Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 21, 2014, 09:42:46 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free will, and ethics.  (Read 1524 times)

soulfire

• Ash
  • telestic witch
    • Believe in You!
Re: Free will, and ethics.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »

re:OT,
This is a non question to me as I wouldn't cast a spell on someone else anyway.  Spells I do on my self and my life work.  But that is because I understand the process and understand that spells are not external things, but internal tools for the psyche. 
Striving for authenticity- which is not often politically correct. Get over it.

I RESPECT YOUR INDIVIDUALITY AND OPINIONS, PLEASE RESPECT MINE cuz i'll say it.

Alchymist

• Cypress
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »

I'll free Will if he promises not to do it ever again, but Ethics, that's another story entirely. Would you free someone who calls himself Ethics? It's like asking would you lend money to someone who calls himself Honest Joe.....

Alchymist
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »

If someone's will is to harm and destroy you or other innocent bystanders your options are to flee, shield yourself or engage. If the method that you choose to engage them is to ask the divine to change the desires of their hearts, then I'd see no problem with this.

If another's will would do you harm then it's within your right to ask that their will be changed. The divine won't necessarily respect this request, but I wouldn't see that the request itself would be out of line...

Interestingly enough, I think this may have been what happened to me, so thanks to whomever willed me out of that pit that I was in :D
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »

Lucifer do not hold your breath waiting for a responce from  Alchymist , he's been gone since March.

Your request is not out of line .

Good to know your out of that pit just done put yourself into a worse one. Open you mind to all things , not just certain things . remember the ass you save is your own.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:21 AM »

If someone's will is to harm and destroy you or other innocent bystanders your options are to flee, shield yourself or engage.

If the method that you choose to engage them is to ask the divine to change the desires of their hearts, then I'd see no problem with this.

If another's will would do you harm then it's within your right to ask that their will be changed. The divine won't necessarily respect this request, but I wouldn't see that the request itself would be out of line...

Interestingly enough, I think this may have been what happened to me, so thanks to whomever willed me out of that pit that I was in :D

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Clear, concise and to the point.

You should ALWAYS shield.  Always.  You can engage from behind a shield, after all.

IF you are engaging, though, your request to the Divine MAY be answered with a "NO", but it will be answered.  The wisdom of the Lord and Lady can see the motivation and reason for both sides.  and they WILL "take sides"!
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up