Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 22, 2014, 12:55:20 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Coven or Solitary  (Read 5553 times)

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
Re: Coven or Solitary
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »

I certainly understand your sentiment.  the wanting that closeness we feel on line to come together in a physical meeting.

i would extend the invitation that if anyone is in central new york, i would love to meet for a drink or coffee...

Too bad we are so far apart AuntyGreens...  If anyone ever makes it to the Oregon Coast, give me a shout.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »

Not to far away Arne , will have to come down and see you some day. Bring you some beefsteak tomatoes ;D .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 11:10:29 PM »

any time, draco.

i was alone a lot, too, as a child.  and not at the same time.  i lived a duplictous life.  since i was a baby.

my mother was a social worker.  she saw the good in people, even when it wasn't healthy for her to do so.  my father was a sociopath.  as soon as my mother realized that, she divorced him.  he was a sick bastard in every way and struck out at me as a means of breaking her.

i can say that she was my shining light.  the true core of who i am.  she lived in fear of a lot of things.  but one of the best lessons she taught me was how to stand back up after life knocks you flat.

she was raised roman catholic vatican 1.  i was raised unitarian.

outside my home, my life was incredibly violent.  inside my home, when my mother, my sister and i got along, it was a lot of fun and games.  when my sister and i did not get along, i was alone.  mom worked 14 hour days.  she stopped having time for all the little things.  so, i get what you are saying, having to raise yourself and take care of yourself.

i have lived outside the box.  i prefer it that way, no matter how much it scares me.  or how much i feel like jello inside.  sometimes, i look back and think- how in the world did i survive that?

i like coming here.  i like not having my own board, even tho i miss it at times.  the different perspectives make me think.  make me rethink and a lot of it makes me go back to a simpler way of thinking.

i miss my street buds.  but i would never go back to them.  they were like a cross between a coven and a biker gang.

i miss my quad.  sometimes i get angry that it broke.  and not just for me, but the students i had at the time.  the other people who were willing to come and make a small compoound with the homes in our area.

but mostly, i think what i really miss is the ability for like minded people to understand me without all the extra explaination.  which i get right here.

and draco, some people change those walls into definition for themselves.  healthy definition.

me? i am rediscovering that i like breaking taboos out of anger, and then i figure out what i was supposed to be and what i am, then get to decide if that is acceptable for me and where i want to go.

arn... if i ever get out to my uncle's place, i will definately let you know i will be out there.

fp travels a bit, and it may be time i started joining him.  he was just in palm springs.
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

Arn,

How far are you from San Francisco?
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »

I love San Francisco, but the hills are murder on the legs. I was there with my son one April Fools day to watch the parades of fools.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2012, 09:16:03 AM »

Arn,

How far are you from San Francisco?

About 585 miles north of San Francisco.  Take US 101 north until you get to Waldport.  But don't blink when you get close, you will miss it. LOL
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

Thankyou :)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2012, 11:44:11 PM »

Want to put a few more miles on EBS and your welcome at my place.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:15 PM »

Having been to a coven recently on Samhain and I had a great time I still prefer to be solitary and be with you guys. I wish we were all closer and could be together once in a while(I miss CA and dm). I would go to a coven for the education(although it would be close to some friends), I
would come back home after. I love America no matter what, whether we are right or wrong, or the reason the world thinks their lives are so bad. This is where I want to be.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »

A teaching coven sounds like a good idea, I don't know if there would be anything like that near me. I too prefer to be a solitary, reasons already been discussed... :-p

I wish we were all closer and could be together once in a while(I miss CA and dm). I would go to a coven for the education(although it would be close to some friends)

It would be nice to be able to meet up from time to time.

I love America no matter what, whether we are right or wrong, or the reason the world thinks their lives are so bad. This is where I want to be.

Glad you feel so content with your country, I envy you that in a way, I am very much a Scottish patriot but I am not not so happy with quite a few things. If I did eventually move away, I think it would be because of the weather. I am so fed up with the weather here.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »

Move to Texas Drac.  You will love our summers  :-p

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »

Think my daughter would join me too, especially if it was horse country... ;) :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

marisol

• Redwood
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »

Florida is very nice, Missouri is not bad, Washington State is great.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

Summer's are hot here.  40+ isn't uncommon at all.  Texas is horse country.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »

All very attractive prospects but totally out of the question, certainly for the foreseable future. :( :(

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up