Welcome, Guest
December 01, 2015, 10:08:56 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reincarnation Penance ?.  (Read 124 times)

• Oak
Re: Reincarnation Penance ?.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:48 AM »

Absolutely fascinating... but what evidence do we have that we are actually alive, or that we ever die?

None, I guess. When you get right down to it, all we ever really have is our individual sense impressions, which get converted into electrical impulses and sent along the relevant nerves to the brain, where they are processed into images that we project outwards into our environment and call "reality". Luckily, for most of us, this projected "reality" seems remarkably consistent from minute to minute and hour to hour - even from year to year - but it could all be a "Matrix"-like illusion. Until  we notice the cracks in the fašade, the little inconsistencies, the failures of continuity ........

But that way lies paranoia. Or is the entire Universe really out to get us??

Blessed Be everyone - I hope.

"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

• Cedar
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Reincarnation Penance ?.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 04:07:05 AM »

For all we know this universe we live in could be nothing more then a single cell in the body of a vast entity . Then again we could be nothing more then somethings else's dream . What we know as time for us a billion years could only be a second in the dream we are part of .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up