Nuked
Welcome, Guest
February 01, 2015, 07:45:21 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Soul or Ancient Soul  (Read 136 times)

Alchymist

• Cypress
Re: Old Soul or Ancient Soul
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:16 AM »

Back in the last century I was in a New Agey meditation group (I know, I know, I'll do penance, truly I will, but there was this gorgeous exotic dark haired girl......) and we did past life search meditations for each other, one on one. Whoever was doing mine told me I had "been around since the beginning" - they didn't specify which beginning. If it was the "beginning of time" then I'm truly, incredibly ancient, but perhaps they meant only since the beginning of the meditation session. But as I recall everyone told everyone else the same thing, so perhaps it was simply a mutual reassurance type of thing: "Go on, I'll say you're an Ancient Soul if you tell me I'm one .......?"

I didn't believe any of it (which was a major source of friction between me and the exotic dark haired girl, and perhaps a bodacious big part of the reason that we're not together any more), but then I tend not to believe stuff anyway; I'll trust my own experience long before I'll trust what someone else tells me. This tendency gets me into trouble at times.

I've had past-life regressions a few times; in one I was a WWII bomber pilot, in another an ageing former Samurai warrior spending his last years in a monastery - I might have mentioned this before on the Forum some while ago. But my own vivid dreams and meditation experiences point in altogether weird directions. There are recurring visions where I'm travelling through hidden tunnels and underground passageways beneath a perfectly prosaic 20th century city, others where I'm some kind of Shaman meeting a female spirit entity in a moonlit forest glade, in yet others I'm not in our Earthly reality at all, but in some kind of parallel universe very similar to that of our mundane world, but altered in subtle and arbitrary ways - and, in still others, I'm a renegade Mage living in a continent that disappeared beneath the ocean in some dim distant past, pre-Egypt, pre-Stonehenge, perhaps even pre-Humanity. Perhaps the Tuatha De Danaan, those mysterious, half-Human, half-Elvish people who colonised Ireland before written history began, are my kin.

Either I've been around a LOO-OO-OONG time indeed, or I have a vivid imagination that goes off in its own directions at times. Whichever, I must say I seldom suffer from boredom. "What on Earth (or elsewhere) is going to happen next....?" is my usual response.

Blessed Be all you time and space travellers out there,

Alchymist.     
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:18:18 AM by Alchymist »
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 06:40:32 AM »

I have no idea what kind of pass life I had ... But there are things I just know.  How?  I can not tell cause I don't know I just tell people it's just in my DNA.  Maybe it is knowledge brought over from a pass life.  I love the outdoors and the woods,  I can and have survived in them and no known training too.  Some places I go and stare out into the passing woods and I swear I can see shadows of people living their lives.  Crazy sounding I know, that's why I never tell anyone; till now.  I have or had this deep knowledge what can be eaten and what isn't in the wild as will as what is good for this or that.  And as I grew older I have lost that ability.  Also I am drawn to the medieval times, some things Celtic draws me like a moth to a flame, it is kind of funny when I get near such things I can feel a slight change and then drawn to some of the pieces, and have to walk away from that I want so bad it would make me just ache.  I use to have this dream that felt so real ... it was of helping a group of children, leading them through the woods, trying to be as silent as we could. Trying to get them to safety. 

Alchymist:  I am one who believes there are other worlds and dimensions.  So who knows ... maybe you really did .. 

Ashe Isadora

• Ash
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 08:27:47 AM »

The only vestige of a memory I've tripped on was when I visited the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose. But it wasn't a memory of ancient Egypt.  It was more along the lines of having been in a mystic religious order, maybe in the 1920's.  It could have been The Brotherhood of the Light, Rosicrucian, I don't know.  But incense and roses and a 1920's style California house seemed important.

Goatfoot says I was probably a silent screen era actress.  LOL.  Could be, I was probably an extra in a Cecil B De Mille movie.
In a family argument, whenever you are proven right apologize at once.

Never try to have the last word.  You just might get it.

Lazarus Long

Skyanne

• Willow
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 07:02:26 PM »

OG, Just revised my post and added details about some of my dreams of past lives. I believe we incarnate as different races to speed our soul's evolution. BTW, whenever I dream I am in an old European civilization, I have long wavy red hair. I don't think I was a foreigner while incarnated in Medieval Europe. Only in that one series that I commented on, that was possibly a Nazi camp, was I a caucasian brunette. I was too young to know about Nazis back then too. Otherwise, when in old Europe, I was the red haired girl.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:09:30 PM by Skyanne »

oldghost

• Palm
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:06 PM »

Skyanne , think about it before you go to sleep and see if anything comes to you in dreams . Think about the landscape around you . Have a note pad by your bed and write down what you remember fro you dream . Do this for several days and see what you have wrote down . Does what you have written seem to follow a certain flow .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Skyanne

• Willow
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 09:40:41 PM »

I will try, OG. For you. ;)

oldghost

• Palm
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 10:46:49 PM »

Do it for yourself . An may it help you to understand what you were and when .

Canis

• Oak
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 07:32:07 PM »

I've always been interested in medieval history. With the last decade or so, I've become more and more drawn to bronze and stone age Europe as well, mainly in the British Isles. Don't know if it's just the boyhood fascination with knights and such that I never outgrew or if there's something more involved.

oldghost

• Palm
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »

You should look deeper into it Canis , I have to get over to my storage unit and dig out some of my old BOS . I have to find my research on dreams . Have to start a thread on dreams .

Canis

• Oak
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »

I've thought of that, just not sure how to go about it.

oldghost

• Palm
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2015, 10:06:36 PM »

I'll get back to you soon on how . Hope you have at lease two days off a week .

Canis

• Oak
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 10:10:19 PM »

Thanks OG. And yes, have two days a week off.

Alces Alces

• Holly
« Reply #27 on: Today at 05:56:33 AM »

No Alces That would make you a new soul . Only problem is there are no tree's on the prairie  :-p. Also no pond for moose's to plat in  :-p :-p. Think you would be happier in and Alpine valley . Alces The Moose Maiden  :o. :-p :-p

Good point og!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up