Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 02, 2015, 09:29:33 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Views of Summerland  (Read 643 times)

Alchymist

• Oak
Re: Views of Summerland
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 01:07:06 AM »

Yes, definitely a good pub, or two, or three ....... and one right next door to the library would be perfect ...... in fact I think I must have already mentioned a pub.....

...... secluded villages, rambling old towns, ancient castles, real old oak-beamed pubs serving real old ale from oaken barrels.....

Yep, there it is. Real old ale .... and a sweet nutty black stout, something like Watney Mann's Cream Label used to be before it disappeared off the face of the planet...... and Island Mist, a mellow, aged single malt whisky, with something of the flavour of twelve-year-old Old Bushmills......

...... and a little café somewhere, where you can get a good honest full breakfast...... bacon, sausage, egg, fried bread, mushrooms, fried tomato, followed by thick slices of whole-grain toast smothered in butter and chunky orange marmalade, laid to rest with endless cups of hot strong tea - proper tea, the colour of antique mahogany (if you can see through it, it isn't the real thing)......

Endless forest is all very well, but I think I would want some variety; forests, certainly, but also mountains, eerie expanses of misty moorland, rocky sea coasts with offshore islands and a sheltered harbour, and a little gaff rigged ketch with ochre tanned sails - and a free-spirited, adventurous, witchy young woman to share it all with.......

Blessed Be everyone,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Daughter of Danu

• Meṁber
  • Elm
  • You must be the change!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 07:35:13 AM »

I was told forever ago that the summerlands were specific to the individual and we all ended up in our most favorite of places.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »

Give me a real publican's Best Yorkshire Bitter...
How soon IS now and who IS John Galt?

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 01:36:33 PM »

I want that breakfast Alchy having. With lots of BACON! :)
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »

I will see your bacon and raise you, (being NATIVE NJ), one Taylor Ham.

I ADORE bacon, mind, but...I CAN NOT and WILL NOT deny my G-ds given RIGHT to T.H.!

THECKHR.  THE official breakfast of NJ Champions.  Period.  That is all.

Alchymist

• Oak
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:45 PM »

Yes, definitely a good pub, or two, or three ....... and one right next door to the library would be perfect ...... in fact I think I must have already mentioned a pub.....

...... secluded villages, rambling old towns, ancient castles, real old oak-beamed pubs serving real old ale from oaken barrels.....

Yep, there it is. Real old ale .... and a sweet nutty black stout, something like Watney Mann's Cream Label used to be before it disappeared off the face of the planet...... and Island Mist, a mellow, aged single malt whisky, with something of the flavour of twelve-year-old Old Bushmills......

...... and a little café somewhere, where you can get a good honest full breakfast...... bacon, sausage, egg, fried bread, mushrooms, fried tomato, followed by thick slices of whole-grain toast smothered in butter and chunky orange marmalade, laid to rest with endless cups of hot strong tea - proper tea, the colour of antique mahogany (if you can see through it, it isn't the real thing)......

Endless forest is all very well, but I think I would want some variety; forests, certainly, but also mountains, eerie expanses of misty moorland, rocky sea coasts with offshore islands and a sheltered harbour, and a little gaff rigged ketch with ochre tanned sails - and a free-spirited, adventurous, witchy young woman to share it all with.......

And did someone mention tree houses? Yes, got to have tree houses. And cave houses, a bit like the movie version of Bag End in Lord of the Rings. Houseboats. Caravans. In fact, whatever kind of place you'd like to live in, I'm sure it would be there. Me, I'd go for a home that was part tree house and part cave; not sure how that would work. I guess it would have to be built on a slope.....

So, when I wasn't away sailing my tan-sailed ketch with my witchy free-spirited companion, we'd have a place to come back to when I wanted to relax in the library with an English-language First Edition of Cornelius Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy. And some bacon-and-sharp-Cheddar sandwiches and a glass of twelve-year-old Island Mist.......

Blessed Be, especially all of you out there who have wonderfully vivid imaginations,

Alchymist.
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Magnolia
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »

Alchymist

• Oak
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »

http://www.history.com/shows/the-woodsmen

Mmmm, yeah, something like that, but maybe bigger. See http://hhomedesign.com/?=12238, especially the fourth one down; two storeys with a stairway....

Alchymist

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 11:52:16 PM »

Do you think "Summerland" could be a description of a state of being?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 03:35:12 AM »

As opposed to a physical place or plain? Interesting concept.

Since our souls are not tangible (as we understand it) entities, perhaps then the "Summerland" paradigm could simply be perceived individually because it is the easiest way for us to get our heads around it.

Is this what you mean FS?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »

Something like a dream of the sleeping soul?
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Firesong

• Council Elder
  • Walnut
  • Laughin' at the Angels, laughin' at you;
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »

As opposed to a physical place or plain? Interesting concept.

Since our souls are not tangible (as we understand it) entities, perhaps then the "Summerland" paradigm could simply be perceived individually because it is the easiest way for us to get our heads around it.

Is this what you mean FS?

Not exactly... from my own perspective, as a Christian, I see Heaven as the state of being one with G-d; I see Hell as the state of being completely isolated from G-d(which I feel is literally impossible).  Could Summerland be described the same way?
"Every thug deserves a slug..."
~Anonymous
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up