Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 30, 2014, 12:53:16 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Did You Choose Wicca As Your Path  (Read 1377 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Why Did You Choose Wicca As Your Path
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:20:11 PM »

What reason was it that made you want to follow the path of Wicca , or Witchcraft ?.

Have you found it to be fulfilling for you and was it what you had hope to find. How much has it impacted your life .

Has it made your life better and do you think it will make your future better .

Does it still fill you with wonder , is the world around you brighter to you .

For those of you that still have children at home do you teach them what you know or do you want them to find their own path in life ?.

Did you start on you own or was it taught to you ?.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

lucifer

• Ash
Re: Why Did You Choose Wicca As Your Path
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »

Spiritual Wicca embraces a perfect relationship with the divine for my own personal needs. The Goddess and The God aren't going to punish me if I ignore them or forget that it's Sunday (a seventh day) and have to go to work. I can use magic if I want to and the only restriction on it is that I know the possible reprocussions of any spell cast or willed. It shows us to have a great appreciation for nature and the part that everything plays in it (The sun, the moon, the plants and animals, the rivers and oceans... ourselves).

I don't know about the rest of that stuff except that the world is brighter when you recognize and acknowledge all the life and spirit that is around you working together to maintain the living balance of this place.

Blessed Be
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:44:57 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:36:19 AM »

I chose my path because I found no fullfilment elsewhere. there was too much that didn't tie together for me. I feel more positive since I started on the path, and its easier for me to accept the "no's" and to carry on.

I also echo Luci's appreciation of nature and my surroundings and I feel like I'm seeing deeper into the nature of things.

I've had an interest in what I would now consider Pagan ways for many years, and I would pick up things and bits of info, storing them in my mind. It simply appealed to me. A lot of what I learned was without any understanding so not everything I picked up was true/valid, an outsiders evaluation of it all perhaps. I was never negative about it though. It's only in recent years I started to structure, or process what I learned and started to gain a better understanding. And even more recently have I given myself over to a Pagan path. I've been able to sort the wheat from the chaff over the past while, and things have fallen into place. Much of it to my surprise.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:34:36 AM »

Draconis , are there any other that follow your path where you live that you know of ?.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »

I believe there are a few Pagans nearby, as to what their tradition is I'm not sure. I also believe they hold a monthly moot in one of the local bars, I very nearly made myself go along to the last one but couldn't quite get there...LoL  :D. I am really not a sociable animal, and I find it hard to meet people unless I'm introduced. Maybe I can psyche myself up for the next one  ;)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »

I am really not a sociable animal, and I find it hard to meet people unless I'm introduced. Maybe I can psyche myself up for the next one  ;)
It is held at a bar...? Unless you're an angry drinker, arrive a head of time and have a few to loosen yourself up. That's what I'd do :-p
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »

When I was 11yrs. old my grandfather passed on and being small I didn't understand. I asked questions and the answer was it was Gods will, run outside and play. Very confusing for a child
with no one to give a good explaination, I was angry and rebelled against God. I just didn't believe in him any longer. Nature was the most important religion from then on for years. I met a friend at work and she brought me a book about Wicca. From then on I just continued to study.
I committed to a relationship with the God and Goddess. I am a much happier person and my
path continues to give me peace. I continue to study as a solitary by choice. Wicca gives me much
personal freedom and I just love it.

I started practicing nocturnal witchcraft, candle magic and herbology, and the ritual of holidays are my favorite. I feel all in all I'm a better person and more excepting of the difference between
each of us.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »

It is held at a bar...? Unless you're an angry drinker, arrive a head of time and have a few to loosen yourself up. That's what I'd do :-p

Its a nice idea Luci, but unfortunately I don't drink. No dutch courage for me after all then...LoL  :D

I committed to a relationship with the God and Goddess. I am a much happier person and my
path continues to give me peace. I continue to study as a solitary by choice. Wicca gives me much
personal freedom and I just love it.

I started practicing nocturnal witchcraft, candle magic and herbology, and the ritual of holidays are my favorite. I feel all in all I'm a better person and more excepting of the difference between
each of us.

