can work long hours and never take breaks and never make mistakes... they don't want to hear in your interview anything but that you're fantastic and you're great and you are the best (the other employees here pale in comparison)... Who do you think most companies hire? A great worker who can't talk or a great talker who can't work? (and of course they'll fire you if they find out you were lying, so you have to do some interview prepwork; see next line block) ::edit:: I did a little consultation with a friend on this subject and he said that he thinks that if it sounds like you're being DISHONEST, a company probably won't hire you either... You've got to be as positive and honest-sounding as you can without revealing a lot of bad or negative things about yourself? ::/edit::

She's already said that she has issues with being dishonest (it's hard for her to feel right while being dishonest), which could easily make it hard to pass an interview (they ask you what your greatest character flaw is and you answer truthfully). When you're preparing for a job interview, your best bet is to go over potential questions with a friend who has experience with management hiring techniques so you can figure out what your responses should be IN ADVANCE. ::edit:: if you don't feel right about lying, find a (grey-area) way to tell the truth without making yourself look bad ::/edit::

And don't call me a troll...

::edit::
@ auntygreens: Do you know why you tend to blow interviews? What could we do to help you?

::edited::
added some words for clarity.
removed some words for accuracy of thought
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:18:35 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »

to clarify and not to be egotistical: here is my resume, with some things removed.

Education
Business Major;
Phlebotomy Technician

Awards
Awarded seven separate incentive prizes in three years for going above & beyond job duties, assisting others, & writing programs specific to the maufacturer’s needs.

Work Experience
 current:
·   Consultation Services for small business
·   Bookkeeping Services
·   Small Business set up for new business owners
·   Insurance consultations
·   Workflow designs
·   Pricing and cost of goods analysis worksheets
·   Excel instruction and Access programming

5 years: Office/Project Manager
Job Duties:
·   Managing 3 companies
·   AP
·   AR
·   Bookkeeping
·   Reconciling multiple credit cards & bank statements
·   Debt collection
·   Payroll & Human Resources
·   Per-Diem applications
·   Orientation
·   Sexual harassment training
·   Safety meetings
·   Hire screening
·   Institute new policies
·   Vendor relations
·   Material ordering
·   Scheduling deliveries to multiple sites, including heavy equipment
·   Insurance- Worker’s Comp, GL, Auto, Client
·   Audits
·   Project Management
·   Contracts and proposals
·   LEED prep
·   New filing systems, including new forms
·   Maintain a schedule for employer
·   Hotel scheduling
·   Small & minor equipment repair
·   Information hub for 5 different departments
·   Software maintenance & program writing
·   Website design & maintenance
·   Specialty printing
·   Rendering schematics and floor plans
·   More

4 years Manufacturer Clerk
·   IPM Level 1, Level 2, & Level 3 Certified
·   Maintained & updated the incoming inventory Manual, C.O.A.’s, MSDS, & Spec Sheets to current standards on a weekly basis
·   Purchased ingredients for the plant, office supplies, & safety equipment for multiple departments, $5M per annum
·   Prepared documents & programming for presentations, audits, & certifications.
·   Acted as editor-in-chief, lay-out artist, & publisher for Quarterly Newsletter
·   Processed shipping documents & destination tickets for the docks, including balance orders for Production
·   Performed data entry, including taking orders, inventory tracking & bookwork
·   Acted as Office Liaison to the Training Team
·   Maintained & created workflows, forms, & the programs that support them
·   Handled Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, & resulting applications

Computer Skills
·   Microsoft Office Products: Access, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook, Word
·   PeopleSoft, Quickbooks, Money, Yardi, Turning Point, Red Wing
·   Open Office Products
·   Experience with Word Perfect 3.1-6.2, & Wordstar 5.0
·   Experience with Lotus, dBase, AS400, Mainframes
·   Web-site management, message boards, online applications,
·   PC tuning, networking, and clean-up
·   more

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »

I can't move from the house.  I own it completely and it is paid off.  My sister lives on the other side of the duplex.  I can't sell it for another three years at least, unless I want to pay 51% in capital gains taxes, since my mother and i bought it together, at my mom's insistence, as a rental property.  the amount i pay in taxes on the property for the equivalent of a 6 bedroom house is the same as a 2 bedroom apartment a month. 

i blow interviews because i am always saying the exact wrong thing. 

* don't be negative.  but tell me why you left you last job. 

well, "cindy," i left my last job because i made peanuts, ran the office single handedly with an idiot for a part time clerk, my boss gave my raise to someone else, i worked 60 hours a week while taking care of my terminal mother, and got sick of having to run interference between my boss's hookers and his wife.

translated for interview speak: my mother was terminal and i needed to focus on her health.

* how much did you make for your last job?
13 an hour. 

and then, the light bulb goes off in their eyes- hey - she's willing to work for crap pay!  i'll offer her $13 an hour and expect her to drive 35 miles one way to get to work.  and i can't explain that i was supposed to be making $15, but negotiated for no raise in order to make payroll each month and keep my job longer, with the understanding that i expected my boss not to spend half the line of credit on his hookers and used bmw, but instead making it through some tough times and giving me back pay then.  but the alcoholic SOB would rather diddle in the back office and pretend he made no such deal.

nope- can't say that.

translation for interview: i negotiated a raise freeze in order to maintain my position.  i was a team player and wanted to make sure that my clerk could keep her position.

i don't know why that seems to rub people raw.

* what is this consulting business?

- it is a side job i did while taking care of my mother.  it is a side business that i run at night and on the weekends.

because, duh, you can't show that you are out of work for very long.  so it is assumed that i can do sales.  which i totally bomb at. 

*so, you ran this business out of your house?  what else have you been doing, since i see that it has been almost 2 years since your last permanent position?

well, lets see.  taking care of mom, taking care of 1 sister who is grieving and another sister who is dying.  trying to find a way to pay for everythign without depleting the savings we have that will pay for the house during this lovely recession.

translation for interview:  i have been working for temp agencies since my mother passed.  i wanted to make sure that i was ready to return to work.

*and are you ready?

well duh, why do you think i am here?

translation for interview:  yes.  i am eager to return to a position where my skills and strengths can be of benefit and use.

* very good.

this is what happens when i can actually GET someone to interview me.  i have sent out nearly a thousand resumes and have had maybe 20 responses. 

so, no, i don't know what i am doing wrong.

i try to practice, be engaging, be transparant without being bitter.  i just ALWAYS seem to say the exact wrong thing.

i can't even get a position at subway.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »

i try to practice, be engaging, be transparant without being bitter.  i just ALWAYS seem to say the exact wrong thing.

i can't even get a position at subway.
Well... maybe you're just too nice? :-p

At least on paper, you seem to have everything down. Your resume looks impeccable!

Are you applying specifically for management positions? The reason I ask this is because people who hire managers are sometimes looking for the "smells blood in the water" type. Hire an ax-man so you don't have to do it yourself? (just a thought)

Why do you think that people aren't hiring you? Have you ever called a company after the fact and asked why they didn't hire you? (if you made a habit of doing this, it'd be a very bad thing, but to do it once or twice just to figure out what you did or didn't do might be useful)

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »

not just management.  simple ap or clerk position, construction project manager, ar/collections, pr/hr positions.

and, really i don't have a clue.

and no, i am not a shark.  i don't like who i am when i get aggressive.

the three places i have called say that it is nothing personal.  i am over qualified.  not have the right skill set or that the position was removed during the interview process of the company.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up