Welcome, Guest
September 18, 2019, 07:00:58 PM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Big Hello  (Read 1476 times)

samlouise01

• Meṁber
  • Alder
A Big Hello
« on: June 30, 2015, 07:36:04 PM »

Hi Everyone.

I am pretty new to "wicca" in the sense of researching it, but I am starting to believe that i was brought up by practitioners of the faith.

My Grandmother was Irish and she was a very "other-worldly" person, to the point that people would flock to her. She was a very naive lady, innocent of worldly knowledge. She was a healer and that was one of the reasons people would come to her. She would also read Tealeaves, Which she taught me to do, and what she said was passed down generations. Its very hard to explain her aura in writing as nothing i type would really do it justice. She would also carry stones with her everywhere, Little stones she would find laying about.
I guess your thinking err how don't you know?

My Nan was Catholic, She wasn't a devout Catholic but she would always pray before bed to her Mum and her Dad.

Many of the beliefs i have seen in the Wiccan faith are very similar to how i was raised. but doesn't really fit into the christian religion. I have read that wiccan is called new age because it is exactly that and that there aren't really any generations of practitioners but that most literature started in the early 1900's   

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
Re: A Big Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 09:18:20 PM »

Samlouise , greetings and well met . Wiccan is a new term from old words . The religion of the Goddess is over 40,000 years old to what we know at present . I still have stones given to me by my Great Grandmother so . It is nothing strange but something common .

You have started on a journey that if you follow it true can open your eyes to world you never knew . Enjoy it .

If you have question just ask , we are here to help and guide those who seek the truth .

Blessings , og
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:28:38 PM »

Welcome and hello samlouise :) I wish you well on your journey of spiritual discovery.

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »

Welcome to TCC, Samlouise.

Mystik Witch

• Cypress
  • What you think about, you bring about!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 06:42:53 AM »

Hello and welcome to our little community. I can relate to what you are saying about your grandmother. I to hope you find what you are looking for. As they say: "Seek and you will find." Good luck on your path. MW
Blessed Be!

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:23:09 AM »

"Seek and you will find." H'mmm, yes ..... but there's no telling what you might find.....

Welcome to our community, samlouise.

Alchymist.

edit: spelling corrected.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:47:46 PM by Alchymist »
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »

Welcome Samlouise if you find you have questions, we are here to help.

Happy journey.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Valerie

• Ash
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »

Hello and welcome x
Tho my path is uncertain, I'll go where my heart leads me...because in my quest to find my way, I know I'll find myself x
Pages: [1]   Go Up