Welcome, Guest
August 15, 2018, 01:52:30 AM
News: Visit our Store for Pagan Books, Wiccan Jewelry and Magical Supplies! http://wicca.com/stores/entrance.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello + Reincarnation Question  (Read 2612 times)

Marigold

• Fir
  • those who don't believe in magic will never find it
Hello + Reincarnation Question
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

Hello, I'm new to this board and somewhat new to my path, which is Celtic Wicca.  I discovered it about 2 years ago, and it was like coming home.  I realize now I've been on this path my whole life (or lives?), which leads me to my burning question.  Is there a forum here on reincarnation?  I was not born in a celtic country, nor do I genetically have anything to do with the historically celtic regions.  Well, I was born on that same continent, that's about it.  However, even as a child, not knowing anything about it, I sought out and was fascinated with what I now know are all things celtic.  Celtic witchcraft feels as natural to me as anything could ever feel.  I have a strong emotional response to celtic music and folklore, to Irish and Scottish landscapes, to Gaelic language, celtic symbols...  I did a past life regression, and it took me straight to some place in the British Isles that I've never been to in real life.  It was eerily detailed.  I was someone else, and I think it was another century, and it felt like home and also incredibly sad, like a loss of something dear...  I didn't want to go back here.  Is this my imagination?  Anyone else experiencing anything like it?
there is no wifi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection )O(

Alchymist

• Ash
  • Keep them off-balance and brazen it out!
Re: Hello + Reincarnation Question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:32:03 PM »

Greetings Marigold, and welcome to TCC Forum.

There's a thread on reincarnation on the Pagan Q&A board, at
http://wicca.com/forums/index.php?topic=9232.0
which might be of interest. There are probably other older threads; have a good look around, and use the "search" button at the top of the page.

I've always felt drawn to the Celtic world; I was born in England of mixed English, Welsh and Romany ancestry, and have been interested in traditional Celtic music for (yikes!!) about 50 years (!!!). I've been to Ireland, Scotland, Wales (many times) and the Isle of Man, and always felt a kind of emptiness when I had to leave. I'm a semi-professional Celtic musician ("semi-professional" means I sometimes get paid for playing, but never enough to make a living at it), in a duo with my wife and, sometimes, other friends - sometimes as many as 6 or 7!

There are many other Celts on the Forum here; I think you'll find you're among kindred spirits.

Blessed Be, and again, welcome,

Alchymist 
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Believe nothing: question everything: think for yourself!

Marigold

• Fir
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 09:47:29 PM »

Hi Alchymist, and thanks for your reply.  I'll definitely check out the thread!  Looking forward to meeting everyone here.

Blessed Be  :)
there is no wifi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection )O(

Draconis Rex

• Your friendly, fire breathing
  • Council Elder
  • Blackthorn
  • I am the mad dragon, hear me roar!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »

Welcome to TCC Marigold. The best thing to do is to have a good look all round our boards, you'll find all kinds of answers to all kinds of questions you may not have thought of yet; most enlightening.

Although we do seem to be rather quiet at the moment, feel free to engage in any of the topics and share with us as you will. Enjoy your time with us.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I WAS the 5th rider of the Apocalypse, before they became famous.

Canis

• Ash
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:29:22 PM »

Welcome to TCC Marigold.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 10:02:28 PM »

Greetings Marigold . Would you care to tell us a little more about what you learned when you had your past life regression ?.
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »

Hello Marigold! Welcome. I would love to hear more about your past life regression.

Interestingly enough, I wasn't born in Ireland/Scotland/British Isles area, since I was born in America, but I've always had a love for the Celts: the langauges, music, history, ways of life, folklore, etc. I'm part Irish, but not sure how much, however, I've always felt a pull towards there.

Past life regression sounds like a great way to find out what you were in your past. I've never done it, but I've always wanted to try it. I was talking to my bf the other night about bloodlines and whatnot and also someday want to see what my markers are. He sort of bummed me out a tad saying that most likely my ancestors were all slaves (since I'm also African American) and that many Europeans slept with/raped African slaves *sigh* definitely not giving up on it!

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »

Your ancestors certainly weren't "all" slaves, Moonlit. You only have to go back 28 generations (about 700 years) before the number of your possible ancestors exceeds the entire population of the planet. We really are all one big happy family, as they say; we're all descendants of kings and emperors, slaves and peasants, saints and sinners; soldiers, sailors, butchers, bakers, poets and artists and musicians, cattle rustlers and sheep stealers, thieves and pirates and prostitutes, Irish and African, Kirghiz and Cherokee. You and me, Marigold and oldghost and Drac and Canis. All related, all long-lost cousins.

One of these days we should hold a family reunion. Of course, we'd need a pretty big space.......

Alchymist 
"Truly I say to you, he who seeks, shall find. And sometimes, he shall wish he hadn't."

Marigold

• Fir
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 03:40:10 PM »

Thanks for all the replies!  So glad I found this forum  :)  I'll try to keep it short (good luck to me). 

