Nuked
Welcome, Guest
September 23, 2014, 03:19:13 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Time of Day  (Read 965 times)

auntygreens

• Willow
Time of Day
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »

If you could be awake at any time of day, what would it be and why?

I find that I am most cheerful between 11 pm and 3 am.  I connect with this time of day like no other.  I feel safe.  Creative.  Free.  I feel a sense of connection, in a deep spiritual way, to the world around me.  I love seeing rain or snow against the street lights.  And the wind calls to me most during this time.  I also sleep better between 4 am and 9 am.

What I think connects me the most is chant work during this time.  I feel at peace to begin with, so it is easier to focus.

Any one else?
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

searching

• Meṁber
  • Willow
  • Well behaved women rarely make history
Re: Time of Day
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »

I would say from about 9am to 130pm is my most awake and energetic time but my most peaceful time is about 9pm to 11pm.

Just Dave

• Fir
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »

I work 12 hr. shifts from 6pm to 6am.  On my off days I keep pretty much to the same routine, much to my wife's chagrin.  I find I'm most awake and aware from around 11pm to about 4am.  I do most of my magic work around midnight or slightly after.  After 4am I like to go out and look at the sky, especially this time of year.  Orion is straight over head and lately Jupiter's been in the same general area.  I'll usually stay out to see Venus rise, then I'll go in and go to bed.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:51 PM »

I like to be awake from around 10 am nowadays . Favorite time is just after dusk .  This is on the rare occasions that I am not up 24 hours a day .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »

Midnight till dawn. I really thrive when I can go to bed just after the sun's come up.

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Aunt Thora

• Cypress
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 03:30:06 AM »

sunrise and sunset.  most peaceful time for me.  2pm to 4 pm don't even ask me to think i shut down.  been that way all my life.   

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 04:19:40 AM »

I seem to be more active through the night, unfortunately though I have old folks live in the area and through the wall from me so activity has to be kept to a minimum.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »

0330-0500.

Hell...I'm up at that time most often.  It must mean something...
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »

Yes C_A it has meaning , if I remember right it is called the mocking time ; the time when evil makes fun  of the good . From a medical stand point it is also the many time most people die in their sleep . No that's not a joke , my cardiologist told me that .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

WhiteRaven

• Hawthorn
  • Magick Is Everywhere, Never doubt it.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »

My time of day prefers on the earths positioning and season changes. If its spring and summer I usually go to bed early and wake up around 7am. If its fall through winter I sleep all day and go to bed around dawn. No clue why but that's how it is for me.

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »

I prefer early morning. Between five and six. I love the sunrise, the dew on the grass, the birds singing. I like to sit outside in the morning with a cup of coffee and a book. (and a blanket in the winter)
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.

auntygreens

• Willow
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »

Thank you.

I am wondering a little at the way we conform to work schedules.  While I understand that is it more cost effective to have offices all run at the same time as far as electricity.  But I am wondering if businesses would be more productive to have people set their own schedules.  The work would still get done, because, let's face it- don't get your work done, there is less chance of keeping your position for very long.  Less time would be spent chatting, gossiping, and moaning, as fewer people would be crammed in together.

I also wonder why we have teenagers who are chemically proven to be more awake at night go to school earliest, instead of younger children, who tend to learn better during the morning.

I find that my meditations work best during certain hours.  That I am more prone to headaches certain hours.  And that I feel more rested when I can start work around 10 am.

A curiosity, I guess.  Thanks for indulging me...
To give love, one must acknowledge, accept, validate, and share. But most important of all of these is to reassure, as it removes doubt, fear, and hurts well beyond any other Healing in this World.

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 02:45:13 AM »

A curiosity, I guess.  Thanks for indulging me...

Your posts are never an imposition Aunty  :)

I must admit, your idea has appeal, however, I would be rather erratic in my working schedule, as flexible as it may be....  ;) ;D ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 06:09:48 PM »

I always worked at night and if I could I would sleep during the day and be up all night.Night is just my favorite time.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Edorion

• Oak
  • Honor thy Mother
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

When I'm not unemployed, I love my schedule. I work seven days 6 am - 6 pm. Then I get seven days off. Then I work seven nights 6 pm - 6 am. Then seven days off. Then repeat.
Isis: Great Mother of the World. Queen of the Heavens. She whose names are infinite in number.

We all come from the Goddess. And to Her we shall return. Like a drop of rain. Flowing back to the ocean.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up