Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 28, 2016, 01:17:14 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a request....  (Read 1583 times)

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
Re: Got a request....
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »

Oh, we know that site VERY well!!! LOL And she has met all of the major fairies of the Disney series (except Vidia and the new Winter ones). One of the things they are saying is that she has an issue with her fine motor skills, something that I had never really noticed. Right now, she has straight A's in ALL of her classes and I have said for YEARS that she's going to be in 8th grade taking calculus. And the comment was made that some of her scores on the analysis are high for average students, but low for her. I'm not sure how the IQ test was done, I think it was a fill-in the bubble thing, so that may be the cause for the score.....her hands got tired of filling in the bubbles. But it still makes her smarter than her peers. She's even voiced the fear of being picked on for being too smart. LOL

Honestly, I still talk to myself and even inanimate objects on occasion, so I don't really see how it's unusual to see fairies or talk to them. I mean, she's a kid she needs to play and continue to develop that imagination. I guess that's why we're all here....because this kind of stuff seems normal because we have a broader view of the world and what's in it. LOL
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »

I talk to everything Aly , nothing wrong with that, myself the washing machine, the toaster,etc.

I think she is just a brilliant child, don't let anyone mess her up.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »

I am working VERY hard on that. It's frustrating because it seems like she doesn't have any common sense. And she'll do something and get in trouble for it and then 5 minutes later she's back to doing it. Or I tell her to stop and it takes 3-4 times and yelling for her to stop. I TRY not to yell at her a lot, but it gets frustrating to constantly repeat myself.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »

I am working VERY hard on that. It's frustrating because it seems like she doesn't have any common sense. And she'll do something and get in trouble for it and then 5 minutes later she's back to doing it. Or I tell her to stop and it takes 3-4 times and yelling for her to stop. I TRY not to yell at her a lot, but it gets frustrating to constantly repeat myself.

Soundsd very much like my son and grandson.  For one day, try something different.  Try not yelling when she needs to be corrected.  Use a calm, steady voice at a normal sound level and make her look at you.  I tried it with my grandson.  He immediately stopped what he was doing and paid attention.  Since it was so different, it kept his attention.  Can't hurt to try.  ;)
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

Willowen

• Cypress
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »

The last part of the human brain to develop/mature is the part that controls common sense. I believe that the brain finishes developing around 25. So don't fault her too much on that. ;)
"All knowledge is worth having."

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 05:23:48 PM »

Her "father" is 33 and STILL hasn't developed it! LOL

She seems to be going through her "Terrible Twos" all over again and I am at the end of my rope.....Goddess help me!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up