Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 23, 2014, 11:44:33 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magick Vs Miracle  (Read 3420 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Magick Vs Miracle
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 10:13:27 AM »

I see it like this...a miracle is something that just happens on it's own, something the powers that be bring forth without our asking. Magick is something we make ourselves, something we ask for or of the powers that be.

Interesting take on the subject. I saw it as the way one perceives the occurance, either from a religious or non religious perspective. I can see though you were looking deeper than I was, I hadn't considered it that way. (Thanx  :))

As for religion, I prefer to have spiritual beliefs. Spiritual beliefs are personal and freeing. Religion seems to dictate and bind. It also causes a Hell of a lot of arguments. In some instances, those arguments lead to killing.

I once was religious, a long time ago. I became a "backslider" and never climbed back out of it. I certainly agree with you about the arguing, fighting and killing. It's been featured in all the major wars after all, especially the animosity and conflict in Ireland. And we all know how long thats been going on. Life would be so much better without structured religion!
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

naturalpaganmomma

• Holly
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »

I see it like this...a miracle is something that just happens on it's own, something the powers that be bring forth without our asking. Magick is something we make ourselves, something we ask for or of the powers that be.

Interesting take on the subject. I saw it as the way one perceives the occurance, either from a religious or non religious perspective. I can see though you were looking deeper than I was, I hadn't considered it that way. (Thanx  :))

As for religion, I prefer to have spiritual beliefs. Spiritual beliefs are personal and freeing. Religion seems to dictate and bind. It also causes a Hell of a lot of arguments. In some instances, those arguments lead to killing.

I once was religious, a long time ago. I became a "backslider" and never climbed back out of it. I certainly agree with you about the arguing, fighting and killing. It's been featured in all the major wars after all, especially the animosity and conflict in Ireland. And we all know how long thats been going on. Life would be so much better without structured religion!

First, you're welcome. I'm just happy I made sense this time. I have a tendency to babble and confuse the Hell out of everyone. LOL

Second, I was once religious too (Christianity), even though I never truly believed in it. Finally, recently, I said to heck with it. Why should I keep being more devout in that which I didn't believe in better than those who supposedly did believe? Made no sense. I was acting more Bible Christian than many Bible Christians I personally knew. (No insult to all Bible Christians implied. Merely addressing my own personal experience.) Anyway, I decided I was going to put my ardent endeavors to better use. Now the Gods and Goddesses get to claim my good deeds in their names instead. They seem to appreciate it more too.  ;D

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »

Religion is a menu, masquerading as the main course. By the time you've finished munching on it's mouth watering, but nutritionally void pages, you can't even see what the "Soup de jour" was, and the Waiter's given up and taken his lunch break. 
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 09:04:29 PM »

Religion is a menu, masquerading as the main course. By the time you've finished munching on it's mouth watering, but nutritionally void pages, you can't even see what the "Soup de jour" was, and the Waiter's given up and taken his lunch break.
Does anyone else get this feeling like Serpentium is saying something important here...

... but just can't figure out what that something is? :-\
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »

Seems straight forward to me . An it's good sage advice.

To speak in riddles they say is true , if you can figure it  out , your smart too.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up