Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 25, 2014, 05:19:43 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Wiccans Believe in Reincarnation?  (Read 3976 times)

RainDancer

• Fir
Re: Do Wiccans Believe in Reincarnation?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 07:30:21 AM »

Old Stoneface-

I believe and have always believed that there is something greater then myself, something that created us. It feels like a ball of light in my gut (not the most elegant of analogies). To think and be with the Goddess and The God is nothing sort of true happiness. Well I cannot prove that my deities exist, there is actually a good, scientifically based argument for intelligent design (i.e A Creator/s). I find this point most excellently argued in the movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.

Blessed Be In Whatever Path You Choose
RainDancer
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt- (attributed) Abraham Lincoln

Old Stoneface

• Cypress
  • "I don't wanna be nice..." - John Cooper Clarke
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »

Old Stoneface-

I believe and have always believed that there is something greater then myself, something that created us. It feels like a ball of light in my gut (not the most elegant of analogies). To think and be with the Goddess and The God is nothing sort of true happiness. Well I cannot prove that my deities exist, there is actually a good, scientifically based argument for intelligent design (i.e A Creator/s). I find this point most excellently argued in the movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.

RainDancer

Fine RainDancer, believe what you need to, I have no problem with that. But scientific arguments for ID? Seriously? Also, I'm not Wiccan, so am not certain, but this is the first I've heard that the God and Goddess have been accused of Creation. Someone will put me right, I'm sure.

Lucifer -thanks for not wanting to kill me. I always appreciate that kind of consideration.

Serpentium - nice one. Thank you for making me giggle like an idiot.

Meantime, this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U
"I don't believe we can move on spiritually until we rid ourselves of religion." - Stonefather III

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »

What you believe it true but true only to you . What other believe is true but true only to them.

There is only one way to be sure , just wait for your time to be over then you'll know.

See you on the other side  ;) ;) .

Or when I get back here  ;D .
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:23:00 AM by oldghost »
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »

It's all good and well to debate  this topic, but when we experience the loss of someone close it's difficult to have much comfort in the belief that they will return. We feel only the loss in the immediate days after. My belief in reincarnation doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, it's ok to hurt and
feel sad. The thought that I will never see them again in this life time does not betray my belief.
Rather my belief gives me faith we will meet again.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »

The thought that I will never see them again in this life doesn't bother me that much.  You could meet someone on the street that has been reborn but you just don't know it is them. 
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

With personality and morality (transient states, at best) removed from the whole scenario, life, evolution, perception, the whole of creation really, is all just a data management system. We learn, reproduce and our updated DNA makes a new file. Recessive genes are stored in some kind of cache memory, in case they become relevant. Religion is probably an anti virus system that needs updating from time to time. "God" is probably a huge cosmic server bank where all the data from our reformatted hard drives gets collated, and shuffled into new combinations before uploaded back into our waiting C Drives.

Maybe.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

RainDancer

• Fir
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »

Old Stoneface-

RainDancer

Fine RainDancer, believe what you need to, I have no problem with that. But scientific arguments for ID? Seriously? Also, I'm not Wiccan, so am not certain, but this is the first I've heard that the God and Goddess have been accused of Creation. Someone will put me right, I'm sure.

Lucifer -thanks for not wanting to kill me. I always appreciate that kind of consideration.

Meantime, this;

First of all I'll watch your video when you watch mine. Second of all there is only weak and murky arguments for evolution. The chances of life starting randomly are the same chances you have of pulling many slot machines, winning each time, and in the exact same order. Also the complexity of many organisms mean that to have evolved gradually means that they would have had to constantly evolved from the second they started. I have heard plenty of theories about after the first cell, but none on how that cell came to be. I've heard everything from on the backs of crystals to spontanious generation in evolution and none of them seem to make any sense.

Blessed Be,
RainDancer
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt- (attributed) Abraham Lincoln

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »

The Goddess and The God are the mother and the father of living beings on the planet. As far as my personal beliefs, the materials to allow life to exist were already here, but they couldn't possibly have combined themselves in a way such that life as we know it would have been able to get as far as it did without... a little help.

That is, the Mother and Father seeded this place & nutured the life (- & possibly encouraged the evolution of - ) but were not the actual creators of The Universe, but I'd still maintain that what created it (and/or what created them) doesn't really matter as far as how I'm supposed to live my life :-p

And I don't want to kill anyone, Old Stoneface... Don't take it personally :-p
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:36:04 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »

Old Stoneface-

RainDancer

Meantime, this;

First of all I'll watch your video when you watch mine. Second of all there is only weak and murky arguments for evolution.

Blessed Be,
RainDancer
Are you serious? Evolution may not provide all the answers, but those answers it does give, are all backed up with empirical research, and solid evidence.
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »

Hello cutie tell me of evolution.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:05 PM »

Didn't they teach you about it at school?

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »

Hell, I believed in evolution back when I was a Christian.  Who was I to say what method God choose to use for creation?
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

Old Stoneface

• Cypress
  • "I don't wanna be nice..." - John Cooper Clarke
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »

Old Stoneface-

RainDancer

Meantime, this;

First of all I'll watch your video when you watch mine. Second of all there is only weak and murky arguments for evolution. The chances of life starting randomly are the same chances you have of pulling many slot machines, winning each time, and in the exact same order. Also the complexity of many organisms mean that to have evolved gradually means that they would have had to constantly evolved from the second they started. I have heard plenty of theories about after the first cell, but none on how that cell came to be. I've heard everything from on the backs of crystals to spontanious generation in evolution and none of them seem to make any sense.

Blessed Be,
RainDancer

Your video's a movie, and I'm out of the country for a week from today, so I'll watch it when I get back. My video's only ten minutes.

If you think the arguments for evolution are weak and murky then you haven't understood them. There is no faith involved, it's all based on evidence and observation. I'm not saying faith is not a legitimate way to view the world, just that it is not based on evidence, and until I see evidence, I cannot believe.
 My father died this year; he was an atheist, and at the end neither of us believed we would see each other again. It's a personal tragedy, but that's the way life works. Deal with it.

Of course, I may be wrong.
"I don't believe we can move on spiritually until we rid ourselves of religion." - Stonefather III

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 01:59:32 AM »

Hell, I believed in evolution back when I was a Christian.  Who was I to say what method God choose to use for creation?

^^^^^This^^^^^

There are still people who disbelieve evolution, despite empirical, documented evidence. Its like picking up a pencil and saying "I don't believe this was made from a tree". It doesn't matter whether your a Pagan or a Christian or A.N.Other, What is wrong with accepting that evolution happened and simply trust that whatever deity you follow had a hand in our development?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

There are still people who disbelieve evolution, despite empirical, documented evidence. Its like picking up a pencil and saying "I don't believe this was made from a tree". It doesn't matter whether your a Pagan or a Christian or A.N.Other, What is wrong with accepting that evolution happened and simply trust that whatever deity you follow had a hand in our development?
There is no proof that macro-evolution has EVER occured. This is because in order to be proven it would have to be observed, and the amount of time that it supposedly takes for this occur more than spans human existence...

Also, it being a theory with...   supporting evidence... doesn't make it any more valid than a belief that a white-haired, bearded man single-handedly created this place and all the creatures within it some 6012 years ago.

Supporting evidence is far from proof... Creation and Evolution are not mutually exclusive, but if someone decides to think that they are then it's their right (and really, since neither can be proven at this time, it doesn't make sense to argue the validity of EITHER of them)
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up