Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 20, 2014, 02:44:26 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Wiccans Believe in Reincarnation?  (Read 3847 times)

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: Do Wiccans Believe in Reincarnation?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »

White- haired bearded man , hell that must have been me.

Somehow make more sense for it to be a Women , with long red hair cute little .............  Think on it when was the last time a man gave birth to anything that was alive . My vote goes to the Mystery Mother .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »

By your own argument there is no proof that it NEVER happened. The occurence doesn't have to be observed to make it conclusive. the remnants of the occurence produces its own evidence.

Schroedingers cat?

The theory has supporting evidence which in itself gives the conclusion to the theoretical. there is more and more evidence that proves the development of mankind turning up even now.

Supporting evidence is far from proof...

What??? Then what is "supporting evidence" then if it isn't proof? Supporting evidence by definition is in fact proof.

Creation and evolution are not mutually exclusive, agreed but why can they not be inter-related at an early stage of development?
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Serpentium

• Walnut
  • Are the machines ready yet, Mr Tesla?
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 05:31:21 PM »

Magick Mother, or the Mystic Sister?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rj19DR3XeA&feature=related

(To make up for the Gary Glitter link earlier, enjoy)
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

My next victim . . .  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »

By your own argument there is no proof that it NEVER happened. The occurence doesn't have to be observed to make it conclusive. the remnants of the occurence produces its own evidence.

Creation and evolution are not mutually exclusive, agreed but why can they not be inter-related at an early stage of development?
Because there ain't no room for argument in the Old Testament. There's no "compromise" interface, just Heresy!
Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »

There's also supporting evidence for intelligent design... Just because you can look at the effects of something and come up with a conclusion in your mind that may satisfy your question as what you believe to be an answer doesn't mean that the answer is correct.

What I was stating is that since neither can be proven (and NEITHER can be proven... there is no proof for either, but there is evidence to be used that could suggest both) then it's moot to argue the validity of one over the other. Both are theories, NO, they're not mutually exclusive however neither should be taken as the absolute truth. Theories...
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »

This has nothing to do with this thread .

Just miss having the Moon Sisters here loved there music.

Not get back to your bantering.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »

Of course, I hadn't factored in the old testament. With that as part of the equation It all stands to reason of course!  :D :D :D :D

The theory for the development of mankind is gradually being dwindled away, the links are being found that tie so much together. There is still so much yet to be found to link it all of course, it's when they come to the original concept of living beings that the real work is going to have to be done. This is one aspect that may in fact never be resolved; the creation or initial inception.  This is what allows for the consideration of initial creation FOLLOWED by evolution.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 06:14:27 PM »

Stood in that place of perfect stillness, terms like "Evolution"  "Young Earth" or "Six days" are utterly meaningless, because in a very real sense, everything happens in the same, timeless instant. There is only "now".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_irWNn7nyT0

Or that's what "Burned out Bill" from across the Hallway just said. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:16:17 PM by Serpentium »

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 06:23:24 PM »

Ok, relatively speaking.

BTW, Whats with all the lengthy vids?

Serpentium

• Walnut
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 06:33:32 PM »

just a bit of music

eta; For the hippys.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:34:22 PM by Serpentium »

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »

So...we evolved from slime.  I have no problem, there.

What separates us?

Nothing.

We all exist at the same time for a reason. 

What is that reason?  You'll find out when They WANT you to.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »

Something to consider, and its been mentioned before elsewhere; What we once were and what we will be in the future, is the same as what we are now. We are star stuff, our molecules are the same as they always have been and the same as they yet will be. We are made up of the same stuff as the birds, the fish, the earth, the moon and so on. What matters whether we evolved from pond scum? or just suddenly appeared? we are what we are on this physical plane.

The question in hand is whether we as Pagans believe in reincarnation, I believe most Pagans do believe where as others do not. It's a very personal thing to each person; what I believe as far as reincarnation is concerned may not be the same as another believer holds to be true. There will be no definitive answer until your at the final door. Infact it may be then that you'll also find the final answer to the creation or evolution question too.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

I'll say yes to the reincarnation but what if it is happening for the sole purposes of us trying to get something right . Something that until we do get it right we can, t move on to whatever?.

Rowanmarie

• Holly
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »

Hmmmm I always took reincarnation as in the principle of energy never getting destroyed and it simply being then reforming as new. I apologize my explanations suck ;D
Creativity is the only weapon in the war against reality.
You're not wrong until you say you're right.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2012, 12:58:43 AM »

No Rowan your explanation does not suck. Ya know we have no instruction booklet, we probably
wouldn't read it anyway, being human ya know.

I believe everything was created by the devine, who also created our deities to be caretakers of
the earth and to teach us how to live with each other and the Mother. In caring for the Mother
we celebrate the blessings of life. When we have served our purpose, our time comes to pass on to Summerland, and await re-incarnation. This is my version, I believe we all have our own.
But none are wrong, just different.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up