Mari, I envy you your inner peace.  :)  I hope one day to be where you are, I have a long way to go yet though... Baby steps.

firefly83

• Willow
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »

I have chosen this path because nothing else felt right. It felt like a calling. Some of the things feel natural, like i have been doing them all of my life, even though i have just started. I would dream of doing some things in Wicca even though i knew nothing about it.
Dont judge me for my religion, judge me for the kind of person I am.

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »

After being a seeker for a long time, it is the path that feels right to me...I was a Wiccan long before I knew what Wicca was.  I was raised as a Christian, and the rest of my family remains so.   Basically I have questioned the teachings of Christianity as far back as I can remember. 

Spiritually Wicca is absolutely fulfilling, second only to being a mom, however it is not always an easy path on which to walk.  I find it very lonely at times.  Being the only Wiccan (that I know of) in this area, there are not a lot of opportunities to socialize and explore with others.  And being from a rural, Bible-thumping area, most of the social arena is tied up with which church you're associated with.  Although, recently I had an old friend approach me and state that she was interested in learning more about Wicca.  So while I don't know how serious she is, at least there may be some opportunity to socialize with someone who doesn't consider me to be a crystal-wearing, rainbow-flag waving, hippie freak.  Ha. 

I do try to teach my son some of the tenants of Wicca.  He's only 4, so it's basic things that a child can understand.  Unfortunately I have to watch exactly what I teach him because of course he will repeat it.  He does go to a Christian preschool here, for several reasons.  One, I think he needs to learn about Christianity since he will grow up and be surrounded by it and at some point will need to make a choice as to what he believes.  Two, it is the best preschool in the area and the curriculum is wonderful.  He is light-years ahead of other kids his age.  Anyway, as we all know, people are not always able to understand what is different, especially in a small town where everyone else is the same, and I don't want any drama.   

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:44:46 PM »

behindstarryeyes , why do you not ask those on this site if anyone is within your state , this way you may be able to call them or sometime get together ??? ??.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:20:13 PM by oldghost »

behindstarryeyes

• Orange
  • Amaris
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 04:52:26 AM »

behindstarryeyes , why do you not ask those on this site if antone is within your state , this way you may be able to call them or sometime get together ??? ??.
I've actually contemplated it, but I had a bad experience with someone I met online (not traumatic one, more like a pretending they were a completely different person one) and I've been skittish about meeting people I've met online ever since.  And, I know, not everyone is that way, but once bitten, twice shy, and all that. 
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »

Understand completely BSE , always be safe  .

Just Dave

• Fir
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »

Like I said in my introduction, one of the main things that drew me to Wicca is that it is a religion that not only encourages one to think for one’s self, but requires it.  I had run the gamut of Christian denominations and though I did find some satisfaction in a few of them, the one thing that turned me off about them all is the requirement for blind faith.  I don’t mean to sound like I’m Christian bashing – I’m not.  I know many people find fulfillment in the Christian faith and that is a beautiful thing.  But I had a hard time believing in something simply because the Bible or the Pope or whatever says I have to.  And I believe too much in personal responsibility to buy into the idea of “turning my life over to Christ”.  I have always believed in the old adage “God helps those who help themselves” and for me Wicca accommodates that belief.

Another thing that drew me to Wicca is its reverence for nature and the belief that we are all part of nature, not separate from it.  I’m also of the belief that magic is a natural, inherent part of all human beings and that with practice we can learn use it for the good of ourselves and our world (back to the God helps those who help themselves thing.)  And when I say “God”, I’m talking not about a specific deity, but the idea of the divine – my personal belief is that the God and the Goddess are the male and female aspects of “God”.  They are each equally divine.  They are “God” , individually and together.  (Actually, I read this in some Wicca for beginners type book – Cunningham perhaps – and it rings true with me.) 

Overall, Wicca was the most natural, most logical choice for me.  It encompasses many beliefs that I’ve always held dear and it offers me the opportunity to take an active role in my spiritual life in a way that is far more meaningful and fulfilling for me than any other religion I’ve been exposed to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up