Nuked
Welcome, Guest
October 31, 2014, 06:21:45 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: hey :) im new to the site  (Read 680 times)

virgo5

• Meṁber
  • Alder
hey :) im new to the site
« on: November 01, 2012, 04:49:43 AM »

Hey :) so how is everyone? I've been trying to find a wiccan forum cuz I wanted some input on something. Id like to become a high priestess one day and I was wondering if aanyone had recommendations for good schools

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Cedar
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
Re: hey :) im new to the site
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:10:19 AM »

Hello and welcome to TCC Virgo5

Firstly you want to be a highpriestess, in what exactly? you need to be a bit more specific. Other than that, your best bet is to get yourself into a coven; those are the best schools for Pagan paths. But do be very careful about which coven you go to.

I would strongly advise however, you take a lot of time and study up about your path before you go any further forward. On this site there is a lot of information, simply read through the posts here and that will help. Pay attention to stickied threads here, and there is also this thread  http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=400.msg168000#msg168000    it offers a list of books you should get your hands on.

Sorry, no one said this was going to be easy....  ;D ;D

BTW. Introduce yourself to us, we like to know who we are talking to  ;)

May you find what you seek
Blessed be.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 05:34:43 AM »

Hello & Welcome, Virgo5. Please tell us why you're interested in your path (Wicca?) ;D
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:01:13 AM »

Welcome to TCC, Virgo5.  The road to being a High Priestess in most traditions is a long one.  Some never make it there. Start with baby steps.  Learn all you can on your own.  Then look for a coven you are comfortable with.  They will take you from there.  Your beginning studies will be at a minimum 1 year and a day just to reach 1st degree.  From there it is usually at least 2 years to get to 2nd degree. It depends on the covens requirements.  I wish you well on your journey.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »

Welcome Virgo5 , study , study and study more. One thing to always remember you will never learn it all , for each day something new to learn will be born. Enjoy .
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

virgo5

• Meṁber
  • Alder
a little about me
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »

I'm the army in tx, originally from pa, and usually finding a coven or a circle isn't the easiest thing to do so I've tried to do what I can with solitary practice eve though I prefer a more social setting. I also have to split my time between the army and anything wiccan related I chose to do. Which is why I was considering the possibility of an online high priestess school which might be better for my army schedule.

lucifer

• Ash
Re: a little about me
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »

Which is why I was considering the possibility of an online high priestess school which might be better for my army schedule.
Um... I don't think it works like that. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure that there are fraudulent sites out there claiming to "take you to the next level!" even though they have no such recognized authority to bestow these things upon people...

It takes years upon years of dedicated study and practice to achieve what you're seeking, and there is no quick fix that will legitimately get you there any sooner. And if you are considering an "online high priestess school" you should just call yourself a high priestess and save your $$$...

::edit::
To locate covens in your area you should checkout www.witchvox.com
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:35:15 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »

Welcome virgo5 stick around for awhile. There is much to learn here and some very intelligent
people who would enjoy answering your questions.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »

Welcome to TCC.  Be very wary of online stuff and hold on tight to your purse.  Not sure where you are based out but I suspect you can find a coven close by.
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

virgo5

• Meṁber
  • Alder
hello
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 04:41:14 AM »

Well I know that there some real online wiccan priestess schools. I don't doubt that some of them are fradulent tho. Part of my issue tho is that I don't have a car at the moment. I'm trying to amend that though. That's part of the reason I was thinking online.

virgo5

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 04:45:32 AM »

Hello & Welcome, Virgo5. Please tell us why you're interested in your path (Wicca?) ;D

I'm not quite new to the path but I have had a hard time for a long time trying to find other covens and circles. Because that was difficult, I just went with being solitary for a while. I've been interested in wicca for a long time tho. Right now now I'm trying to go for wiccan chaplain in the army :) one requirement of chaplain is to have proof of the religious leadership aka high priestess.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 08:25:17 AM »

Being a high priestess is a little more complicated than getting a car. It takes years of study. I
personally think online study for what you are looking for is useless. They only want your money.

You have been warned .

Goddess bless.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.
It's so easy to laugh, It's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind. Morrissey

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

virgo5

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 08:55:53 AM »

I'm aware of the fact that its more complex than buying a car and that not every website offering what I'm looking for is totally legit. I just said that I was considering it as one possibility of many. I do hope to find what I'm looking for :) and I thank you for wanting me to be careful

Arnemetia

• Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • Crone
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:48 AM »

I'm not quite new to the path but I have had a hard time for a long time trying to find other covens and circles. Because that was difficult, I just went with being solitary for a while. I've been interested in wicca for a long time tho. Right now now I'm trying to go for wiccan chaplain in the army :) one requirement of chaplain is to have proof of the religious leadership aka high priestess.

The bold above is the key.  How can you prove religious leadship if you have never been a religious leader?  The type of leadership they are talking about is done in the flesh, not online.  The title "High Priestess" is something earned by much more than reading books or studying an online course.  If it were that easy everyone would be one.  I am going to suggest you go to a metaphysical shop and talk to someone there.  They will have a lot of information and can possibly direct you to a coven or circle group where you can gain more knowledge.  Blessings.
We touch each others lives, for the time we are meant to.

Sometimes the best advice is silence.

Never let your Memories be greater than your Dreams.  Unknown

virgo5

• Meṁber
  • Alder
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 06:48:26 AM »

That's the point of my wanting to become a high priestess....to gain the knowledge to become one. Ill learn :) and btw is anyone here from texas? Cuz I'm sure how good the covens in el paso are
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up