Nuked
Welcome, Guest
July 24, 2014, 05:25:16 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Blood to bond tools?  (Read 2995 times)

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: Blood to bond tools?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »

Ed, It occurs to me that with you wanting to combine two woods to make your wand, you must be careful what woods you want to use. different woods have different properties and combining the wrong woods may cancel each other out.

May I suggest a little investigation into magickal properties of wood before proceeding? I understand the desire to associate with the sign of Aries, but for myself I would concern myself more with the properties.

Bear in mind these are my own thoughts on this, others may or may not disagree.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »

Thanks Drac. I'll research more before I decide.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »

After further research, I've decided to combine oak and cedar for my first wand. I think the properties will work well together and they will be extremely easy to find where I live. But now after researching I've decided on the wand I absolutely have to mak one day. I need some ebony from the Gabon region of Africa, and some bloodwood from Bolivia in South America. So, now I'm on a mission to see if it's possible to obtain those two woods.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »

I need some ebony from the Gabon region of Africa, and some bloodwood from Bolivia in South America. So, now I'm on a mission to see if it's possible to obtain those two woods.

Hope your passport is current then.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2012, 08:48:19 AM »

As much as I'd like to harvest the wood myself, I'm going to have to buy those two. :'(

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »

Check with a wood working shop that makes pens, bowls, etc.  They usually have excess stock they might sell you.  There is one here where I live that carries all kinds of exotic woods.  :)
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »

http://.www.hobbywoods,com.HTML   or http://.craftsmensupply,com,HTML ..

One thing to think about Edorion , is wood that comes from the place you are will hold the power of that place for you . Strength of family , home and the  land , be one with were you are at.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2012, 06:53:40 AM »

http://.www.hobbywoods,com.HTML   or http://.craftsmensupply,com,HTML ..

One thing to think about Edorion , is wood that comes from the place you are will hold the power of that place for you . Strength of family , home and the  land , be one with were you are at.

I agree. Its best for the wood to come from where you are. Of course its easy for me to get wood because I live in the woods. Ceders, Pines, Oak, Chestnut... There are tons over here for me. And I feel connected to them all. I grew up with them and they grew up with me. Its like a bond with family.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »

Yeah that does make sense. I've always been more than fond of cedar. Anytime I think of making a wand, cedar is the first thing that comes to mind. I was so upset when my mother cut down the cedar tree in her front yard. I loved that tree. While trying to choose a wood, I guess I've ignored the possibility that cedar has already chosen me.

Draconis Rex

• Council Elder
  • Cedar
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Yeah that does make sense. I've always been more than fond of cedar. Anytime I think of making a wand, cedar is the first thing that comes to mind. I was so upset when my mother cut down the cedar tree in her front yard. I loved that tree. While trying to choose a wood, I guess I've ignored the possibility that cedar has already chosen me.

Think that just answered your own question....LoL

Something you might like to consider, many like to have more than one wand, because the different woods have different strengths (not tensile), they feel its good to have wands for different purposes; Oak for protection, endurance and fertility, Hazel for truth, wisdom and divining, Willow for moon magick and healing and so on. Its worth thinking about.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:31:22 PM by Draconis Rex »

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »

Yes I will definitely make more than one. After researching ebony and bloodwood I definitely want to make a wand from those also. I think I'll take a walk this evening or in the morning to look for cedar.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »

Why make your tools out of a material from 12,000 miles away.

Go with what you have.  Where you live.  Who you are. 
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »

I'm making a wand from cedar right now. I dyed it with blackberries but didn't get the color I was going for. I was expecting a deep purple but got almost a pink. Lol. I might try again tomorrow with blueberries.

:: edited for spelling ::

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

Why make your tools out of a material from 12,000 miles away.

Go with what you have.  Where you live.  Who you are.

^This^

I know you hate that :-p
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy"  Friedrich Nietzsche

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »

Next time Edorion  boil down the blackberries and set it with vinegar , will help the colour to last longer.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up