Nuked
Welcome, Guest
December 18, 2014, 12:35:35 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searchin for "it"  (Read 471 times)

ElizaJane65

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Searchin for "it"
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »

I've tried to send a private message, but I am not figuring it out.  So, I'll ask my question here, in open forum.

I feel drawn to the earth and the animals.  I feel pulled and compelled to become closer to that.  I am comfortable in sweat lodges and in the company of those who are clairvoyant.  I am attracted to crystals, specifically Ruby Crystal. I am definitely ruled by the moon and affected by the ebb and flow of water.  I am obsessed with "the 13 grandmothers" and places on the Earth that are sacred.  I was born and now also live at the base of a mountain in Northern California that is known for being a sacred space and it feels significant. It has taken what seems a lifetime (quite literally) to understand what I inherently already know.  It has taken the same amount of time to understand the phrase "storehouse of knowledge", which was given to me by a shaman about 16 years ago and I walked away from that because, I think,  I was not ready.   I feel ready now, and I am at a loss as to where to turn for guidance and direction.   I know it will come to me, however; I don't know how to ask for assistance.  Is there a prayer?  Is there a meditation? How do I know I am on the right path?  I trust my instincts, my intuition and the invisible angels I feel nearby.  I am struggling to tap into this energy because I am over-thinking things and I have a tendency to "over share" once I get started.   

lucifer

• Ash
Re: Searchin for "it"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:24:16 PM »

If you're looking for suggestions as to what can guide you try reading the pages on Shamanism by WyldKat http://wicca.com/celtic/wyldkat/shmnindex.htm

I believe that the majority of a Shaman's path is supposed to be walked alone - following the guidance of the spirits - seeking communion with them so that they can show you the way.

However, I'm no Shaman so don't take my word for it :-p
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:25:11 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20:24 PM »

Got it, a respond has been sent  :) .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »

The Veil's Edge  by Willow Polson has a pretty good chapter on Shamanism.  My knowledge of Shamanism is limited but one thing I keep running across is, one does not choose Shamanism, one is called by the Gods.  Let us know how your studies go.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Up