Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 19, 2014, 09:27:49 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Coven or Solitary  (Read 5513 times)

auntygreens

• Willow
Re: Coven or Solitary
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »

LOLOLOLOLOL

OMG&G... i just about peed on the floor from your McWiccins comment.

i so totally get that.  i am not a snobby person.  but just to have someone say to me, and I quote: "I wield Excalibur.  That is the caliber of person you are talking to."

no.  so do NOT want to attempt rits with that kind of person.

what about a paper rit?  pick a topic or goal, email it or mail it to a friend and go from there?
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »

Depends anyone ;D .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »

grins.  ahhh.  just the right touch of humor for where that was headed.  you know, there is a card game out there named "gother than thou..."

not to tread all over your post, drac.  you have a serious-ish question.  but i thought this would add a little more flavor.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »

I studied with a coven for almost a year.  I regret not having stayed with it.  I quit going for personal reasons that had nothing to do with them.  BC and I will look for one.  I have nothing negative at all I could say about the experience.  Peronally I am interested in a Gardnerian one but they are not really easy to find around where I live.  There are over 5 million people in a 50 mile radius of where I live.  I just dig a little harder.  They are there.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »

http://.www.meetup.com.garderian-wicca.HTML  have you tried this one EBS they are out of Austin .               

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »

4 hour drive from here.  :(  Although they might know of a group around here.  Might be worth checking into that.  Austin would have to be a weekend trip. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:58:23 PM by Earthbound Spirit »

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »

I tried to answer this earlier but the site timed out (I thought I'd clicked "keep me on the site") so I crashed out. I tried again and my screen froze. So now here I am again.

LOLOLOLOLOL

OMG&G... i just about peed on the floor from your McWiccins comment.

Sorry about that  :-p Its a term coined on an earlier thread by someone else, I liked it.  ;)

i so totally get that.  i am not a snobby person.  but just to have someone say to me, and I quote: "I wield Excalibur.  That is the caliber of person you are talking to."

Holy Crap on a Cracker! Who in the seven circles of hell could possibly say something like that and expect to be taken seriously?!?! 
Arf :D Arf :D Arf :D Utterly incredible!

what about a paper rit?  pick a topic or goal, email it or mail it to a friend and go from there?

Had not considered this, and admitedly its not something I have ever done. Certainly worth thinking about though, thanx  :)

grins.  ahhh.  just the right touch of humor for where that was headed.  you know, there is a card game out there named "gother than thou..."

I had to look this up to see what it was, LoL.... Trust someone to monopolise on the Goth culture eh?

not to tread all over your post, drac.  you have a serious-ish question.  but i thought this would add a little more flavor.

Please feel free to sprinkle whatever condiment suits your fancy  :D  :D Personally I think Maple Syrup would sweeten things a bit >>chuckles<< ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »

I studied with a coven for almost a year.  I regret not having stayed with it.  I quit going for personal reasons that had nothing to do with them.  BC and I will look for one.  I have nothing negative at all I could say about the experience.  Peronally I am interested in a Gardnerian one but they are not really easy to find around where I live.  There are over 5 million people in a 50 mile radius of where I live.  I just dig a little harder.  They are there.

Thanx for this EBS, another perspective is definately welcome. I look back and think to myself that this is something I should have done when I was younger... Too much cynicism has set in now I guess...LoL ::)

I wish you well in your search for a new Coven, May the God and Godess bless and light your way.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »

EBS , why not start you own ?. I know there are several other here that are in Texas , don't know how close they are , after all Texas cover a lot of area. Meetings just on Sabbaths and maybe and one line coven ?. I have heard form another member here that would like to be in one and she is in Texas also .

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »

I am not remotely qualified to start any coven much less a Gardnerian one.  I have some avenues to persue in finding one.  Will see how it goes.  :)

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 05:37:03 PM »

If you do not mind, EBS, what was the focus of the group you were with?  Was it lifestyle or more like a "pagan church" atmosphere?

And, why do you not feel qualified?  you have such good intentions and a vast knowledge base.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »

EBS , everyone started from scratch , so why with what you know not start one. After all you have been doing this for more they a few years. It does not have to follow Gardner to the letter , much has been learned over the years , you can update it to current knowledge .

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »

If you do not mind, EBS, what was the focus of the group you were with?  Was it lifestyle or more like a "pagan church" atmosphere?

And, why do you not feel qualified?  you have such good intentions and a vast knowledge base.

Gardnerian based but family oriented.  I really enjoyed it.  :)  I had been studying with them for almost a year when I dropped out.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »

Would you not be able to return to that coven? Or does those issues you mentioned bar that possibility? I'm sure if the problem had been resolved they would welcome you back.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 08:10:47 PM »

I ran into the HP at a ren faire awhile back.  She said she was no longer running it.  Personally, I didn't believe her.  I took no offense from it.  She offered advice before I left group and I choose not to take it.  She was right and I ended up being wrong, so I figure I am no longer welcome.  I have no bad feelings about it.  She is a psychic and I refused free advice.  I wish her all the best.:)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up