Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 22, 2014, 05:18:46 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Blood to bond tools?  (Read 3358 times)

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
Blood to bond tools?
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »

I hope this isn't a completely foolish question. When making a tool, a wand for example, would putting a drop of your own blood on the wood create a stronger bond between you and the wand? Just a pin prick on a fingertip, not gross mutilation. Or is this something that shouldn't be done?
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

alyceavary

• Hawthorn
  • To each his own.....
Re: Blood to bond tools?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:21:27 AM »

I'm not an expert on the subject, and I've only seen blood magic once, but I would suggest not dabbling with it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing.
So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such proof is irrelevant. ~Drizzt Do'Urden

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:26 AM »

There's a bit of a difference between a pin prick of your own blood on a tool and blood magic.

As well, I don't know why, (other than an admixture of real and fantasy blood magic), people would be so concerned.  YES it IS intense...but otherwise no different from any other spell you'd consider using hair, fingernail or even urine to seal.

It's not a bad question...the short answer is that it would be okay IF done in a circle whilst charging the tool.

“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:08:58 AM »

Thanks for the input. I don't think I'll be making a wand soon. I want to do more research first. I want to make it as personal as possible. Trying to decide on the type of wood, what organic dyes and colors, what stones, metals, carvings, general shape and size, etc.... Any opinion on what wood would be best associated with Aries? Has anyone combined two or more woods in one wand? I thought about combining oak and cedar by starting  with two pieces of similar dimensions and splitting them lengthwise, and then binding half of each together somehow. And had considered a drop of blood between the two halves before putting them together. Just an idea.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »

Edorion first on your combining the two different types of wood , the shrink at different rates and the grains are different , that could make your wand come apart . Different types of woods for Aries should be Cherry and Hawthorn, zodiac Aries would include Holly and Chestnut. If you do use blood in  making your own tools I would suggest you use a sterile gauze to transfer the blood to the tool.

All things will depend on your skill level and the tools you have , one thing that would look nice on a wand is to put a spiral from on end to the other and inset a silver or gold chain in the spiral .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 11:21:54 AM »

Edorian that is a question I've not come across before. I would take C_A and ogs knowledge it
that type of magic before anyone elses. It is an interesting question.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »

One way of combining different woods would be to laminate them like a laminate longbow or flatbow. I would suggest two strips of your harder wood sandwiching the softer wood. Do this before shaping and it should turn out with a really nice finish. Do this with any number of different woods but make them symetrical working from your core piece, working outward. grade your woods outward according to shrink and flex rate of the woods. When making a bow, the laminates are not made symetrical and this is what gives the bend and reflex needed for a working bow. The symetry of your wand should help to stabilise it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 01:53:13 PM »

Thanks so much for all the very useful info. Though I'm sure it's probably not necessary, when I start making my tools, I want to go all out. I'm pretty good with my hands and fairly artistic, with more than a small dose of OCD. Lol. I'm loving the idea of a spiral wand inlaid with silver chain. So I'm thinking half holly, half chestnut, one wood stained with beet juice, the other  stained with blackberry, half the length of the wand spiraled and inlaid with silver chain. It's going to take a while, but when I finish it I'll post a picture.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 02:14:50 PM »

Thanks so much for all the very useful info. Though I'm sure it's probably not necessary, when I start making my tools, I want to go all out. I'm pretty good with my hands and fairly artistic, with more than a small dose of OCD. Lol. I'm loving the idea of a spiral wand inlaid with silver chain. So I'm thinking half holly, half chestnut, one wood stained with beet juice, the other  stained with blackberry, half the length of the wand spiraled and inlaid with silver chain. It's going to take a while, but when I finish it I'll post a picture.

Making your own tools is cool Ed, I'm in that process myself. It does take time and patience so, just use what is available to you in the meantime and replace as you go along. Thats how I'm doing it. I certainly wish you well with that project. Let us know how you get on with it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »

When I first started studying a friend of mine who works with metals made me a pewter wand
with my hair in it. She did a wonderful job it's truly gorgeous.

My son gave me a staff made of birdseye maple, I've always wanted to put some carvings on it, but it's so lovely I can't bring myself to do it.

I have a nice piece of walnut to make a wand out of, one day I hope to get to it.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 03:09:23 PM »

One thing Eborion , if you can find down branches from the trees you want to use , that is fine but thank to tree for them. If you must cut them ask the tree first and if it does not feel right then don't do it. A natural shape to what you well be making is away better then just being round .

What Drac said about laminating is good and if you go that way give the shape a little contour to it . Always wear a mask when working with adhesives and goggles .

Stay far away from Blood Magic , in will damage your soul, mind and body beyond repair . Very Bad Shit

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »

Personally I feel that simply working with the materials myself is putting my own self and energy in to my project. I won't use machine tools for projects such as these because I feel it would detract from the end result. Having said that, what Marisol said about adding some of her hair is a very nice touch to her wand, I like that idea.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »

Stay far away from Blood Magic , in will damage your soul, mind and body beyond repair . Very Bad Shit
I agree and disagree...

I personally think that blood magic should be left alone, but if another chooses to walk that path it's their mistake to make... :-p
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »

Only problem I can see with what blood and hair is that if someone gets hold of it they could harm you with it.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:36 PM »

Only problem I can see with what blood and hair is that if someone gets hold of it they could harm you with it.

Thats a valid point of course, worth keeping in mind.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up