During my first regression, there was nothing but darkness, and I thought it wasn't working.  Then, out of nowhere, a man's deep voice with a heavy Irish or Scottish (?) accent called me Marigold.  The voice was so close, so clear, and so real, it shook took me out of the state I was in.  I opened my eyes half-excepting to see someone next to me.  I knew right away the voice belonged to father in my past life, and Marigold was my nickname given to me due to red hair.  I immediately adapted it as my Wiccan name.  During my second regression, I found myself in what was definitely my bedroom (bed chamber).  The room was fairly small, with a narrow bed pushed to the wall, and large triangular windows with heavy frames from wall to wall, placed a bit higher, toward the ceiling.  Looking outside, I could see a lush green hillside and large body of water (a lake?) ahead.  The house was on top of a hillside.  I knew there was someone waiting for me outside, but the only way to get there was to go downstairs through the main dining room, and I knew there was a large family dinner underway, so I couldn't leave unseen.  I looked in a kind of a looking glass before leaving my room... I was a slender girl of 16-18, with very long wavy red hair, blue eyes, wearing a type of corseted dress, like in the 18th century.  I went downstairs, knowing that I'll have to join everyone for dinner, and won't be able to go outside and join the person waiting for me, which was making me very anxious.  Downstairs, I saw a huge dinning room, with a huge table in the middle, with about 20 people seating at it.  Every face was a blur, except for a large man with red hair, who I knew immediately was my father.  I know my mother was there too, but her face was a blur.  My father invited me to sit down with them, and when I did, I realized the person who I thought was waiting for me outside was also at the table, which surprised me to no end.  His face was a bit of blur also, but I know he had dark hair.  As the dinner progressed, it was becoming clear, that we were betrothed, and were going to get married.  The overwhelming emotions were too much, and I came back.  I've tired coutnless times to do another regression and go back to that dinner, but I can't seem to do it.  I've come back to other days in that same place a few times, and it was wonderful too. 

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 10:54:02 AM »

Welcome Marigold enjoy your time with us. Marigolds are my favorite flower. It's a lovely name.
Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain

Marigold

• Fir
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 01:49:31 PM »

Welcome Marigold enjoy your time with us. Marigolds are my favorite flower. It's a lovely name.

Thanks Marisol  :)

MoonlitWings

• Birch
  • My wings, bathed in the light of the moon.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »

Your ancestors certainly weren't "all" slaves, Moonlit. You only have to go back 28 generations (about 700 years) before the number of your possible ancestors exceeds the entire population of the planet. We really are all one big happy family, as they say; we're all descendants of kings and emperors, slaves and peasants, saints and sinners; soldiers, sailors, butchers, bakers, poets and artists and musicians, cattle rustlers and sheep stealers, thieves and pirates and prostitutes, Irish and African, Kirghiz and Cherokee. You and me, Marigold and oldghost and Drac and Canis. All related, all long-lost cousins.

One of these days we should hold a family reunion. Of course, we'd need a pretty big space.......

Alchymist 

I know they weren't "all" slaves, but the comment bummed me out a tad, but also strengthened my desire even further to know more.

oldghost

• Blackthorn
  • Nightwinds whisper all to me
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 08:38:13 PM »

Marigold , people for what ever reason seem to think the Celtic people are from the United Kingdoms ( United , very funny ) and don't look beyond that area. Get a good book on the origins of the Celts . You will find that they came from far away , yes one could say the their final place to colonize was their most important to the world .

Off subject , love red heads  :-p
"Everything I know I learned by listening and watching . Nowadays people learn out of books instead . Doctors study what man has learned . I pray to understand what man has forgotten ." Vernon Cooper

Alchymist

• Ash
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:01 PM »

True, OG. Also, we mustn't forget that the word "Celtic" doesn't refer to a single people or racial stock; we're a pretty mongrelous lot, of varied origins, from Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, the Eastern Mediterranean, even North Africa. Linguistically we can be divided into two major streams, known as Goidelic and Brythonic, but even that division isn't clearcut; there's a good deal of similarity between the earlier Celtic tongues and ancient Greek, Aramaic, other Levantine languages such as Syriac and Hittite, and even Berber. This is commonly seen in Deity names; for example, the Greek goddess Ariadne (or Arachne) became the Welsh goddess Arhianrhod.

From the Goidels comes the word Gaul, an old name for most of what is now France; the Goidelic Celtic language group gave rise to present-day Irish and Scottish Gaelic, and Old Galician. From the Brythons (from which the words Prydein and Britain derive) come Welsh, Cornish and Breton. Manx, set as the Isle of Man is more or less equidistant from Wales, Scotland and Ireland, is even more hybrid and includes a lot of Old Norse, from Viking invaders.

We Celts perhaps don't like to think too much about this part of our history; our lands originally extended over much of Europe and the Near East, but we gradually got driven progressively westward by successive waves of fiercer (and more organized) invaders such as Huns, Goths, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Norse, until all we now have left is the mountainous western fringe of the continent, where we made our last stand in our hidden fastnesses. Also, the invaders didn't want the unproductive moor and mountain terrain of the far west; they preferred to stay in the fertile lowlands of Gaul, Belgium, Holland and southeast England.  Some of us got pushed even further west, braving the stormy Atlantic and establishing Celtic colonies in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia (which means "New Scotland"), and even further afield in the penal colonies of Australia and Tasmania (Van Diemen's Land).

The history outlined here is necessarily brief and incomplete; as OG says, Marigold (and anyone else interested), find a good book on early European history. You'll find it's full of surprises.

Blessed Be everyone,

Alchymist.

marisol

• Redwood
  • Blessed be all in the Goddess
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 05:40:17 AM »

I've been reading "The Religion of the Ancient Celts" by J. C. MacCulloch. It is an interesting book published in 1911 and it
presents the same info that Alchymist is speaking of. Sorta have to sift through certain parts, but it explains Celtic origins
well.

Protect your 2nd amendment rights.

What do you seek?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.   Kurt Cobain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up