Nuked
Welcome, Guest
February 06, 2016, 04:45:36 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation Penance ?.  (Read 250 times)

Alchymist

• Oak
Re: Reincarnation Penance ?.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:48 AM »

Absolutely fascinating... but what evidence do we have that we are actually alive, or that we ever die?

None, I guess. When you get right down to it, all we ever really have is our individual sense impressions, which get converted into electrical impulses and sent along the relevant nerves to the brain, where they are processed into images that we project outwards into our environment and call "reality". Luckily, for most of us, this projected "reality" seems remarkably consistent from minute to minute and hour to hour - even from year to year - but it could all be a "Matrix"-like illusion. Until  we notice the cracks in the fašade, the little inconsistencies, the failures of continuity ........

But that way lies paranoia. Or is the entire Universe really out to get us??

Blessed Be everyone - I hope.

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

oldghost

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 04:07:05 AM »

For all we know this universe we live in could be nothing more then a single cell in the body of a vast entity . Then again we could be nothing more then somethings else's dream . What we know as time for us a billion years could only be a second in the dream we are part of .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »

For all we know reflection is penance? Many of us believe we are many people, just not all at the same time. With only a second
between reincarnations. It is amazing to think about.

Blessings
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »

admittedly I have pondered the same thing OG, The scenario being of the universe as that cell you mention, one of many in the entirety of space. Are we therefore the information that is contained within that cell? or perhaps the living bacteria that is essential for life?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 11:01:19 PM »

I remember a story I read as a teen about a childe that lived in a world where everything was ugly and no one was happy so one night she dreamed of a happy fun world . Night after night she dream until she did not wake and she slept and dreamed of that world until she became part of it . She lived happily until she died but the world she dreamed of had become real and the people of that world worshipped her as their creator . There again we could only be a child's dream .................................. .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 02:21:20 AM »

admittedly I have pondered the same thing OG, The scenario being of the universe as that cell you mention, one of many in the entirety of space. Are we therefore the information that is contained within that cell? or perhaps the living bacteria that is essential for life?

D. Our cells reproduce and store who we are in each. They don't forget.

I remember a story I read as a teen about a childe that lived in a world where everything was ugly and no one was happy so one night she dreamed of a happy fun world . Night after night she dream until she did not wake and she slept and dreamed of that world until she became part of it . She lived happily until she died but the world she dreamed of had become real and the people of that world worshipped her as their creator . There again we could only be a child's dream .................................. .

Og I believe our personal experiences shape who we are, what we see, and feel. We create the world we live in continuously. I like
your story.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up