Nuked
Welcome, Guest
November 22, 2014, 05:48:04 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Wicca Internet Resource Guide  (Read 9061 times)

lang_yin

• Meṁber
  • Alder
Re: Wicca Internet Resource Guide
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »

Apart from the section where it said Wicca was a prehistoric religion, that would mean it was practiced in the time of the dinosaurs.

actually, no, while true, Wicca isn't exactly prehistoric (to my knowledge anyway (which is less then most)), the word prehistoric means before history, or recorded history, this can refer to any time when history was not recorded, or, to be specific in this sense, before history was recorded at first, and this period of "prehistory" contains the start of everything up to the first recorded work, with a large period of that prehistory predating and succeeding the age of the dinosaurs, that section probably placed Wicca at a point between the dinosaurs and the first recorded work, you see?

but anyway, meh, i dont know, just felt like writing something... heh,

simply walk a path in life, you'll get to where your going,

TBD

• Meṁber
  • Pine
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 08:49:34 AM »

+1,000,000,000,000 on this thread.

The first link alone in the OP was so freaking fantastic, refreshing and NEEDED! ;D  Actually, so far everything has been very helpful.  I'm still working through this thread though.

I hesitated to post this since I'm not adding anything of value.  I apologize if a "thank you" post for this is discouraged...but I could not just sit and not give thanks for this thread and the site hosting it.  It's THAT good! ;D

wiccanfan

• Meṁber
  • Fir
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »

I agree. Very informative and helped me learn a LOT.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net
nathan

cedhawk

• Meṁber
  • Fir
  • Be careful what you wish cuz u might get it ...
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »

this post would be really be helpful for me since i don't really have any knowledge about wicca. tnx for this one. :)
A living thing cannot always be defined by merely its appearance. Every existence has its own purpose and significance. Without exception, everything is special.

A real wise person uses but few hard words. A smatterer one thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things. :)

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »

Odd.  Why would a person be interested in a religion that they admittedly know nothing about?  Just asking a question.....
"Oh Well...Whatever...Nevermind"  Kurt Cobain

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

::edited::
original content removed
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:44:11 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2012, 12:42:04 PM »

Let us let cedhawk answer for himself and we might get the answer.  :-p

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »

original content removed

Just a note mate. If you can restrain yourself from removing whole posts willy nilly people like myself  might put a tad more credence in the ones you leave relatively well in tact.

Maybe you're just not real forum savvy, but your habit of doing major re-edits and self censorship is considered to be  a sign of untrustworthiness and subterfuge. If you've posted something the mods feel needs to be removed for legal or ethical reasons, they'll remove it. If you've said something you later regret, have the bollocks to apologise unreservedly for it and leave the original post the feck alone so that other users might have an idea of where your head's at and what level of weight they can put to anything you say.

I can only speak for myself here, but quite frankly having seen this habit of yours time and time again, at present I don't believe a word you have to  say on any topic and in fact generally utterly disregard most of your posts.

Just sayin'. If you wish to be listened to you need to earn people's trust and respect.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »

It is very bad form to remove a post after someone has replied to it. To correct spelling or grammar is just fine but the whole thing??

oldghost

• Magnolia
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »

Remember someone else uses to do that , Guess who SE.
" You can't catch a shadow and you can't kill a dead man " J.C.F.

lucifer

• Ash
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2012, 10:06:08 PM »

It is very bad form to remove a post after someone has replied to it. To correct spelling or grammar is just fine but the whole thing??
The content of my post was in conflict with your request. Respecting your request, I removed the content of my post (You were the intended recipient of that post anyway, Earthbound Spirit).

I don't really understand why the subjects in this forum tend to go so off-topic (how is this in any way related to a Wicca Internet Resource Guide?!) but I don't use PMs as much as I should for this reason. If the question is asked publically, I'll usually answer publically, even if the intended recipient is an individual and it's not conducive to the original topic.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:04:06 PM by lucifer »
The day people stop learning is the day they die. Life is one big classroom , from cradle to grave , a place learning is forever , some learn quickly some remain in the same class their entire life.

Scorched Eartha

• Birch
  • Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »

The content of my post was in conflict with your request. Respecting your request, I removed the content of my post (You were the intended recipient of that post anyway, Earthbound Spirit).

I don't really understand why the subjects in this forum tend to go so off-topic (how is this in anyway related to a Wicca Internet Resource Guide?!) but I don't use PMs as much as I should for this reason. If the question is asked publically, I'll usually answer publically, even if the intended recipient is an individual and it's not conducive to the original topic.

original content removed

Just a note mate. If you can restrain yourself from removing whole posts willy nilly people like myself  might put a tad more credence in the ones you leave relatively well in tact.

Maybe you're just not real forum savvy, but your habit of doing major re-edits and self censorship is considered to be  a sign of untrustworthiness and subterfuge. If you've posted something the mods feel needs to be removed for legal or ethical reasons, they'll remove it. If you've said something you later regret, have the bollocks to apologise unreservedly for it and leave the original post the feck alone so that other users might have an idea of where your head's at and what level of weight they can put to anything you say.

I can only speak for myself here, but quite frankly having seen this habit of yours time and time again, at present I don't believe a word you have to  say on any topic and in fact generally utterly disregard most of your posts.

Just sayin'. If you wish to be listened to you need to earn people's trust and respect.
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.

The Edge there's no honest way to explain it as the only people who really know where it is have gone over.

Earthbound Spirit

• Council Elder
  • Maple
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »

lucifer, I didn't ask you to remove your post.  I took a poke at you for answering for cedhawk.  I think my question was within the spirit of the thread based on other posts cedhawk has made.  We allow thread drift.  We have since i have been a member here.  Some of the best threads have come from it. 

As I said, I made no such request.  All of this is due to you having deleted your post.  It's just bad form.  I am offering advice to you and anyone else who reads it.   Main reason is that it keeps people from having to quote someone if they feel that person might delete it.

No harm no fowl.  Back to thread.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »

original content removed

Flawlessly executed.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.

C_A

• FIDEI DEFENSOR
  • Council Elder
  • Redwood
  • JERSEY TRUE
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »

...I don't really understand why the subjects in this forum tend to go so off-topic (how is this in any way related to a Wicca Internet Resource Guide?!)...

This is an issue that had twisted my own head for years.  On nearly ALL fora.  But it happens.  Al the time. 

It took a while, but I, to some extent, got over it.
“I’ve come to view Jesus much the way I view Elvis. I love the guy but the fan clubs really freak me out”  ~ John  Fugelsang.
You know that you've created your G-d in your own image and likeness when he hates all the same people as you do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up